Jason Brown | Page 441 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I also noted that his original concept for the Hamilton program was as an FS. Let me tell you, that 5+ minute song would have cut down to a 4:30 FS so much easier than a 2:50 SP.

I wanna be in the room where it happens...

jacky

On the Ice
it just proves he is a great figure skater. I think he will be around for a long time too come.:thumbsup:

noskates

Record Breaker
Don't like the hair. LOVE both programs. Agree that an LP of the Hamilton song would be like an ear worm. I'd almost - ALMOST - rather listen to yet another hackneyed version of Carmen. But Jason always starts out slow and builds up for the end of the season. I think both LP and SP will play to different strengths of his and I seriously don't believe for a minute that any amount of wheedling and pleading would have let Rohene and Kori give in to Jason on Hamiton if they didn't think it would work for him.

But whatever - this young man just exudes joy in everything he does! I can hardly wait to see him "live" again in San Jose.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
OMG why does he love the hair that makes it so much harder to hate the hair.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Thx :).

If anyone cares: A mini-snippet of carpool karaoke video with Jason is in an Instagram story from @sorarhwang of USFS. Approx. two hours ago.

Quinn Carpenter :luv17: is driving and singing, Jason is in fine form performing in the front passenger seat, Gracie is singing in the back.

My eyes could not catch a glimpse at the face of the second female in the back, who is tossing her head down and up, "dancing" to the music. Long dark hair, so might be Lorraine, but might not?

In any case, looks as if all are having fun :dance2:.

(I do not think the snippet has audio. At least I cannot hear any.)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OMG why does he love the hair that makes it so much harder to hate the hair.

I only watched it once, did he actually say he loved it:eekn: Of course, Jason loves everything....

But it looks like they actually did that to him at Champs Camp. And I'm sorry, it's not flattering. it's just not :noshake: And this is a sport where presentation counts. Oh well......

The spins look great:agree:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I honestly don't mind the hair and may even like it.

The jumps looked good! Nice to see the 3A-3T and 3Z-1L-3F. And it looks like he's going for both in the second half!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I honestly don't mind the hair and may even like it.

The jumps looked good! Nice to see the 3A-3T and 3Z-1L-3F. And it looks like he's going for both in the second half!

From your lips to skating judges' ears; I honestly hope I am overreacting. Maybe, like Hamilton and Sam Smith, it will grow on me. :slink:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
His jumps do look good.

I still dont like the hair but I'll probably ignore it after awhile.

It just seems weird to me that he's going for an edgy look when he's so not an edgy person - quite the opposite, in fact.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OK, here's my nitpicky "who cares" question of the day from the vlog:

At Jason's closing banquet table we have Rohene, Deanna and Nate and Ashley W. Who the heck are all those other people?

And the Fire Above/Ice Below shirt makes yet another appearance. Jason needs more t-shirts:biggrin:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
OK, here's my nitpicky "who cares" question of the day from the vlog:

At Jason's closing banquet table we have Rohene, Deanna and Nate and Ashley W. Who the heck are all those other people? ...

On the other side of Rohene is Drew Meekins, who is one of the primary coaches (and is a former choreographer) for Vincent Zhou.
Other bits: Drew was a Junior Worlds pair champion, IIRC. Has been a long-time colleague of Tom Z and Sappenfield in Colorado Springs.

TMC

Record Breaker
After watching the video, I'm gonna go against the flow and say that I do like the hairstyle! I already liked the style before on guys in general but thought it didn't suit Jason because of a couple of poor photos. But now I've seen it, I do like it. De gustibus!

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States

Pacafla1

Rinkside
Jason's SP performed in Sun Valley was SO GOOD, now if only he can land couple of solid quads in his program, this Olympic season will be a lot more interesting to watch.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As if there weren't enough reasons to love Jason:

https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/status/902637083965046784

Jason, Gracie, Tarah, Danny and Grant looking happy together

Life isn't always easy. We fall, we struggle, we fail, we get criticized, and we make mistakes ... but we always get up and are there for each other when we try again!

It is good to see Gracie's friends supporting and comforting her during this trying time.

As if I could :love: our boy any more.

Also good to see that Tarah and Danny retweeted on Twitter and Gracie (and numerous other skaters) "liked" the Instagram version:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYZFlcBA58_/?taken-by=jasonbskates

TMC

Record Breaker
We should find out about Finlandia on Monday...Guys I'm so nervous, I didn't want to get my hopes up but up they are! :laugh:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
In the new season's edition of IN's annual predictions of "breakout" stars, one of the seven IN contributors mentioned Jason:

U.S.
It's hard to think of a former U.S. champion, YouTube sensation and 2014 Olympian as a potential breakout skater, but that term applies to Jason Brown. If he can stay healthy, don't be surprised to see the ever-optimistic Brown land his first quadruple jump in competition and improve on his ninth-place Olympic finish.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2017/08/31/245716534 (Aug 31)​

And who is it who wrote these favorable words about Jason's quad and his 2018 Olympic placement?

None other than the reporter who has said he has been lucky to cover Jason, along with the likes of Lysacek, Boitano, Hamilton, and Kwan.

AKA Phil Hersh :) :cool:.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The apocalypse is starting early, with Phil H. on "our" side (yes, I know PH has said positive things about Jason in the past, but we all need some humor.:laugh:) Although only tangentially related to Jason, also glad to see "Jason-like" skaters like Deniss V. and "my boy" Andrew T., get some love:agree:

And @TMC, we can only hope about Finlandia; fingers crossed! (although you *did* get Worlds, but you can never get too much Jason....:biggrin:)