Australian figure skaters | Page 79 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

brookes1968

Rinkside
Wasn't Dalstram skating with Eliza Smyth? Didn't she split with Dodds because of commitment issues ? I saw she actually skates synchro now with Nova which seems a shame ? I thought Jordan Dodds was quiet dedicated?

Also noticed Harris and Min aren't skating at Hollins ! Looking forward to watching the competition particularly junior and senior ladies

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Gorgeous 4S, thanks el henry. Not a fan of that scruffy look though!

GF2445

Record Breaker
Holy Crap. Harley and his new pair partner can do triple twist and throw triples!
Now this is a development!!

GF2445

Record Breaker
They were far superior tonight to any pairs seen in Aus for quiet some time

Sent from my SM-N9007 using Tapatalk

That's really encouraging to hear.
This new pair is certainly a pleasant surprise. A couple of weeks ago, I had no idea that this new pair had been formed.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
They certainly made a splash, for sure. But we must remember that Ekaterina is Russian. I do not know if she has any potential citizenship ties. You can go to 4CC and Worlds without being a citizen of that country, but not the Olympics.

Thorougly enjoyed Mark Webster last night, too, as well as both Dodds boys.

edwinaskater1943

On the Ice
I thought if they elected to skate for Australia they could with that new rule? Would be a shame if they couldn't !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone know how old Holly Harris is? I just watched her for the first time and was seriously impressed. Hopefully after winning novice at nationals twice in a row she'll move up to junior... I'd love to see her on the JGP.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I thought if they elected to skate for Australia they could with that new rule? Would be a shame if they couldn't !

They can at Worlds/4CCs/internationals. But the Olympics is different and special. The Olympics requires citizenship.

Urucubaca

Rinkside
Wasn't Dalstram skating with Eliza Smyth? Didn't she split with Dodds because of commitment issues ? I saw she actually skates synchro now with Nova which seems a shame ? I thought Jordan Dodds was quiet dedicated?

I heard it was because of bullying that the partnership split.

With Harley and Eliza, I guess it would have been difficult to maintain the partnership across two different states.

edwinaskater1943

On the Ice
Does anyone know how old Holly Harris is? I just watched her for the first time and was seriously impressed. Hopefully after winning novice at nationals twice in a row she'll move up to junior... I'd love to see her on the JGP.

She hasn't qualified at junior yet. Her last skate was at Gardena in advanced novice 5th at 92.02. Does anyone know why she didn't do Hollins which was qualifier for JGP ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk