2014 Olympics Mens Short Program | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Mens Short Program

chiocciola

On the Ice
What the...? He could have given a chance to Kovtun or Voronov!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A stubborn arrogant....

He had already taken a medal, he had no chance in individuals... What for?

BlackPack

Medalist
Too much heartbreak.... yesterday it was Pang and Tong's bronze loss, and now this. :no: Thank you, Plush. We would all love to see what you do best... but alas...

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Crying for Zhenya! This is so sad! I hate that he is in too much pain to compete, but he must focus on healing and rest now. :cry:

mhu714

On the Ice
Too bad, he deserved to go out better than this. He likely knew after the team event he couldn't go but gave it the old college try for the fans. I never loved him but always respected his talent. Best of luck Plushy.

Angela V

Rinkside
Plushenko knew he only had a chance for Team gold and no way could he get an individual medal and for months now people predicted he would take the 'easy' team gold and withdraw. And surprise surprise he did...

I know he didn't make it up and he is genuinely massively permanently injured. But it's just extremely unfair to Kovtun/Voronov. :(

If that was the plan all along than wouldn't he have withdrawn in time to get one of the other Russians to the games?!?!

I've never liked Plushenko's style of skating however it is sad when a skater has to withdraw due to injury.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
WOW! Didnt expect a WD for Plushenko.

I dunno you could tell from the first second of the warm up that he wasn't going to skate...

I kinda feel it was planned, but then watching his face after the 3a in warm up he may have tweaked something... (but a lot of the actions and movements seemed a little over the top... especially when he was talking with Mishin)

Slowdive

On the Ice
WOW! Didnt expect a WD for Plushenko. Just wondering if he would have withdrawn before the men's event, would Kovtun been able to replace him?

Exactly. Man that would really suck for Kovtun if Plushenko waited and waited to pull out.
In fact I'd be royally PO'ed at Plushenko for doing that.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Plushenko knew he only had a chance for Team gold and no way could he get an individual medal and for months now people predicted he would take the 'easy' team gold and withdraw. And surprise surprise he did...

I know he didn't make it up and he is genuinely massively permanently injured. But it's just extremely unfair to Kovtun/Voronov. :(

Wow, this was very sad. But yes, this was very predictable. Better to go out with a team gold that to skate a bad SP.

But if I were Kovtun or Voronov. I'd. Be. Fuming. :mad:

ARipp42014

Medalist
Estonian guy skating to Hanyu's FS from last year. I forever thank Hanyu (and Davis and White) for finally discovering NDDP!

amusedstranger

Rinkside
This is sad for Plushchenko, but I also feel really bad for Kovtun/Voronov/Menshov. I wonder what they're thinking if they're watching this.

meem

On the Ice
Agreed. After all his surgeries, IMO it was ridiculous for him to go to the O's. With V/T, Julia and both ice dancing teams (which are both pretty good), Russia probably could've won that team event with Kovtun. But the Russians got a gold medal in the first Team Event...guess it was that important to them.