Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin | Page 123 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I had this idea in the Mirai thread but I would love to see Ruslena skate to Game of Thrones. I see Elena having that strong willed Danareys Targarean grit. And they are fast enough to pull of powerful music. Just a thought for a FD.

Cersei and Jaime! :drama:

turgon97

On the Ice
Cersei and Jaime! :drama:

While I find that appealing, Im not sure if portraying an incestual drama on ice would mesh well with some viewers- some judges in particular lol. :)

Imagine the hilarity if a real sibling team like the shibs do something like that? At least they'll be able to finally portray a romantic theme! :laugh2:

Last edited:

Tanka

On the Ice
From Natalia Dubova's interview:

- Your dance teams got a lot of awards (in past). And now young Stepanova and Bukin have the best score of the three Russian teams. Bravo to them for bronze! What about Ilinykh and Zhiganshin?
Natalia Dubova: The accident with Elena and Ruslan is the biggest disappointment at the Europeans. After a wonderful performance of the short program Lena and Ruslan seemed to be able to fight for gold. But, alas, anything can happen: the aborted lift didn't not leave any chance for high points. I say this because for me they are the heroes of the season. And maybe not so much the team, but each of the partners. After returning from Sochi with two Olympic medals, Lena was literally left with nothing. Her partner left. One must have will and love for figure skating to pair with a much less famous athlete and start from scratch. As for Ruslan, he showed courage and character. With Lena he became the champion of Russia. And I very much hope that this accident and the fourth place will not affect their preparation for the Worlds.
And the bronze medal can not be called a surprise for Russia. Rather, it is a pleasant surprise for Alexandra Stepanova and Ivan Bukin and their coaches.

- What about Katya Bobrova and Dima Soloviev who miss Stockholm because of the partner's injury? Are they able to change the layout at the Worlds?
Natalia Dubova: Bobrova and Soloviev missed a row of competitions, their appearance in Shanghai is unlikely to work a miracle.

Source

Nothing new but a nice comment about surprises.

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
I had this idea in the Mirai thread but I would love to see Ruslena skate to Game of Thrones. I see Elena having that strong willed Danareys Targarean grit. And they are fast enough to pull of powerful music. Just a thought for a FD.

Ha! I had the same idea but for Ksenia and Fedor. :laugh:

Snow: Cersei is nuts and incest noooooo good. :slink::biggrin:

And the bronze medal can not be called a surprise for Russia. Rather, it is a pleasant surprise for Alexandra Stepanova and Ivan Bukin and their coaches.

I read that comment from Dubova and this part says a lot. ;)

Last edited:

Snow63

Record Breaker
Snow: Cersei is nuts and incest noooooo good. :slink::biggrin:

As weird as it is, I really enjoy her storyline. Probably even more than Daenerys' one :) But no one can beat Jon Snow, where do you think my nickname came from? :hopelessness:

Alba

Record Breaker
As weird as it is, I really enjoy her storyline. Probably even more than Daenerys' one :) But no one can beat Jon Snow, where do you think my nickname came from? :hopelessness:

Ah wow. I never though that your nickname was after him. :biggrin:

Tbh I don't like Daenerys that much. In the series even less so. That actress does nothing for me. My fav. character is Arya. :rock:But I enjoy Cersei's and Jaime too. :agree:

Snow63

Record Breaker
Ah wow. I never though that your nickname was after him. :biggrin:

Tbh I don't like Daenerys that much. In the series even less so. That actress does nothing for me. My fav. character is Arya. :rock:But I enjoy Cersei's and Jaime too. :agree:

Well, not exactly lol I was kidding. Just pleasant coincidence :) Arya rocks btw :rock:

alithia

Final Flight
I used to be really bullied at work cause I went there singing the Rains of Castamere one morning:drama:

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Ah wow. I never though that your nickname was after him. :biggrin: Tbh I don't like Daenerys that much. In the series even less so. That actress does nothing for me. My fav. character is Arya. :rock:But I enjoy Cersei's and Jaime too. :agree:

I think Elena/ Ruslan could relate to Dany/Drogo storyline the most. Not really knowing each other when they met but growing into a strong partnership and great love:)

Love Arya, love the whole show actually. I think the tempo would be great for their for their speed.

http://youtu.be/YRd4ARUQkbQ

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
From Natalia Dubova's interview: - Your dance teams got a lot of awards (in past). And now young Stepanova and Bukin have the best score of the three Russian teams. Bravo to them for bronze! What about Ilinykh and Zhiganshin? Natalia Dubova: The accident with Elena and Ruslan is the biggest disappointment at the Europeans. After a wonderful performance of the short program Lena and Ruslan seemed to be able to fight for gold. But, alas, anything can happen: the aborted lift didn't not leave any chance for high points. I say this because for me they are the heroes of the season. And maybe not so much the team, but each of the partners. After returning from Sochi with two Olympic medals, Lena was literally left with nothing. Her partner left. One must have will and love for figure skating to pair with a much less famous athlete and start from scratch. As for Ruslan, he showed courage and character. With Lena he became the champion of Russia. And I very much hope that this accident and the fourth place will not affect their preparation for the Worlds. And the bronze medal can not be called a surprise for Russia. Rather, it is a pleasant surprise for Alexandra Stepanova and Ivan Bukin and their coaches. - What about Katya Bobrova and Dima Soloviev who miss Stockholm because of the partner's injury? Are they able to change the layout at the Worlds? Natalia Dubova: Bobrova and Soloviev missed a row of competitions, their appearance in Shanghai is unlikely to work a miracle. Source Nothing new but a nice comment about surprises.

I love people who just keep it real:)

Alba

Record Breaker
I think Elena/ Ruslan could relate to Dany/Drogo storyline the most. Not really knowing each other when they met but growing into a strong partnership and great love:)

Love Arya, love the whole show actually. I think the tempo would be great for their for their speed.

http://youtu.be/YRd4ARUQkbQ

Drogo is too wild though. I don't think that's Ruslan's personality.
If we are talking about fantasy theme, I think Aragorn and Arwen from LoTR would be perfect for them. Aragorn is strong but yet noble and gentle. :love:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Drogo is too wild though. I don't think that's Ruslan's personality.
If we are talking about fantasy theme, I think Aragorn and Arwen from LoTR would be perfect for them. Aragorn is strong but yet noble and gentle. :love:
Arwen is dark hair as well. :agree:

Alba

Record Breaker
Including the partial step sequence, it finishes at 3:04, after Ruslan does the crossroll swing & Lena does the crossroll swing, change of edge, mohawk.

Thank you very much uhh. :thumbsup:I was in doubt about that indeed, because the partial step sequence the skaters are allowed to skate their own steps between the key points.
So, they go right into the lift after the partial stsq.

p.s. the paso pattern is from 1:54 to 2:38 (1,2,3 key point), then?

Last edited: