Satoko Miyahara | Page 87 | Golden Skate

Satoko Miyahara

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Satoko is listed as one of the domestic skaters to 'The Ice':
http://fs-theice.com/cast/

As Satoko regularly skates in 'The Ice', it's not a surprise and probably indicating that she's recovering well. I'll look forward to her new programs from the show!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Satoko is listed as one of the domestic skaters to 'The Ice':
http://fs-theice.com/cast/

As Satoko regularly skates in 'The Ice', it's not a surprise and probably indicating that she's recovering well. I'll look forward to her new programs from the show!

YEEEESSSSSSS!! judging by previous years that means we will probably see one of her new programs :hap57::hap93::yahoo:

ioanna

Record Breaker
A detailed interview with Satoko from the Kansai University exhibition
https://tadakixd.tumblr.com/post/162680000725/miyahara-satoko-interview-2717

Some interesting quotes:

• During the skate I was concentrating solely on the performance but, today I was finally able to skate fully and happily without having to think about my leg.
  • The jumps were well, (if you ask if) they went according to practice then yes they went according to practice. Although I would have liked to show the audience a better performance, it was a live performance and I was able to skate with much pleasure.
  • Rather than being nervous or feeling like I have to skate well, I think the feeling of “this is the happiest I’ve been thus far” was stronger.
  • This season, I would like to go to the Olympics so I think it would be good if I could make proper adjustments (to my training) until nationals.
  • In the end I want to give a good performance every time, and while I do think it’d be good if I could produce results each time, I still have no idea how far my skating condition can be raised so although I want to give a good performance, I want to concentrate on properly doing the things that I can do and not straining myself.

liv

Record Breaker
I am always amazed that media follows these skaters to Toronto (among other places too), just for choreography or practicing. They did it for Mai, now Satoko, always for Yuzu for his media day... and probably while he was getting choreo done too... they follow them all over, even for off season...

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Satoko's part on HEROS and translation of it, its not much but i love her movements, i believe that its gonna be another Tom-Satoko masterpiece :luv17: btw i didnt notice that she has such long eyelashes before :laugh:

Tears were coming down from my face somewhere in the middle of this program when music began to play, come back healthy please :cry:
Upper body already looks amazing, I think this will be great FP for her !

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
its different from what Lori choreographed for her before, hopefully it will be good :yay:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Satoko's new SP is "Sayuri's Theme" from Memoirs of a Geisha; choreo by Lori Nichol.
https://this.kiji.is/263712818982404100?c=39550187727945729

thank you a lot ioanna for posting this

in all honesty - one of my dream music choices for Satoko was always 'Memoirs of a Geisha' OST (along with something from Joe Hisaishi) and it will become true. I can watch the movie several times in short period of time and still feel amazed by its artistry - it is for me like alive canvas with so many shades, so many emotions enclosed. And the music matches this living picture so prfectly - it shows both fragility and mystery of that World at the same time. This is mainly the reason I've always wanted Satoko to skate a program to that music - for me, she's an amazing 'colorist of the moment' in her movement, giving out the mood of the music so deeply by even the smallest gestures. And there's that alluring contrast in her - delicacy and strenght, I feel she'll portray that piece amazingly.

ioanna

Record Breaker
I think I made a confusion. Memoirs of a Geisha was released as "Sayuri" in Japan so the music she uses in the SP may not actually be "Sayuri's Theme". I guess we'll find out soon.