Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin | Page 102 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin

LisaM

Medalist
Unfortunately Eurosports only starts showing ID at 9pm, which is group 5 & 6 :( Hopefully there is some other way we can see it.

uhh

Medalist
I hope they aren't held down

It's a risk, but they are known to the judges and they are coming in as GPF finalists & national champions. Plus, their quality should stand out in contrast to the other skaters around them, instead of being mixed in with all the other top contenders.

Tanka

On the Ice

- What conclusions did you draw for yourself at the end of the first half of the season?
Ruslan Zhiganshin: The most important thing that we were accepted. By both the audience and the judges.

- Your bright short dance "Carmen" is liked by everybody. On the contrary «Appassionata» by Secret Garden doesn't produce the same strong impression. Have you changes anything for the European Championships?
Elena Ilinykh: It was tough to have four consecutive competitions in November and December. And after winning the championship of Russia in late December we had the moral devastation added to the physical fatigue. I'm a hyper-emotional person, so it's natural for me.
(Looks like she answered some other question.)

- What was the most difficult for you in the process of gelling to a new partner ?
R.ZH .: I cannot highlight any exact moment. The whole process of gelling was not easy at first.

- Anyway: other weight, other height, other character...
EI .: Ok, tell them. That I use to beat you, don't let you sleep, pester you...
R.ZH .: Everything was ok, really. We both tried very hard.
EI .: There was nothing to be really "so hard". But yes, it was unusual. After all, when you've skated with another person for almost all your adult life, anyway, these old feelings keep pursuing you. At first we were... not displeased but rather uncomfortable or something. There was just something wrong here and there. But it was over in about a month.
R.ZH .: Even earlier for me, after the first practices.
EI .: I still felt some discomfort in the process of making the programs. It's not easy even for those who have been working together for a long time, they still can be uneasy. And we did not know what would come as a result, and most importantly - how well? In short, there were tons of nuances. But when we started to skate the program, all the inconveniences disappeared insensibly. Now we have gotten used with Ruslan, and it's easy to communicate. After all, when you speak with your partner and speak the same language, it's a huge plus in work. If one of us is not satisfied with something we find the compromise instantly. That is why we don't have any insuperable difficulties.

If no one translates the rest of it, I'll do it tomorrow. It's too late in my little corner.

Last edited:

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight

-It is obvious that you, Elena, are an extrovert. But what kind of person is Ruslan?
E.I.: Not an introvert, that is for sure. Sometimes I am exploding with emotions. So Ruslan has to control me. At trainings, but especially at competitions, as nerves are burning, so he, as the real men, all my ,sometimes not the most adequate, actions gets under a strict control. From time to time a hear: "Stand, be here, stand here a little...". But at trainings I don't even know who is more emotional. Here Ruslan is full of emotions, no less than I am. And always does something not according to the programme. From an artistic side Ruslan can beat any other partner from the ice dance elite. I have seen enough of it, so I have the right to judge it. Take notice of his expressions in Carmen, and you will understand everything without words.
R.ZH.: We often find really interesting photograohs on the Internet.

- So how do Ruslan manage to control you? You are an olympic champions, he - not yet.

E.I.: Why does it matter "olympic champion or not"? it was long ago and not true. How does he keep me in control? He is a man-wall(do you say like that?), and it is a God given quality. When I am too emotional at training, his one word is enough to get me back on track. And he doesn't do that in a rude way, simply as the real man should. I get back to normal state and think: oh my, what an idiot I am. But at the same time he gives me total freedom to create, doesn't hold me back and doesn't complain when I do something wrong. He also at trainings, I repeat, gets carried away at times. When I do something not according to the programm on ice, he sees that and starts doing same things.
R.ZH.: Once when preparing Carmen Elena got into character so much that started feeling, wow, how free. So to say, the real Carmen! But as the new music came I look at her and she is already getting into new music. Well, I didn’t panic. Adjusted.

- There is a feeling that in Carmen behave a little like hooligans.
E.I.: And even kiss!

-So does this mean that in the presence of Lena your, Ruslan, artistic qualities have shown?
R. ZH.: Her artistic qualities, I think, are unlimited. When Lena hears the music, doesnät matter which one, she get into it right in front of you eyes. And there are no problems with movements, choreography and imaginations in principle.

Sorry, I don't have time to do more now, running late for work. Will try to catch up in the evening

Last edited:

LisaM

Medalist
When I am too emotional at training, his one word is enough to get me back on track. And he doesn't do that in a rude way, simply as the real man should. I get back to normal state and think: oh my, what an idiot I am. But at the same time he gives me total freedom to create, doesn't hold me back and doesn't complain when I do something wrong. He also at trainings, I repeat, gets carried away at times. When I do something not according to the programm on ice, he sees that and starts doing same things.

I think this is pretty telling of her last partnership.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I think this is pretty telling of her last partnership.

So you see it is a good thing they are no longer together. Simple and without meaning any provocation, Nikita did not like her as a partner for himself both in terms of personality and personal aesthetic. Now he's in a situation he prefers. That's all. While I will always give him minus 3 GOE for the split, I am very happy that he did it. All the best to him too with his new partnership. She seems aware though of her failings so hopefully in time she will mature.

LisaM

Medalist
So you see it is a good thing they are no longer together. Simple and without meaning any provocation, Nikita did not like her as a partner for himself both in terms of personality and personal aesthetic. Now he's in a situation he prefers. That's all. While I will always give him minus 3 GOE for the split, I am very happy that he did it. All the best to him too with his new partnership. She seems aware though of her failings so hopefully in time she will mature.

100% agree.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
"From an artistic side Ruslan can beat any other partner from the ice dance elite. I have seen enough of it, so I have the right to judge it. Take notice of his expressions in Carmen, and you will understand everything without words."

Wow, Elena! She sure expresses it well.

I love this couple!