Kaitlin Hawayek & Jean-Luc Baker | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Kaitlin Hawayek & Jean-Luc Baker

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
New FD: https://youtu.be/ebpBRPC7gTs

I love it already! :luv17:

As soon as I saw the post, I had a sense of deja vu that I definitely saw this program and I felt I said this is going to be my another favorite, Lieberstraum this season...I didn't realize that the post was made more than 1 month ago. :laugh: I might've left such opinion somewhere on GS. The program is indeed lovely.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Kaitlin and Jean-Luc just debuted their SD at the Autumn Classic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L038L4HnQtI

I wouldn't have expected it, because they're not a team that screams hip hop, but I thought this program at least fit them better than their waltz last year. Still room for improved in terms of speed overall and sharpness in the hip hop section. But in those costumes, they look goooood. ;)

They're sitting in third with 62.70 points, their highest international score since going senior. (Worth noting that ice dance scores have been high across the board so far this season.)

Good luck in the FD on Saturday!

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
I have to admit i was very nervous when I heard they would incorporate Flo Rida in their SD, but I was pleasantly surprised :) I'm looking forward to see this program grow as the season goes on :biggrin:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I love their SD a lot. Jean-Luc's versatility was more than impressive. Why I didn't notice his such instinctive dancing abilities earlier. Throughout the routine, my eyes constantly followed his movements. Kaitlin needs to relax herself and to indulge the rhythm, but it is only early of the season, so they of course what they should do or not. I hope they make a breakthrough this season.

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
This still isn't a perfect fit for them in my opinion, but it's worlds better than last year and I do believe they can and will still improve it! Well done :)

slider11

Medalist
This still isn't a perfect fit for them in my opinion, but it's worlds better than last year and I do believe they can and will still improve it! Well done :)

Agree that this is a step up from last year. If they can gain some speed and sharpness this could have real potential. Can't wait to see their FD.

slider11

Medalist
GREAT FD at the Autumn Classic! Really like the vibe and technical skill. Well deserved silver medal with tons of potential for good things this season!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I love the FD and their lovely presentation at Autumn Classic. They are the best of the event for me. :love:

Congratulation to Kaitlin and Jean-Luc for their deserved silver medal! :yahoo:

I'm just checking on their GP assignments.
http://static.isu.org/media/1015/gp_dance__16-09-23.pdf

Skate Canada (October 28-30, 2016) - we'll see them in less than one month
NHK Trophy (November 25-27, 2016)

I'm so looking forward to seeing them at the events. :hap10:

Last edited:

tvuckic16

Final Flight
So excited for H/B. I like their programs much better this year! I think they show some real promise for the future!

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Good start to the season for H/B. Really hope to see them continue beyond Nationals this year! Field is tight.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Their programs were my favorites across disciplines of the three senior competitions this weekend!

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
Amazing fd.
I hope they finally go to world's this season.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I didn't realize that SC and NHK are such tough fields, probably the two toughest in the GP series. :drama:

ISU GP Skate Canada International 2016

1 Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER CAN 1
2 Alexandra PAUL / Mitchell ISLAM CAN 1
3 Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR CAN 1
4 Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU CHN 2
5 Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSEN DEN 3
6 Cecilia TÖRN / Jussiville PARTANEN FIN 4
7 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA 5
8 Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN RUS 6
9 Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES USA 7
10 Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER USA 7

ISU GP NHK Trophy 2016

1 Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR CAN 1
2 Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC FRA 2
3 Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON FRA 2
4 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA 3
5 Emi HIRAI / Marien DE LA ASUNCION JPN 4
6 Kana MURAMOTO / Chris REED JPN 4
7 Natalia KALISZEK / Maksim SPODIREV POL 5
8 Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV RUS 6
9 Anastasia CANNUSCIO / Colin MCMANUS USA 7

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think they'll be able to make Top 5 at both competitions, but I doubt they will be in medal contention at the GP, but we'll see.

Choreographer Emily Tuttle was on with Dave on the latest TSL This and That and she said she thinks they are in her Top 5 favorite ID teams in the world at the moment and praised Jean-Luc in particular. She and Dave agreed they will have to wait until post 2018 to get their "turn" unless there is a big shake-up this year among the Shibs, C/B and H/D. They may be able to regain their status as US #4.

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
https://youtu.be/TaAgXyBePuQ?t=1h4m55s

Yes, the choreographer (unfamiliar though) invited to TSL said "Jean-Luc was wonderful, one of the top 3 or 5 ice dancer :agree2: and she (Kaitlin) was wonderful too, but they have to wait for their turn unfortunately". Realistically, it may be hard for them to place 3rd at Nationals (supposedly beating over Hubbell/Donahue) given their career and PB differences, but one fan can have a hope. :)

Last edited:

slider11

Medalist
I didn't realize that SC and NHK are such tough fields, probably the two toughest in the GP series. :drama:

ISU GP Skate Canada International 2016

1 Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER CAN 1
2 Alexandra PAUL / Mitchell ISLAM CAN 1
3 Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR CAN 1
4 Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU CHN 2
5 Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSEN DEN 3
6 Cecilia TÖRN / Jussiville PARTANEN FIN 4
7 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA 5
8 Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN RUS 6
9 Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES USA 7

ISU GP NHK Trophy 2016

1 Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR CAN 1
2 Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC FRA 2
3 Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON FRA 2
4 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA 3
5 Emi HIRAI / Marien DE LA ASUNCION JPN 4
6 Kana MURAMOTO / Chris REED JPN 4
7 Natalia KALISZEK / Maksim SPODIREV POL 5
8 Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV RUS 6
9 Anastasia CANNUSCIO / Colin MCMANUS USA 7

Wow! Yes, these are tough assignments! Other than the Shibs and Hubbel/Donahue, there's alot of top 5 here! But if the goal is to skate with the big kids, I guess they go their wish! Go kaitlin and Jean-Luc!

slider11

Medalist
98 for Kaitlin and Jean-luc in their FD. Hubbell and Donahue just earned 100 at Finlandia. I know judges at competitions can vary but this should give K/J-L some confidence that they are gaining some momentum on the top 3 US teams.