Madison Hubbell & Zachary Donohue | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Madison Hubbell & Zachary Donohue

crankyintheAM

On the Ice
With C/L being way too close after the SD, and specially being ahead in PCS, I was so worried tonight! :drama: But now I can relax and watch Madi&Zach's FD again and enjoy how powerful, elegant, smooth and sexy they are on the ice. :love:

Placements matter, because with another 3rd they would have been automatically out of the GPF, they're almost surely in now, correct? Not making it to GPF would have hurt their chances at Nats with both Shibs and C/B going for sure, and also at Olympics. IMO.

PS: Their EX has gotten so good!

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
With C/L being way too close after the SD, and specially being ahead in PCS, I was so worried tonight! :drama: But now I can relax and watch Madi&Zach's FD again and enjoy how powerful, elegant, smooth and sexy they are on the ice. :love:

Placements matter, because with another 3rd they would have been automatically out of the GPF, they're almost surely in now, correct? Not making it to GPF would have hurt their chances at Nats with both Shibs and C/B going for sure, and also at Olympics. IMO.

PS: Their EX has gotten so good!

It's not quite a sure thing with Chock/Bates. It will be if the win silver at TdF, but if they win bronze there behind WeaPo, they may be out if C/L win silver at Skate America.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I really hope that 1 pt time deduction doesn't come back to bite them in the butt. With their programs this season, they deserve to be in the GPF.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I REALLY like the lose hair of Madi this time.
it is a better match to their FD overall aesthetic and feel.:eek::

Liz1201

Rinkside
Does anyone know what happens if there is a tie in the points totals? It looks like H&D, B&S have the same points and potentially 3 other teams could also have 2nd and 3rd placement points. Do they break the tie? Maybe with highest program scores? Or let them all go to the final (if so it could be like a mini worlds)?

I know I could look it up but I always have a hard time finding the correct information.

Very excited to see them compete in San Jose!!!

Liz1201

Rinkside
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–18_ISU_Grand_Prix_of_Figure_Skating

Ok maybe not so hard to find lol

There were originally seven tie-breakers in cases of a tie in overall points:

Highest placement at an event. If a skater placed 1st and 3rd, the tiebreaker is the 1st place, and that beats a skater who placed 2nd in both events.
Highest combined total scores in both events. If a skater earned 200 points at one event and 250 at a second, that skater would win in the second tie-break over a skater who earned 200 points at one event and 150 at another.
Participated in two events.
Highest combined scores in the free skating/free dancing portion of both events.
Highest individual score in the free skating/free dancing portion from one event.
Highest combined scores in the short program/short dance of both events.
Highest number of total participants at the events.
If a tie remained, it was considered unbreakable and the tied skaters all advanced to the Grand Prix Final.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It's not quite a sure thing with Chock/Bates. It will be if the win silver at TdF, but if they win bronze there behind WeaPo, they may be out if C/L win silver at Skate America.

Actually, I think it's worse for them if Weapo only get bronze. Whichever of Chock/Bates and Weapo that get silver are in for sure. Along with V/M, P/C and S/S, that leaves two spots. C/L will probably get silver at SA, so there will be four teams with and 2nd and a 3rd and two of them will make the final. H/D are already ahead of B/S, so they just need one of the others to have a lower point total than them.

If W/P get silver, they're in. C/B would need to finish 3rd with 193.29 to move ahead of H/D in total score. They only got 184.50 at CoC, and their PB is 189.01 from WTT, so that would be pretty unlikely.
If C/B get silver, they're in. W/P would only need 187.78 with a 3rd place to move ahead of H/D in total score which is much more doable, since they had 190.01 at SC.

For C/L to move ahead of H/D with a 2nd, they would need a score of 191.23. Their PB is 186.64 from Euros last season.

So if W/P get the silver next week, as long as C/B don't get a really massive score for the bronze, H/D are in. If C/B get silver, and W/P score at least 187.78, then they'll have to wait and see what score C/L get at SA.

I think they'll make it because they had by far the best bronze score.

Liz1201

Rinkside
Are there a lot of posters in this thread going to Nationals? With the dance event being the last event at nationals it would be nice to meet some folks to discuss and share our mutual excitement.

crankyintheAM

On the Ice
Do we still have to wait until Skate America to know if they make it to the GPF? I get so confused, because it seems I always miss a team who's still in play. :scratch2:

I'm loving that A Day With series! Thank you for always posting a reminder, semosk8tfan.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Do we still have to wait until Skate America to know if they make it to the GPF? I get so confused, because it seems I always miss a team who's still in play. :scratch2:

I'm loving that A Day With series! Thank you for always posting a reminder, semosk8tfan.

After the latest GP result, I think Madie and Zach are safe to be on the board of GPF as their combined score is ahead of Bo/Sol.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

Unless something really weird happens, they're in. They're fourth in the standings and I would expect them to qualify sixth, with the Shibs winning SA and C/L getting the silver. For any other team to move ahead of them, they'd have to win SA. That would work for S/K, G/P, H/B or Z/G. So super unlikely. And even if that happened, they could still be in with the Shibs depending on the score C/L got at third.

crankyintheAM

On the Ice
Thanks to Crossover and SnowWhite!

They so deserve a place in the GPF and it's so important to be there this season.

crankyintheAM

On the Ice

musicfan80

Medalist
Great job Madi and Zach! I would have had them a little bit ahead of the Shibs today, but I think they made a great statement!

Good Luck in the FD! :yes:

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
WHAT A STUNNER https://www.instagram.com/p/Bbt4W_qFXRv/?taken-by=splashmadison:love:

she looks beyond fabulous, there is such confidence and beauty radiating from Madison, I'd love to meet them and talk to them, they seem such nice, classy people. And her body is smoking, totally my role model!

They are nice, classy people! I was lucky enough to meet them in KC at US Nationals (a cherished memory). They were warm and gracious to this star struck old lady. They are also incredibly good looking!