Football/Soccer Is The Greatest Game On Earth. | Page 35 | Golden Skate

Football/Soccer Is The Greatest Game On Earth.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
US needs to make smarter plays when trying to clear the d-zone and Ronaldo needs a new haircut. It looks like he had a run in with Zoro :slink:

Good recovery by US after an embarrassing start.

TMC

Record Breaker
Apparently after only the Brazilians, the ones to have bought most tickets to the games are... Americans.

One of SVT's studio analysts (who lives in Brazil) said that he met lots of Americans on their way to the Belgian match, equipped with flags and everything... Apparently, the alleged indifference of Americans to football - soccer - is vastly exaggerated... :)

They weren't interested before because they didn't have a team with any chance of winning. But interest is growing SO much all the time. I hope the US wins this match, because I really would love to see them becoming a legit contender in the future. I read somewhere today that ESPN paid some 16 million for rights in 1994, and now Fox is paying 250 mil for the 2018 tournament.

I live in Finland and we just had our annual 4-day festival at our house (hubby and his DJ friends play music round the clock from Thu to Sun and the non-djs play Texas hold'em :biggrin: ). Obviously we also watched all the matches. There were about 30 of us here, and the biggest conversation topic re this world cup, hands down, was how happy everybody is that the US is getting so good! It's going to be so much more exciting to have one more superpower in this sport :yay:

WHAT A MASSIVE DOUBLE-SAVE THERE! Super impressed!

Btw, did anyone else think about Mirai Nagasu when the news came that Landon Donovan would be left out of the team? :laugh:

LRK

Record Breaker
Ooo, that was close! Apparently, judging by the knot of anxiety in my stomach, I'm cheering for the US... It's funny because, going into the match I didn't know whom to cheer for, so it's a rather odd - and surprising - experience starting to feel that I'm becoming a nervous wreck on the US' behalf! I wonder how the US fans feel? ;)

LRK

Record Breaker
Oh, my! One can't burn chances like that - one can't! And then there was that attack that just... fizzled out, that was also a golden chance. Oh, dear...

TMC

Record Breaker
That's it. I declare that with Klinsmann at the helm, USA will make it to top four in 2018. Expect a thread bump then :D

TMC

Record Breaker
OMG 20 minutes of agony left! Pls US score again asap and then defend, defend, defend!

TMC

Record Breaker
Huraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa