Shoma Uno | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

firal

Record Breaker
OT but we've talked about how Shoma's biggest rival in the upcoming JR world's could be Jin Boyang from China. Here's a video he uploaded of himself doing the 4Lz from twitter. Apparently it is during his SP practice.

I couldn't find a more appropriate place to post so...(I was sure there was a Chinese Skater's thread but somehow can't find it now)

ioanna

Record Breaker
Looks like he has similar technique on quad sal to Yuzuru. This is not optimistic :biggrin:

But great he is trying those things !

I'd say he has similar technique to his 3A and we all know what happened to his 3A in the end. ;)

0smile0

Rinkside
Shoma got new costume for FS, white shirt and black pants. He just won Inter-high school championship with 239.07 today.
He didn't seem to be in good condition, but still did great performance.
SP (73.67): hard fall on 3A, 3Lz, 3F+3T
FS (165.40): 4T, 3A (step out), eagle 3A+2T/ 2A+1Lo+3F, 3Lo, 3Lz, 3S, 3F+3T almost perfect!!

IIRC he alternates junior and senior program recently (JJNC(Jr)/ Kozuka Torophy(Sr)/ JGPF(Jr)/ JNC(Sr)/ Inter-high school(Jr)/ 4CC(Sr)/ JWC(Jr)).
That's quite hard schedule. Good luck at 4CC and JWC, Shoma.

ioanna

Record Breaker
^ Thanks for updating! I saw the fall on the 3A, thank god he's okay because it looked pretty scary. Alternating senior and junior layouts must be getting tiring but I hope he hangs on for 4CC and Jr Worlds! We all know he can!

0smile0

Rinkside
Shoma did land 3A-3A seq in warming-up before EX. Landing of second 3A was not stable, but was really smooth sequence.
I can't believe he got 3A only 3 months ago!!
He can land 3A out of eagle and 3A+3T now. I've also heard he has landed 3A-1Lo-3F in practices. I don't know this is reliable info or not, though.

From today's article in Chunichi-shinbun (local newspaper),
Asked about alternating Sr. and Jr, Shoma answered "difference between Sr. and Jr. is only number of audience" .

ioanna

Record Breaker
Shoma did land 3A-3A seq in warming-up before EX. Landing of second 3A was not stable, but was really smooth sequence.
I can't believe he got 3A only 3 months ago!!
He can land 3A out of eagle and 3A+3T now. I've also heard he has landed 3A-1Lo-3F in practices. I don't know this is reliable info or not, though.
:shocked: I know Anthony Liu is the one responsible for fixing his 3A and his flutz over the summer. Maybe he/his team should fully consider a permanent switch to Liu.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Fantastic senior debut! (well there was Asian Trophy last summer but that was nothing compared to this). Hopefully he keeps it up in the FS. I have no doubt he will.

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
So glad for Shoma! I'm hoping his FS will be just as great. It was at Nats, though he wasn't used to the senior format then. Hope he is ready to land on the podium at this event! :dance:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Wonderfully skated SP for Shoma! Glad to see the judges improving his PC's score.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Now that I have watched Shoma's SP many times (I'm that much of a fan) I've noticed something that I hope will be fixed or absent next season.
There is an elbow jerk in his choreography...not once, but twice. Did the choreographer put it there? Is it just something he does? Maybe it's just me. :p