Rink Wrapping | Golden Skate

Rink Wrapping

micromack

Spectator
This post is more directed towards folks who serve as volunteers or board members at their local figure skating clubs.

Does your club 'wrap' the boards with platic for competitions and/or shows? Do you find this task difficult and time consuming?

I was thinking of building a trolly of sorts out of PVC to hold the rolls of plastic in place as you go around the boards applying the tape. Just wondering what the rink community interest might be if I were to pursue building such a device. Would a device like this help others in the skating community with this task? Would your rink be interested in investing in such a device.

Again just curious what other interest would be. I know this is a painful task for us at our club every time we do it (probably 5 times a year) and would probably require a personal financial investment to design and build such a device. Thinking if others would be interested, I might be able to help off-set that personal cost by building and selling a couple of them instead of just doing 1 for our club. I don't know for sure, but I'm thinking I could fabricate such a device for around $200.

Thoughts and feedback appreciated! Have a great day!

micromack

Spectator
Thanks Doris! Just looking for feedback is all. It's very difficult to reach the people 'behind the scenes' where this may help the most. Hoping this forum will help me connect with some of those folks for feedback/ideas/comments.