Jason Brown | Page 439 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
(I assume it was total in Colorado? Only 75% in my corner of eastern PA, but I had geeky glasses like Jason and it was cool to see....)

Not quite... I am about 1.5 hours north of Colorado Springs and we were at 92%... it did not get that dark actually.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Huh I was at work and it was like...nothing. Boring cloudy day. Not a touch of darkness and the sun was supposedly about 87% obscured. Very anticlimactic. Oh but. For those who haven't seen this SNL clip on the eclipse:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sx4MyFqBFig

But Jason's hair. It's almost looking like a Rohene do.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Huh I was at work and it was like...nothing. Boring cloudy day. Not a touch of darkness and the sun was supposedly about 87% obscured. Very anticlimactic. Oh but. For those who haven't seen this SNL clip on the eclipse:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sx4MyFqBFig

But Jason's hair. It's almost looking like a Rohene do.

Oh, for the eclipse, here you wouldn't have even known without the hype and the glasses (which I got for free from an astronomer friend, so that's the only way I knew). Nothing like 70 when it actually got, like, dark. Of course then we didn't have glasses....

And it is *definitely* a Rohene do. If he can't win the bling battle, he'll move on to the hair. :biggrin:

Ross74

Medalist
It's even worse than I thought - super ugly:

https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/sta...35212720463872

Ugh. Not hip, not flattering. Just ugly. And is he trying to grow mutton chop side burns? Ewww.
Did the Champs Camp stylist do that to him? A couple of skaters posted new "do's" today from the stylist. Not a fan.

Not quite... I am about 1.5 hours north of Colorado Springs and we were at 92%... it did not get that dark actually.

Same as me. It did dim enough that I could use my laptop outside on the porch. The Colorado sun is usually too bright to ever do that.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I take it back about Rohene. It's hideous, and I can't imagine Rohene in it.

You know who has cool hair, which I never realized? Jordan. He has that baby face, but until I saw him IRL, I didn't realize he had that sort of fade on the sides (or at least he did when I saw him) and sort of angles and peaks going on.

Jason, if someone at Champs Camp did this to you, :disapp:ditch them for Jordan's stylist

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Meh. If he want to mess with his hair now is the time. I don't particularly like this look but it's not my hair. Anything too weird can grow out/be changed before competition season starts. And I guess it's good to know that even with funky hair Jason's smile is still infectious.

(And I think those are just shadows on his face.)

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
I just hope some sort of normality will return by the time I see him in a few weeks!!! Not that a weirdo hairdo or anything will keep me from going all-out fangirling in Bergamo... :biggrin:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I can't get past that hair. It's so awful. And it did remind me straight up of Rohene, and the last time Rohene tried to destroy Jason's beautiful hair - with that awful black dye. Just - he's not you, Rohene. Please.

God, Max is supposed to be the only one I'm worried about having bad hair. Jason, The Room Where It Happens is dead easy. Yank your hair back into a ponytail and leave it. Look at any picture of Lin Manuel Miranda in costume and that's all he does.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I mean, maybe it will look better done for a show. But...last season, people (including judges) responded strongly to his elegance of appearance as well as the beauty of his movement. I can understand him wanting a change. But I don't see this look having the same broad appeal as last year's, and I could see it working against him.

Ross74

Medalist
Meh. If he want to mess with his hair now is the time. I don't particularly like this look but it's not my hair. Anything too weird can grow out/be changed before competition season starts. And I guess it's good to know that even with funky hair Jason's smile is still infectious.

(And I think those are just shadows on his face.)

That's where I am now. It bothered me for about 5 minutes, but now I'm like, whatever.... I actually dislike the super plastered down hair in this pic more than the extreme undercut or whatever it is they're going for. This isn't a great picture, so hard to know what they have in mind. I assume there will still be a bun/pony tail.

So many possibilities.
:devil:

So where are those posters who said they wanted Hamilton to have more of an edgy vibe? :laugh:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
That's where I am now. It bothered me for about 5 minutes, but now I'm like, whatever.... I actually dislike the super plastered down hair in this pic more than the extreme undercut or whatever it is they're going for. This isn't a great picture, so hard to know what they have in mind. I assume there will still be a bun/pony tail. So many possibilities. :devil:

So where are those posters who said they wanted Hamilton to have more of an edgy vibe? :laugh:

That picture is really hideous!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm going to be contrarian and say, that I think it's cool he's trying stuff out and I sort of like the edgy look.

The way he has it style today (per some Snapchat appearances) looks fine to me.

I'm sure they're going to probably not keep it for competition.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I can't get past that hair. It's so awful. And it did remind me straight up of Rohene, and the last time Rohene tried to destroy Jason's beautiful hair - with that awful black dye. Just - he's not you, Rohene. Please.

... actually that came out as not Rohene. I think it was in a Skating Magazine article that he admitted that he has been dying/darkening his hair for years now and Rohene normally does it, but right before Skate America Rohene was doing something so Jason went to some Salon I think at the Broadmore... and we got that *look*. The really dark dye job was the one Rohene did not do.... strange it seem.s

As for his new look. Much like Mrs. P I like seeing him try something and I like seeing guys trying different looks. Everyone should feel free to experiment with their look. So that aspect I like.

I do not however like the aesthetic.... at all, but Jason's opinion is far more important than mine.

I do want to add that the lower shaved part of the head has been around for awhile... I am not a fan of it as I know what a pain that is to grow out... it is sorta a long term commitment hairstyle. Interestingly enough though every time i complain about it, my better half defends it as apparently he did the same thing when he had long similar hair. He said it helped it lay better and look better somehow... he eventually cut his. So it could be practical for Jason's hair... but still not a fan.

One thing about his hair I did notice he is actually letting it get longer... and it is looking really good and good on him. I wish he would play with wearing it down more as the glimpse in his sun valley video are very flattering.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am all for everyone experimenting and seeing who they wanna be in this big wide world, including with their hair. Since every hairstyle I have ever had consists of 1. Washing it and 2. Letting it dry, bless anyone who does more.

But this is also a year when I *really* want Jason to get the usual great reaction (and scores) from the judges. And unless those judges have sons or grandsons with scissor cut fades :slink: