Football/Soccer Is The Greatest Game On Earth. | Page 41 | Golden Skate

Football/Soccer Is The Greatest Game On Earth.

Alba

Record Breaker
They showed an interview with Suarez afterwards... I just kept staring at his teeth. Honeslty, I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

Yeah. :laugh:

Suarez's comment on the Giorgio Chiellini bite. “These things happen in the box.” :slink: :laugh:

Alba

Record Breaker
In a US kindergarten, the teacher would probably say he has issues in the "works and plays well with others" department. :laugh:

I think he is followed by a Liverpool psychologist just for these issues. At least that's what the italian commentators said (funny thing they said this before his biting).

I guess it didn't work. Fire the psychologist. :laugh:

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
IDK...hope everyone's tetanus shots are up to date. :slink:

Afterthought: what kind of deductions do you get under CoP for biting? :biggrin:

LRK

Record Breaker
I think he is followed by a Liverpool psychologist just for these issues. At least that's what the italian commentators said (funny thing they said this before his biting).

I guess it didn't work. Fire the psychologist. :laugh:

Maybe it would help more if the psychologist followed him around on the pitch... "Now, Luis, what have we said about these situations? No biting, remember?"

TMC

Record Breaker
I cheer for both, actuallly - Ochoa and Mexico. :) I noticed a problem with having one's favourite player be the goalkeeper, though. I mean, I wan't to see him in action - but on the other hand, I don't want the other team to be shooting at his goal... Conflicted. :)

Note: I think I've discovered that Sassi is a Mexico fan. Her disgust at the bad refereeing in the first match - and her happy growling after they won yesterday; like a cat who has been out on a very satisfactory killing spree (she's an indoors cat, though, and we live on the sixth floor, so she never actually gets to kill anything, should anyone wonder). Why, I even asked her: "Are you a Mexico fan?" - at which she growled affirmatively in a satisfied manner. Now, if that doesn't prove it, I don't know what would?! ;)

:laugh: My cats watched when they were kittens, but less now :laugh:

Yeah, obviously I too cheer for them both, but when I thought of Mexico I happened to write Ochoa because I've been so impressed by him. The whole team has been absolutely brilliant. And I know what you mean: it's so scary when the other team attacs but then half of me is going "oh yes now I get to enjoy another awesome save!"

Suarez.....Third time!!! Really he cannot be right in the head. He got some punishments for the first two, like a 10-match ban or something, but now they really have to get this to stop! Fifa is investigating and the maximum is a 2-year ban, but I predict he'll get a max 2-match ban in this tournament. If that. FIFA can't send off one of their star players, apparently whatever they do.

Alba

Record Breaker
I always had the outmost respect for Tabarez. He is very much respected and loved in Italy, but his comments about Suarez bite are a disgrace.
I'm surprised that he even thinks like that, or maybe he is afraid that Suarez WC is finished, thereofre Uruguay out as well.
Still, I wasn't expecting that comment from him. :disapp:

BusyMom

Medalist
He was banned for 10 matches last year with Liverpool because of his biting incident. :disapp:

Oh no...Columbia kept Rodriguez on the bench this match. :cry: I've been waiting for his game. :mad:

LRK

Record Breaker
I always had the outmost respect for Tabarez. He is very much respected and loved in Italy, but his comments about Suarez bite are a disgrace.
I'm surprised that he even thinks like that, or maybe he is afraid that Suarez WC is finished, thereofre Uruguay out as well.
Still, I wasn't expecting that comment from him. :disapp:

Why, what did he say? When asked what he would do in a like situation, Hamrén said he never had heard of such a thing (see above), so he didn't know. But one thing that had happened to him was when he was coaching Ålborg, and one of his players - his star goal maker no less - hit another player during training. "En rak höger" he said - I'm not sure what that translates to in English, as I'm not familiar with boxing terms. Well, anyway. he decked him. So, Hamrén went to the club what's-it's-called and told them that they had to throw the player out - and they said they couldn't, he being their star striker and everything. At which Hamrén had replied that it was their choice, but if the player stayed, he would not. And he ended what he was saying with: "I too like winning - but not at any price."

BusyMom

Medalist
IDK...hope everyone's tetanus shots are up to date. :slink:

Afterthought: what kind of deductions do you get under CoP for biting? :biggrin:
I hope you don't mean biting incident during the warm-up! :laugh: From time to time, mostly in ladies, they complains about being obstructed during the warm-up.

Alba

Record Breaker
The title on italian Gazzetta: Dracula hits again! :laugh:
http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Mondi...ndiale-finito-801032367620.shtml?rlabs=1&ak=2

Why, what did he say? When asked what he would do in a like situation, Hamrén said he never had heard of such a thing (see above), so he didn't know. But one thing that had happened to him was when he was coaching Ålborg, and one of his players - his star goal maker no less - hit another player during training. "En rak höger" he said - I'm not sure what that translates to in English, as I'm not familiar with boxing terms. Well, anyway. he decked him. So, Hamrén went to the club what's-it's-called and told them that they had to throw the player out - and they said they couldn't, he being their star striker and everything. At which Hamrén had replied that it was their choice, but if the player stayed, he would not. And he ended what he was saying with: "I too like winning - but not at any price."

He said that I have to see the incident because I saw nothing, and neither did the ref.
I don't know what he's done but coaches and fans loves him for what he does on the pitch.
Suarez did made mistakes in the past but he has become an easy, preferred target, now for the press. There is a clear hostility against him and we're going to defend him because this is the foobtall World Cup, not the WC on cheap moralism. :rolleye:

Look, It's not easy in these kind of matches. These are do or die matches and for players who're very competitive, like Suarez is, I can understand to a certain point that you do what you have to do to take advantage on your opponents. Even dirty little tricks, all teams do that.
For me the responsability lies with the red. He was really poor and not the right choice for this match.

However, Suarez clearly have issues and he should receive a hard punishment. The maximum possible according to the rules.
If he will not change still, after this, than he should be banned for life. He is a great talented player but the man is sick.