Ashley Wagner decries Russian anti-gay law | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ashley Wagner decries Russian anti-gay law

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
You are so gullible and delusional. This "cultural" issue only became an issue when Putin needed to distract the restless masses from the huge economic problems besetting Russia. This is nothing more than an echo of what Hitler did to distract the German population from the German economic crisis of the 30s.

Gullible and delusional? I am no more gullible and delusional than you are. This is nothing more than an echo of what Obama did to Syria to distract the Americans from the US crisis on all fronts. Pot calling kettle black! At least, over 90% of Russians are with their government on this one.;)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Is it hurting too much to admit that the fact is that the vast majority of the Russian people are agreeing with this law?!

More like, Russian people are compelled to agree with this law. It is a law, and the penalties for advocating against it are severe. Obviously people will say whatever the government wants them to say, or risk persecution. Oh wait, I forgot, Russia is a beacon of free will and anti-oppression, and it's Western countries that are regressing in its wake. :rolleye:

Obviously if the government tells everyone to believe that the sky is green and threatens them with imprisonment or fines if they say otherwise, when asked what colour the sky is they'll say "green" even if they believe it is blue.

Saying homophobia in Russia or condoning discriminatory laws is okay because the majority of Russians say that they agree with the laws is lame. The 1930's called... they'd like their intolerance back.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
bye bye olympic medal. Wagner will get her Karma in Sochi.
such an attention seeker, lets hope she sticks with her mouth and doesn't make an embarrassment to the Russian majority.

You might want to look up the meaning of the word "karma." Wishing someone ill isn't something that is healthy for your own karma. Just sayin'...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
You might want to look up the meaning of the word "karma." Wishing someone ill isn't something that is healthy for your own karma. Just sayin'...

my karma meaning is " be careful what you say, what goes around comes around " ;)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Gullible and delusional? I am no more gullible and delusional than you are. This is nothing more than an echo of what Obama did to Syria to distract the Americans from the US crisis on all fronts. Pot calling kettle black! At least, over 90% of Russians are with their government on this one.;)

and with a government shutdown now looming :laugh:

Sjs5572

Final Flight

Punishing a leader who uses chemical weapons on his people is an act of conscience, while scapegoating a group for political gain is just cynical. You can say they're equivalent, but it just ain't so. You are so illogical, that I wonder if you're for real....maybe you're just a flamer!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Punishing a leader who uses chemical weapons on his people is an act of conscience, while scapegoating a group for political gain is just cynical. You can say they're equivalent, but it just ain't so. You are so illogical, that I wonder if you're for real....maybe you're just a flamer!

illogical ? then shouldn't obama be punished, impeached and put to prison
for using bombs, and drones to kill civilians and children in Afghanistan, Pakistan ? :confused:
all while scapegoating the Syrian war for a looming budget cuts and Government shutdown ?

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker

The kind that riles people up on the internet, or the other kind? ;)

Sure, one of gay people's most enjoyable tool to put down anybody - to call them "a closet case".:laugh::laugh::rofl:

Even US government doesn't have real proof that it was Assad who has used the chemical weapons. You are more delusional than I thought.:laugh:

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Sure, one of gay people's most enjoyable tool to put down anybody - to call them "a closet case".:laugh::laugh::rofl:

Even US government doesn't have real proof that it was Assad who has used the chemical weapons. You are more delusional than I thought.:laugh:

A "flamer" refers to someone who instigates anger on message boards. Of course, you would cite the offensive interpretation.

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight

The term has another meaning...which is what I think was meant (not "you are secretly gay."). I just thought it was amusing anyway.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
but let's congratulate Wagner, well done she has succeeded her goal of getting attention for herself and more endorsements !! :yes:
she will give Gracie a run for the American lady with the most broadcasted and profiled, not sure if that's enough for an Olympics medal though
with Sochi ice not on Wagner's side.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
A "flamer" refers to someone who instigates anger on message boards. Of course, you would cite the offensive interpretation.

I'm sorry for my limited English understanding. I have only heard such word in one capacity. So if you have meant other than that, I did not know.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Are you sure it's not over 140%?

I don't know what you mean? Are you saying that it is not true?:p

But Ashley doesn't. So...Ashley is saying what she thinks. That's OK with me.

That's OK with me, too. She wants to speak up in her own land about a law of another country. Even though it's useless, why should anyone object that? Though I do not agree with her. Somehow, not to speak up like Ashley did, Jeremy Abbott has been crushed hard by gay communities.

yuki

Final Flight

It was a reference to the 2011 Russian legislative elections, more specifically to this picture, where you can see that the numbers add up to quite a bit more than 100%.

I am curious to know where you and others in this thread got the 90% figure from. Is there actually a (preferably non-biased) opinion poll that supports this? If it's based on speculation, then I personally find it as believable as the results in that photo :).

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

Of course it's true! The Russians are saying it's true, so it must be, right? :sarcasm: I mean, the Russian government would never mislead people into thinking the laws that they created have the support of the Russian people.

Also, where is the actual source for this 90% stat? And who was polled -- the staff of the Kremlin? edit: yuki beat me to asking it :p