Jason Brown | Page 1008 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

kan01

Final Flight
Country
Romania
This season was looking a bit rough but somehow he still manages to deliver on the biggest stage. 4th in the short? Not bad. And he was so close to 94 points, he used to score 94 all the time in his prime at TCC. It's impressive if you think about the details and he's so unique in the skating world.
Also, one can see how very ambitious he still is. He was not thrilled with that score (IMO) :D He still has the fire to push himself to do better!

momrk

Medalist
Country
United-States
Amazing to place so well in this group- I hope he continues to find joy in skating as we all benefit from being able to watch him. Competitions are more than just the podium finishers (not taking anything away from them, thoroughly enjoyed and happy for the 3) but seeing other wonderful skaters like Jason is good for the sport

babyskate

On the Ice
I was so fortunate to be in the arena. Such a moving, emotional performance. People had tears in their eyes.
We also cannot forget that he did not have much time commit to training due to his show committments so the fact that he pulled off those two mature beautiful programs is even more amazing.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
😊 From ISU Quick Quotes:

Jason Brown (USA) 2024 National silver medalist (on whether this is “mission accomplished” on a renaissance of his career) Mission accomplished, 100%. To have that reception from the audience, like that’s already, it filled me up with so much gratitude and excitement to just get out there to perform. (on his coaches, Tracy Wilson and Brian Orser) It has been six full years living in Toronto and working with them. The amount that I’ve learned will last me a lifetime, and I’m still learning, and they’re two of the best coaches in the World. (on continuing to skate after the 2018 Olympics and another outing at Worlds) It’s so cool to just keep on learning and growing in this space and that’s what I’ve been doing. I’ve just feel like I keep discovering new parts of myself every step along the way and that’s why I’m here, that’s what, it’s like all bonus. (on next steps) A huge change that I’m making just right off the get-go, is I’m going to start working a new program when I leave Montreal. So that’s a huge thing. Last year I toured all spring and didn’t take a break, and right now I’m going back to create new pieces for next season - getting a jump start. I’ll see you guys next year.

Rest of quick quotes are available here.

noskates

Record Breaker
I particularly am fond of "I’ll see you guys next year." We'll be right here waiting Jason! It is truly amazing that he did 2 competitions this year and did sooooooo well. Two things stood out to me - the wonderful reception he received from the Montreal crowd and I loved seeing Brian Orser in the K&C after Jason's skate. As I mentioned in an email, I wonder how many times in the past 6 years Tracy has said to Brian "I TOLD YOU SO!" My only wish is that Jason had skated with that team much sooner than he did.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
His FS was actually really beautiful (even the popped 1A) but his “not impressed” response to his scores was so funny! I bet anything he was annoyed with himself bc he scored 5 points higher with the same FS last year. 😂 Anyway, considering how he looked at the senior B last fall - as well as all the shows he did this year - his achievement here was stellar. So glad he will continue to compete next year, and with new programs, too!

kan01

Final Flight
Country
Romania
I was curious to hear what the Skating Lesson guys had to say and they were like (paraphrasing): In the future just give Jason some botox so he'll keep looking young enough, and some pilates, and he can go on forever for the US.
I couldn't help but find that so funny. :D
They said he came in there like: You guys are biting more than you can chew while I'm here chilling, giving a show like the pro I am.
They said that Brian, who they say didn't want to give him the time of day at first, is now dying to be associated with Jason and goes around saying how wonderful he is. lol

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Brian used to make fun of the Pooh Tissue box until he had to hold it. Brian has learned many lessons. But he started to appreciate Jason when he won silver at the Grand Prix of France in 2018 and beat Samarin, opening the door for Jun to do the GPF. That was the day Brian became a Jason fan. It didn't take him long. But he does have Tracy to thank for this!