Joshua Farris | Page 73 | Golden Skate

Joshua Farris

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I need someone to confirm for me, so that I know if I'm just going crazy from lack of Josh.

On Joe Johnson's instagram stories today he has a picture captioned "we're hanging at the animal hospital today". The picture of a pug puppy Gary being held by a dark-haired man with a beard who looks an awful lot like Josh. The second story is a video clip where the man takes Gary away. The man's voice is heard briefly - it could be Josh's, but I could just be desperate.

Help?

musicfan80

Medalist
I would say no - I think Josh has a different hairline and looks different across the eyebrows, cheeks, and nose.

Also, would Josh really work at a veterinarian office?

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not exactly a sighting but a mention during the men's JGP freeskate today.

Ted Barton listed Josh as one of Andrew Torgashev's coaches under Christy Krall. Christy was with Andrew in the KnC, but maybe we'll see Josh in the KnC at some future competitions!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Not exactly a sighting but a mention during the men's JGP freeskate today.

Ted Barton listed Josh as one of Andrew Torgashev's coaches under Christy Krall. Christy was with Andrew in the KnC, but maybe we'll see Josh in the KnC at some future competitions!

Thx for posting, apgold :) -- I had watched Torgashev today, but somehow missed :hopelessness: Ted's mention.

Torgashev's ISU bio also includes Josh.

So … things we know: Josh is one of Torgashev's coaches of record; Josh sat with Tomoki and other coaches in the Kiss and Cry at Broadmoor; Josh choreographed Jimmy Ma's FS and Vincent's exhibition. :yay:
Among Team USA men alone, at least four are working with Josh. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

If (??) Josh also will be (or already is) teaching group classes for the new World Arena Skating Academy, I hope that he eventually will show up in a Tom Z post. :popcorn:

musicfan80

Medalist
I wonder if we’ll see a “Josh is retired & coaching/choreographing now” article - I guess maybe not now that icenetwork is gone.
——————————————

Meanwhile, did anyone else notice that Camden Pulkinen’s LP costume at JGP Linz looks A LOT like Josh’s “Give Me Love” costume? :biggrin: Although, I don’t think they are built the same. ;)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
… Meanwhile, did anyone else notice that Camden Pulkinen’s LP costume at JGP Linz looks A LOT like Josh’s “Give Me Love” costume? :biggrin: Although, I don’t think they are built the same. ;)

@bell_canon had noticed :) ... and Josh indeed gave his costume to Camden. :luv17: :cool:

Per the excerpt below from the Insta conversation here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BnLddthjaJo/?taken-by=bell_canon (Sep 1)

bell_canon
Amazing! These costumes look exactly the same!!! What is this??? #GiveMeLove
@campulk @joshdfarris
#CamdenPulkinen #JoshuaFarris​

campulk
It is his costume 😂

bell_canon
Wow! That's great!!! Thank you for your reply 🙂❣️@campulk​

campulk
@bell_canon of course! He gave me his costume to use :)

So now we're up to at least five Team USA men in whom Josh's skating legacy lives on. :yay:

I wonder if we’ll see a “Josh is retired & coaching/choreographing now” article - I guess maybe not now that icenetwork is gone. ...

With or without icenetwork, it remains Josh's prerogative to decline interview requests.

My fingers remain crossed for such an article, and I would not assume that skating journalists lack interest in Josh. If/when Josh were to make himself available, I think the skating media would love to hear from him, just as we fans would.

ETA:
Ooops, I should have been more careful about what I said. I hope for an article about Josh's choreo and coaching. If Josh does not consider himself to be retired, then I do not hope for an article about retirement.​

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I was wondering why the costume looked so familiar! Seems like a good luck costume for sure!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh, that's so sweet! Now I'll probably get weepy every time I watch Camden skate.

As always, he will tell us when he is ready. Watching him impart his legacy on the next generation of US men will be enough for me. Maybe one day he will be able to do shows. I think he'd make a wonderful show skater.

EDIT: Oh, and his and Jason's threads are next to each other again. :love:

musicfan80

Medalist
I was wondering why the costume looked so familiar! Seems like a good luck costume for sure!

It may not be a "good luck" costume as much as I think (yes, this is my opinion) that blue is probably one of (if not THE) best shades of blue I have seen in a figure skating costume. It makes Josh and Camden look REALLY good - especially when you put it on the ice, which can be unforgiving for a lot of colors.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Lovely words about Josh from his friend Timothy Dolensky:

Dolensky began skating at the age of six after a school trip to an ice rink and is admired by many for his skating skills and spins. He talks about the skaters who inspired him throughout his career.
“When I was little, I loved watching Timothy Goebel because he could do those quads so easily – he was my favourite. When I was a bit older my favourite skater was Jeremy (Abbott), and now I would say that Jeremy and Josh Farris are my favourites. They are the ones who have inspired me the most. I love their skating and I love both of their personalities. I love the way they skate, and I try to emulate that with my skating as much as I can. I want to skate like that.
“Josh and I are from the same generation of skaters and we competed as rivals, but we are also friends. It was really fun competing with him for so many years. He inspired me, and I inspired him in his music choice. I was the one who suggested he skate to ‘Libertango’ by Astor Piazzolla for his short programme in the 2013-14 season. We keep in contact and we text sometimes. I posted pictures of us from Broadmoor, before and after. That was fun. It’s great that his second career as a coach is starting off so well.”

https://europeonice.com/2018/09/26/tim-dolensky-looking-back-and-forward/ (Sep 26)​

The whole interview with Dolensky is worth reading. (For one thing, I had missed that he no longer is with the Cains.)
Good luck to him at Nebelhorn this week. :yay:

td84fan

Rinkside
Jash shared an apartment

Josh shared an apartment with another skater while he was trying to come back from his concussions. Who was the other skater? I can't remember.

musicfan80

Medalist
So....does anyone have any gouge on whether Josh has any students at Sectionals this weekend? I’m not sure if he would have students he is primarily coaching or if he would be just helping (assuming) Damon Allen’s workload.

I’m also hoping he is recovered enough to fly by now - and also most importantly - happy and successful.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So....does anyone have any gouge on whether Josh has any students at Sectionals this weekend? I’m not sure if he would have students he is primarily coaching or if he would be just helping (assuming) Damon Allen’s workload.

I’m also hoping he is recovered enough to fly by now - and also most importantly - happy and successful.

A poster on FSU said they thought they saw Josh in the KnC with Alex Wellman. I don’t know if that was from in person or some sort of streaming.

Best wishes for Josh in his new role:hap10:

musicfan80

Medalist
A poster on FSU said they thought they saw Josh in the KnC with Alex Wellman. I don’t know if that was from in person or some sort of streaming.

Best wishes for Josh in his new role:hap10:

Some pictures of Josh at Regionals/Sectionals from October and November. He looks well - it's a good sign he's recovered at least reasonable well - I'm assuming he was able to fly there. I think the glasses look different than the thicker lenses/frames he's had in the past.

Shallow note: I like the short fair hair. :)