Monday | Golden Skate

Monday

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Had breakfast at Sebastians today. 2 big breakfast sandwiches and a big coffee for 11 bucks. Lunch sandwiches and salads for 7-9 bucks. I would go back anytime. Hardly anyone there. Food and coffee were goog. I will still go to the Aura also as they have bottomless coffee, juice, fruit and many different types of breakfast foods, all bottomless. But of course its 25 bucks out the door. A word for Seaport people. The plaza elevator stop takes you to the pedestrian bridge to the BCEC, the lobby stop takes you to the lower street level for Sebs and 7/11. Chris off to the BCEC

RobinA

On the Ice
I realize it is early in the week, but can anyone comment on what the handbag policy seems to be? I realize that you probably haven't made it to the Garden yet, but if people could make some mention of this once things get going it would be greatly appreciated.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Practices at the Garden don't start until Wednesday. Monday and Tuesday comps and practices are at BCEC and practices at Skate Club of Boston. According to info on the LOC website the bag policy is supposed to be the same at the BCEC as the Garden. Maybe Chris will notice how much that is being enforced at BCEC.

I realize it is early in the week, but can anyone comment on what the handbag policy seems to be? I realize that you probably haven't made it to the Garden yet, but if people could make some mention of this once things get going it would be greatly appreciated.

RobinA

On the Ice
Practices at the Garden don't start until Wednesday. Monday and Tuesday comps and practices are at BCEC and practices at Skate Club of Boston. According to info on the LOC website the bag policy is supposed to be the same at the BCEC as the Garden. Maybe Chris will notice how much that is being enforced at BCEC.

My problem is the only thing I can find re this is a reference to "normal sized handbags." I don't know what that means. My normal handbags are on the large side, and I need to know what they are actually going to allow so I can plan my bag strategy. If my normal handbag can come in with me, great. I just don't want to get there and find out their normal and my normal are at odds and then have to traipse all the way back to the hotel to enact Plan B.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Believe me we understand your pain! Quite a few people inquired of the LOC and TD Garden about what size a normal size handbag is...no one got an answer. I have no idea why they won't give dimensions (many other sites do), but they just keep saying normal size. I am planning to use a clear vinyl "purse" that is just large enough to hold a program book...usually those are 8 1/2 x 11. Good luck!

My problem is the only thing I can find re this is a reference to "normal sized handbags." I don't know what that means. My normal handbags are on the large side, and I need to know what they are actually going to allow so I can plan my bag strategy. If my normal handbag can come in with me, great. I just don't want to get there and find out their normal and my normal are at odds and then have to traipse all the way back to the hotel to enact Plan B.

Sochi_2014

On the Ice
I was really impressed with Joy Weinberg and Michael Lueck in the Novice Pairs Freeskate. They were a pleasure to watch, despite the funky fall on the ending pose! I loved how they could just laugh it off. Looking forward to seeing how these two can develop in years to come. The throws were gorgeous.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Believe me we understand your pain! Quite a few people inquired of the LOC and TD Garden about what size a normal size handbag is...no one got an answer. I have no idea why they won't give dimensions (many other sites do), but they just keep saying normal size. I am planning to use a clear vinyl "purse" that is just large enough to hold a program book...usually those are 8 1/2 x 11. Good luck!

The BCEC bag policy is lenient. I saw some pretty big bags. Dont know about at the TD. Ate dinner at Jerry's and it was fine. Congrats to Vivian Le and Paolo ...you guys Rocked! Turning colder here now. Next two days have very strange schedules. Big crowd today again, though.
Chris in the land of the horn blowers.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
BTW, if you have yet to show up to the BCEC, and are as skinny as me, a tush gasket is worth its weight in gold. Can't wait to get over to the TD. These are small folding chairs with little padding.