How Sotnikova beat Kim - Move by Move | Page 11 | Golden Skate

How Sotnikova beat Kim - Move by Move

Nadya

On the Ice
Yuna fans, do what they suppose to do: compiling data to support Yuna
Other skating fans: compiling data to fight for the justice of figure skating.
Adelina Sochi win supporter (not necessarily her fans) , fake data to mask her underserved win.
Yuna fans are actually so happy and gracious that Yuna left 2 more clean programs in Sochi. Yuna's programs are her legacy and gift, Also the most powerful evidence in her defense. Yuna fans will live the rest of life live in peace and satisfaction.
Adelina Sochi win supporters will spend the rest of their lives to live in uncertainty and wasting their lifes to cover up Sochi fraud.
Happy, gracious people don't spam their rival's social media accounts with unadulterated filth.

bara1968

On the Ice
Yuna fans, do what they suppose to do: compiling data to support Yuna
Other skating fans: compiling data to fight for the justice of figure skating.
Adelina Sochi win supporter (not necessarily her fans) , fake data to mask her underserved win.
Yuna fans are actually so happy and gracious that Yuna left 2 more clean programs in Sochi. Yuna's programs are her legacy and gift, Also the most powerful evidence in her defense. Yuna fans will live the rest of life live in peace and satisfaction.
Adelina Sochi win supporters will spend the rest of their lives to live in uncertainty and wasting their lifes to cover up Sochi fraud.

Yes thank you for adding this! I am still very angry over the judging fraud, but I am extremely happy and proud of Yuna for two back to back gorgeous, clean performances in such a horrendous atmosphere!! Oh Yuna, i don't even understand how she could manage to do so. After all, she is the only lady after Witt to throw 4 clean performances in Two consecutive Olympics.

And thank you guys for the video files. I do not understand how major media makes those mistakes. Was there anyone who tried to send some inquiry to NYT?

yyyskate

Record Breaker
There are all kinds of people and "unadulterated filth" can appear anywhere, There is even "unadulterated filth" against Yuna's perfect beautiful programs, let alone, this situation(Sochi Fraud).
Yuna showed transcendental personality in Sochi, does not mean she condones what happened in Sochi, nor does it mean that Yuna fans or figure skating fans should not fight for the justice in Figure skating.

NYT represent just one part of major media.

cuon_alpinus

On the Ice
Yes thank you for adding this! I am still very angry over the judging fraud, but I am extremely happy and proud of Yuna for two back to back gorgeous, clean performances in such a horrendous atmosphere!! Oh Yuna, i don't even understand how she could manage to do so. After all, she is the only lady after Witt to throw 4 clean performances in Two consecutive Olympics.

And thank you guys for the video files. I do not understand how major media makes those mistakes. Was there anyone who tried to send some inquiry to NYT?

Actually, we requested correction or at least apology for mis-composition of those pictures and articles. Because it may falsify other readers. However, they responded that there were no mistakes at all. So we are thinking about advertising in another newspapers like wsj or wp about this sochi scandles, unfair judging criteria, and this fabricated articles. What do you guys think?

bara1968

On the Ice
Actually, we requested correction or at least apology for mis-composition of those pictures and articles. Because it may falsify other readers. However, they responded that there were no mistakes at all. So we are thinking about advertising in another newspapers like wsj or wp about this Sochi scandles, unfair judging criteria, and this fabricated articles. What do you guys think?

Oh that was unfortunate. While I absolutely agree and would like to contribute (at least little bit) to the advertisement for Sochi fraud, (especially right after S.Korea files the complaints), I do not think that it is a wise thing to involve/mention NYT separately. It would be much better and more effective to follow some methodology used by that Italian professor's statistical analysis in the other thread.(of course in my humble opinion.)

That particular NYT article did not make much sense from the beginning, when they compared jumps by jumps. You know, combinations are not rewarded /treated differently from the sum of each single jumps etc., at all in current system, so no point in comparing different combinations. There have been many articles which do not make much sense either so we don't need to focus on this article in particular, IMHO.

cuon_alpinus

On the Ice
Oh that was unfortunate. While I absolutely agree and would like to contribute (at least little bit) to the advertisement for Sochi fraud, (especially right after S.Korea files the complaints), I do not think that it is a wise thing to involve/mention NYT separately. It would be much better and more effective to follow some methodology used by that Italian professor's statistical analysis in the other thread.(of course in my humble opinion.)

That particular NYT article did not make much sense from the beginning, when they compared jumps by jumps. You know, combinations are not rewarded /treated differently from the sum of each single jumps etc., at all in current system, so no point in comparing different combinations. There have been many articles which do not make much sense either so we don't need to focus on this article in particular, IMHO.

Thank you for your thoughtful comments. While I also do think those nyt articles are useless to consider, I am vexed by those people who use this nyt articles to defend sotnikova's win including Russian media. These articles are all over the comments in the news articles and youtube comments lol. and I totally agree with you on the usage of the statistical analysis by Italian professor. but I doubt that those corrupt Korean skating federations would be willing to do that.

Alba

Record Breaker
After all, she is the only lady after Witt to throw 4 clean performances in Two consecutive Olympics.

Actually Witt lost the free in Calgary, and rightly so, to Manley. She was not so great in the SP too.
She retained her Olympic title thanks to her overall scores, both the compulsory figures and the SP.

cooper

Medalist
Kwan, Lipinski, Weir, Hamilton and Bezic are delusional. Got it.

did bezic said that she deserved to win the gold?? i thought she was just silent.. :eek:hwell:

kwan said that "it's not the scoring system that's the problem, it's the judges.." while weir, lipinski, and hamilton didn't further explain why adelina deserves to win.. they just said that her program is more difficult..

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
did bezic said that she deserved to win the gold?? i thought she was just silent.. :eek:hwell:

kwan said that "it's not the scoring system that's the problem, it's the judges.." while weir, lipinski, and hamilton didn't further explain why adelina deserves to win.. they just said that her program is more difficult..

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/la...her-scoring-debate?ctx=nbc-experts-fresh-take

Bezic notes that Yuna left points on the table with one less triple, the spins, and the footwork, and that she needed the points that night.

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/story/how-adelina-sotnikova-won-gold1-022014

Kwan says "hands-down, fair-and-square, Adelina won"

Add Stojko to the list of delusionoids.

Thinking someone should have won and liking one performance the best are two different things. I think most of them enjoyed Yuna's performance more (I personally liked Caro's the best) but they all agreed Adelina should have won.

cooper

Medalist
http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/la...her-scoring-debate?ctx=nbc-experts-fresh-take

Bezic notes that Yuna left points on the table with one less triple, the spins, and the footwork, and that she needed the points that night.

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/story/how-adelina-sotnikova-won-gold1-022014

Kwan says "hands-down, fair-and-square, Adelina won"

Add Stojko to the list of delusionoids.

Thinking someone should have won and liking one performance the best are two different things. I think most of them enjoyed Yuna's performance more (I personally liked Caro's the best) but they all agreed Adelina should have won.

and kwan later on says.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWjEQJwKlK4

but bezic didn't say that "adelina deserved to win.." she jut pointed out yuna lost some points here and there..

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
and kwan later on says.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWjEQJwKlK4

but bezic didn't say that "adelina deserved to win.." she jut pointed out yuna lost some points here and there..

Kwan probably realized she might not get invited back to do Yuna shows if she didn't say something. She was quite certain of the winner after the competition. She never retracted her statement that Adelina should have won did she?

Bezic said Yuna needed those points she missed to win. How is that not saying Adelina should have won?

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Well...that's quite a stretch to justify your side the story :rolleye: I could also say that Kwan changed her tune and said Adelina was technically better bc she wanted to keep her job with NBC...

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Kwan, Lipinski, Weir, Hamilton and Bezic are delusional. Got it.

Kwan and Bezic did not agree with the win. Weir didn't either on first broadcast, but was pushed to change his opinion.

Anyway, that is all irrelevant. It's about how the scores were blatantly wrong for what the skaters did on the ice. Even if Sotnikova theoretically deserved to win it, there was a clear problem with the technical panel and the judges. The blow-out result of Sotnikova winning leaves a distaste in almost everyone's mind. It's like if Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze had been given a bunch of 6.0's in 2002. People still debate which pair deserved to win, but that kind of score would be wrong even if you do think they deserved to win.

bara1968

On the Ice
Didn't Bezic say "As a choreographer, I would give it(PCS) to Yuna" and praised choreo details of Yuna?

I have never heard of Bezic actually saying "Sot should win" etc.

Procrastinator

On the Ice
Didn't Bezic say "As a choreographer, I would give it(PCS) to Yuna" and praised choreo details of Yuna?

I have never heard of Bezic actually saying "Sot should win" etc.

This is exactly what I recall seeing and hearing.

It really doesn't matter. In fact, I doubt that any of these commentators actually care who the winner is. At least not like people on the internet who can't seem to move on with their lives.

I mean what did you think was gonna happen when you put a bunch of east european judges on a panel combined with the fact that someone who normally stinks up the rink gives the performance of her life in her home country? it's not right but the writing was on the wall and there didn't even need to be a fix. This sport's greatest burdens are its judges and its fans.

Rubirosa

Match Penalty
ANYONE who now thinks Adelina deserved to win in Sochi is completely delusional.
Yuna fans: :bang::bang: :cry: :cry:

Pathetic. I pity you guys. You idol got dethrowned by a younger beautiful girl who challeneged more difficult prog and won fair&square. Truth hurts. Yuna was like an old photograph: nice to see again but you don't see anything new. Her time passed. She wants to move one, to settle, maybe to get married. But her fans are like her demons, making a clown of her in Net, committing crimes againt her rival by sending death threats, some of them want her to compete in 2018. What Yuna is supposed to do to get finally FREE? No, she is cursed. Her name will be haunted forever by her own fans. Poor girl.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Kwan and Bezic did not agree with the win.

Kwan agreed with the win (http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/st...n-gold1-022014) and then inexplicably said she didn't like the judging (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWjEQJwKlK4) but never said Yuna should have won AFAIK. What evidence is there that Weir was "pushed" to change his opinion? He seemed surprised by the scores but I never remember disagreeing with the result. Bezic said Yuna needed more content to win so to me that seems like she didn't think Yuna did enough.