Satoko Miyahara | Page 88 | Golden Skate

Satoko Miyahara

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I'm in love with her SP! :love: And her dress. Her spins are always so amazing.

Wishing her all the best for her jump readiness.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This will just get better and better, I'm sure. A few jump and timing issues, which is to be expected in July. Gorgeous though, and I loved the costume, although she'll probably get a different costume for the season, one of those amazing Satomi Ito ones. So wonderful to see her back.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
This is already looking to be one of my fave SP this season! Just her natural elegance and grace to the music is just :love:

Rinkside
Well... if that's only 10% we are definitely in for a treat. :hap85: Looking forward to it. :hap10: GO GO Satoko :hap10:.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

honestly, I have to say that this performance and the program stunned me in so many ways I don't know where to begin with...

firstly, I have to say that Satoko and her team picked the best soundtrack piece I could imagine - the music chosen (or at least some great part of it) plays in the movie when Sayuri prepares for her debut, becoming a Geisha. This piece is a perfect illustration of this change, starting softly and growing with strenght up to the finale. Satoko's program seems the same - it really tells the story and builds up with tempo, atmosphere, speed.

then - from more general point - I think that lots of figure skating viewers focus mainly on 'obvious' things that can be easily distinguished, especially jumps, and then they tend to judge/opine skater solely based on those 'obvious' factors. Don't get me wrong - I don't state that this is worse/better way of viewing figure skating/being a FS fan, just seeing Satoko's performance one again helped me realize that with some skaters, in some programs/performances, the most marginalized, little things usually being overlooked speak so loudly. Of course, it depends on a viewer and what is someone's focus on figure skating while watching, but myself I am glad that there are skaters and programs which helps me understand and realize that there is so much more in figure skating than just 'obvious' things and ending results of competitions.

addressing the above point in relation to Satoko's performance - even coming back from such injury, even if jumps were less than perfect, she totally captured my attention by her skating as an unit, all little details and all transitions between elements. Honestly - this performance shown me maybe even more important thing in Satoko than any perfectly executed jump at this point, it shown me a maturity, composure and expertise in performance at the very first presentation of it. Aside of the masterful craft of the program (on which I'll rave more below), I see so much thought, focus and work put in it by Satoko herself. Every gesture so seamless yet sharp and punctuated, so much of ease created and a deep connection presented between her and the music, the character. This transitions between two first spins - so much into character of the music, exit from solo jump - immediately into character, step sequence - masterful...The big thing for me is to make you focus on the tiniest detail, unimportant feature and form it to an even itself - Satoko just achieved that in my eyes, making her skating, her interpretation primary points of focus.

like many of You said already - the program is amazingly crafted, with so much detail and thought put in terms not only of technical content, but whole 'picture' of the program. Like I said above - Satoko is making those little gestures, hand moves, head moves stand out fabulously. The program is custom-desiged for her, highlighting her unique musical sensitivity, attention to the detail, softness and ease in movement. There is never a single moment of pushing through the program - the balance between technicality and artistry is so smooth, so 'caressing' for senses. For me, it's not only a pleasure, but also a priviledge to see such great, great collaboration and the effect made by a program.

and finishing, I have to say 'thank you' to Satoko - for not only challenging herself by performing her competitive program so early, after coming out frominjury, setting herself into the spotlight, but for challenging myself - to see and appreciate the beauty of 'non-obvious' things.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
honestly, I have to say that this performance and the program stunned me in so many ways I don't know where to begin with...

firstly, I have to say that Satoko and her team picked the best soundtrack piece I could imagine - the music chosen (or at least some great part of it) plays in the movie when Sayuri prepares for her debut, becoming a Geisha. This piece is a perfect illustration of this change, starting softly and growing with strenght up to the finale. Satoko's program seems the same - it really tells the story and builds up with tempo, atmosphere, speed.

then - from more general point - I think that lots of figure skating viewers focus mainly on 'obvious' things that can be easily distinguished, especially jumps, and then they tend to judge/opine skater solely based on those 'obvious' factors. Don't get me wrong - I don't state that this is worse/better way of viewing figure skating/being a FS fan, just seeing Satoko's performance one again helped me realize that with some skaters, in some programs/performances, the most marginalized, little things usually being overlooked speak so loudly. Of course, it depends on a viewer and what is someone's focus on figure skating while watching, but myself I am glad that there are skaters and programs which helps me understand and realize that there is so much more in figure skating than just 'obvious' things and ending results of competitions.

addressing the above point in relation to Satoko's performance - even coming back from such injury, even if jumps were less than perfect, she totally captured my attention by her skating as an unit, all little details and all transitions between elements. Honestly - this performance shown me maybe even more important thing in Satoko than any perfectly executed jump at this point, it shown me a maturity, composure and expertise in performance at the very first presentation of it. Aside of the masterful craft of the program (on which I'll rave more below), I see so much thought, focus and work put in it by Satoko herself. Every gesture so seamless yet sharp and punctuated, so much of ease created and a deep connection presented between her and the music, the character. This transitions between two first spins - so much into character of the music, exit from solo jump - immediately into character, step sequence - masterful...The big thing for me is to make you focus on the tiniest detail, unimportant feature and form it to an even itself - Satoko just achieved that in my eyes, making her skating, her interpretation primary points of focus.

like many of You said already - the program is amazingly crafted, with so much detail and thought put in terms not only of technical content, but whole 'picture' of the program. Like I said above - Satoko is making those little gestures, hand moves, head moves stand out fabulously. The program is custom-desiged for her, highlighting her unique musical sensitivity, attention to the detail, softness and ease in movement. There is never a single moment of pushing through the program - the balance between technicality and artistry is so smooth, so 'caressing' for senses. For me, it's not only a pleasure, but also a priviledge to see such great, great collaboration and the effect made by a program.

and finishing, I have to say 'thank you' to Satoko - for not only challenging herself by performing her competitive program so early, after coming out frominjury, setting herself into the spotlight, but for challenging myself - to see and appreciate the beauty of 'non-obvious' things.

another awesome post, expressing how i felt while i was watching :clap: i feel like her LP last season really helped Satoko to interpret this program, and the parts you mentioned are also my favourite part of the program, esp between the spins where she repeats a move, also during stsq where she stops, turns her head and skips? backwards full of confidence, and transitions, ahhhhh i just love the program, well done Lori! :love:

Danibellerika

Medalist
I just had the chance to watch her short. What a beautiful program! It looks so polished and it's only July! And she looks so mature and confident. I love the dress. I love everything about it aside from the jumps. But knowing she is giving this her all and she will have the benefit of skating later in the grand prix, I think she still has time to get back to where she'll need to be. On the components side I can definitely see this being well rewarded.

ioanna

Record Breaker
According to the reports I've read on twitter, here's Satoko's progress on jumps for the past 3 days

Day 1 (the one with the broadcast): 3Lz(fall), 2Lo, 2A
Day 2: 3Lz(off-axis but landed), 3Lo(fall), 2A(step-out)
Day 3: 3Lz(beautiful, landed), 3Lo(off-axis, fall), 2A

Looks like 3Lo is the hardest to get. Possibly because it's out of steps? Also I noticed she does a rocker into the 2A, she didn't have that transition before.

When she finished her program today she put her hands together apologizing for her jumps, oh Satton :cry:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
According to the reports I've read on twitter, here's Satoko's progress on jumps for the past 3 days

Day 1 (the one with the broadcast): 3Lz(fall), 2Lo, 2A
Day 2: 3Lz(off-axis but landed), 3Lo(fall), 2A(step-out)
Day 3: 3Lz(beautiful, landed), 3Lo(off-axis, fall), 2A

Looks like 3Lo is the hardest to get. Possibly because it's out of steps? Also I noticed she does a rocker into the 2A, she didn't have that transition before.

When she finished her program today she put her hands together apologizing for her jumps, oh Satton :cry:

yes, overall she has more transitions in her program and program is brand new, i am sure she will get better , ohh her apologizing reminded me of embarrassed Yuzuru after he bombed his some of his EX programs :laugh: (if you cant tell, yes i am still on this ship :luv17:)

Spinning

On the Ice
Wow...:love: It's beautiful, sublime, out of this world gorgeous programme. My favorite so far this year. Glad to see her back on the ice.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
:sad21::cry::sad46: i hope its not too serious and they are being cautious :sad14: