2014 Olympics Ladies Short Program | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Ladies Short Program

ARipp42014

Medalist
You mean Yulia right? For the record I love Yuna and think she'll get gold.

And as I typed this post the one below me appears:bang:

No worries. Just that people wish she doesn't medal at all. Personally, any combo of Yuna-Julia-Mao-Carolina will be great with a side of a great skate from Akiko.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Good luck to the Ladies in the Short Program. I have a feeling that the SP is going to be nail biting fabulous,
how can it not with so much talent!

nguanthat

Spectator
This is my first post. And I am rooting for Asada Mao because she has tried so hard and challenged herself to do the almost impossible.
I have seen many of her 3F-3L jump practices and the jumps all seem stable.
I don't know why her team and she do not consider putting this 3F-3L jump in her short program too to boost her base score even more so that it leaves room for her to make some mistakes his her super difficult long program.
What do you think?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No worries. Just that people wish she doesn't medal at all. Personally, any combo of Yuna-Julia-Mao-Carolina will be great with a side of a great skate from Akiko.

Maybe I'm just odd but I want and kind of expect Kanako to shine and finish ahead of Ashley and Akiko. I would not be surprised to see her in 5th or 6th. The problem is they are all so deserving and only 3 can podium.

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
Welcome aboard. Usually this place is a great source for videos but the IOC (fun police) makes it hard for the videos to get out. I haven't found any on YouTube or here from Sochi... yet.

If you look up threads from prior events like Euros Men's SP for example or US Nationals Pairs FS as another at some point mao88 or someone will post the event videos shortly after the event. Good group here for sure.
Thanks!!

Elaine

On the Ice
For this season, I prefer most ladies' SPs to their LPs with the exception of Julia and Ashley(since she went back to S&D). So I'm so looking forward to this SP competition :popcorn: more than LP competition which will be actually more important.

Anastasi14

On the Ice
The problem is they are all so deserving and only 3 can podium.
Yes, this is the biggest tragedy. Only three medals and a lot of very talented ladies. I hope Akiko will skate great, as she did at JN. I wish a lot of luck for Ashley Wagner, i like her programs and she is a joy to watch! And i will also support Adelina, because she is a very promising young lady but i think almost all in her own country forgot about her.

skatefan17

On the Ice
Damn, so many people really don't like Yu-Na!

For me it's simply because she skates like a robot. I feel literally nothing when she skates... in fact, she looks miserable in practices. I admire her so much, and technically, she is perfect. But I feel no joy from her. I don't know her story though- maybe she loves skating.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Yesssss!!! I am so excited!!!

So many amazing skaters really deserving podium but only lucky 3 will achieve that.

One of them will be Kim Yuna for sure. She is in a really good shape. After Vancouver I really hoped that someone could challenge her which Mao Asada couldn't manage at her best. Asada's presentation has improved since then, but she is not consistant technically, I mean the jumps of course.

Then there is a young lady who has nerves of steel and elasticity of a rope, ironically. I am glad that Russia finally is growing up skaters challenging olympic podium. Lipnitskaya is and will be the savior of figure skating with her teammates in the coming years.

Competition for the medals will be fierce. I can imagine Carolina going clean and getting silver medal and even winning gold. The USA have Miss Gold, getting better in each time we see her competing. Obviously she is one of the candidates for bronze. And Ashley the pretty can make her story a happy ending here if she earns the bronze.

Akiko, Kanako, Adelina, Li and Osmond are the other fan favorites. I can not see them on the podium, though I would be really happy to see any of them.

Good luck to all ladies!!! Hope we will watch a really good competition which everybody is skating clean and strong!! Wednesday and Thursday, make it your "best moment of life" and show us brilliant skates!!

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Damn, so many people really don't like Yu-Na!

I really like and admire Yuna, especially her consistancy on jumps. However, I agree that she skates like somebody forced her to do. I can not see emotions or passion. And on the other side, her fans behave like she is the goddess, like she is superior to any skater now and from the past and that will come in the future. People love exaggerating and that's so irritating. Like now, who thinks that judges exaggerate Yulia's scores are irritated.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Welcome aboard. Usually this place is a great source for videos but the IOC (fun police) makes it hard for the videos to get out. I haven't found any on YouTube or here from Sochi... yet.

If you look up threads from prior events like Euros Men's SP for example or US Nationals Pairs FS as another at some point mao88 or someone will post the event videos shortly after the event. Good group here for sure.

I've seen videos but they get yanked relatively quickly, and there's people labeling old skates as Olympic skates.

cjsk8fan

On the Ice
I believe if both russian girls are relatively clean, I predict they will both be on the podium. That leaves only one medal up for grabs.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Annnnnd I forgot I have a 10 AM meeting which means I'll miss mostly everything in the first two groups except for MAYBE Polina and maybemaybe Haejin Kim

Anastasi14

On the Ice
I wasn't a fan of Yuna. However, i've always admired her jumps, her clever, modern and polished programs. But from the moment, when judges started to try to convince me that 15-17 year-old can interpret the music and the character as well as mature skaters, that the tiny jumps are as great as the huge ones, i think i became a Yuna's fan. I hope she will show how everything should be in reality.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
For me it's simply because she skates like a robot. I feel literally nothing when she skates... in fact, she looks miserable in practices. I admire her so much, and technically, she is perfect. But I feel no joy from her. I don't know her story though- maybe she loves skating.

I felt the exact opposite when I first saw Yuna skate. For me, she's the most graceful skater I've seen in this generation, like a ribbon following the path of the wind. Have you seen her 2010 Vancouver LP? or Meditation de Thais gala? Or Send in the Clowns program?

uhmm in practices she does not look miserable at all IMO. I'm sorry but those remarks are a big "WHAT" to me.

miki88

Medalist
I understand you just want to make a excuse for Asada's underrotation, but I suspect you need to go to an eye doctor.

Lol. And this comes from someone who finds every chance to start another "Is the 3A rotated or not?" thread. :rolleye: