Football/Soccer Is The Greatest Game On Earth. | Page 33 | Golden Skate

Football/Soccer Is The Greatest Game On Earth.

LRK

Record Breaker
also from ESPN: If Ghana finished with a draw against Germany, USA will qualify for the next round after the win over Portugal. :slink:

Ooooh.... ! have they never heard of hubris? And jinxes? Honestly, I do believe USA is in with a chance against this battered Portugal, but to go out and say things like that... that's just a no-no. :no:

Meanwhile, I think a draw was a fair result in the Germany-Ghana match. Both teams fought to the finish. Quite nerve wracking to watch actually...

Also, Klose... ! :) When they were bringing him on, I said that they were bringing on the big guns. :)

BusyMom

Medalist
For some reasons I would love Klovse to have the title of most goals at WC. :biggrin: I can't stand all the guys named Ronaldo.
Very likely now. He was two-time top scorer of WC(2002,2006). Still remember all his headed goals in 2002. I thought they should let him on at the start of the second half.

LRK

Record Breaker
They just recently said that Ronaldo's last WC goal was in.... 2006? Against Ghana, at that. Is that right? Anyway, go Klose. :)

LRK

Record Breaker
:rofl:

Oh, my... word... ! What a... horrid photo! He looks positively... middle aged?! Definitely worse for wear... !

Anyway, 1-0 to Nigeria

LRK

Record Breaker
They were just showing clips from the match - and the Bosnia-Hercegovinian goal that was deemed offside... even though it wasn't. So, the match should have been a draw - which was how the match felt to me, anyway.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought the Nigerian goal should have been a foul. 1-0 B-H.

TMC

Record Breaker
Boateng's brothers playing against each other tonight. Jerome for Germany and Kevin for Ghana. Is this the first time that happened??:confused:

No, they played against each other in 2010 for the first time. :)

LRK

Record Breaker
I believe there was only one yellow card in the Germany-Ghana match? - and that at the very end? If my recollection is correct, then that is quite remarkable, I think... It must have been a very hard but fair fight then, as I don't remember a lot of occasions where one felt there should have been a card - in fact, I was quite surprised there at the end; I'd almost forgot there was such a thing. :)

Meanwhile, cards but no goals in the Belgium-Russia match...

Alba

Record Breaker
I think Russia played much better and deserved to win. They wasted the chances they had and there was penalty not given in their favor. Pity.

LRK

Record Breaker
i agree. In another match I believe it was one of the TV4 commentators who said that if you missed chances like that (clear chances) that generally displeased the football gods..

Meanwhiile this SVT commentator really should restrain his fondness for declamations and flights of fancy: "And Belgium - the country with three languages - wins three points - " - huh? In fairness he diid go on to say "without impressing", with which I agree.

Alba

Record Breaker
i agree. In another match I believe it was one of the TV4 commentators who said that if you missed chances like that (clear chances) that generally displeased the football gods..

That's a good comment, and I agree.:)

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Hazard is my favourite player at the moment and I wanted him to play the whole match the way he played in the last 10 minutes. I cheer for Belgium, but they need to change their attitude if they want to reach the semi finals or even the final.