Odds on Ando making Olympic team for Sochi very long | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Odds on Ando making Olympic team for Sochi very long

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Well, that sal-loop is probably a <<, same as always, but good for her to even them. She does look fantastic.

Ven

Match Penalty
I don't think JSF wants her, so she probably has to get the auto bid to make the team.

willdu

On the Ice
Miki has improved so much in such a short span of time. Her spins are much faster, more flexible. Her jumps are there. There are so many months left until the olympics or even worlds, that I have no doubt that her stamina would improve. In fact, I think her interpretation has improved and her programs and much better than the programs she put out under Morozov.

While I don't have a preference between Kanako or Miki, it would be a shame to write Miki off. It would be so nice if she continued, but I'm not so sure if she would given that she does have a baby. If she places in the top three or even four, it would be amazing if JSF let her skate a final swan song at Worlds even if she didn't make the olympic team.

This day is a day I never thought would come... I actually enjoyed Miki's skating !
Too bad it was because of her last SP ever. Still, great job, coming back almost better although with different qualities than before, it's impresive. Hope she skates at least on the same level during her LP.

Let's see who deserve the most the spot until after they all did their best.

Krislite

Medalist
Wait, Mao is not going to Worlds? Wouldn't it be ironic then if Yuna and Mao skipped Worlds and Miki wins a 3rd world title, one more than either of them? :laugh: It's a long shot, I know, but remember Worlds is in Japan. It could totally happen. But I think it more likely that Murakami or Suzuki might take the world title (assuming Mao indeed skips).

minze

Medalist
Mao has already said she is not skating at Worlds, so the 4th place finisher (if it isnt Murakami or Suzuki who will probably be sent to the Games anyway) should get to go to Worlds. Not sure if Suzuki is going to Worlds or not. So if Miki finishes 4th or 5th (or 3rd) she gives herself a chance to go Worlds, even though probably not the Olympics.

No. Mao said if the federation invites her she will go to worlds.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is Suzuki's final season. I am sure that since Worlds are in Japan, Akiko will be there.

lcd

Match Penalty
Congratulations to Miki on her impressive Short Program. I wonder what her plans will be from here.