Which ice dance team is Zueva's current top team? | Golden Skate

Which ice dance team is Zueva's current top team?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am wondering which team is currently as of COR is Mme Zueva's top team? And just to add some fun do you Virtue and Moir would return to her?

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's all opinion, of course, but I'd say the Shibs. I've not been a notable fan of theirs for several years now, but I like their programs this season.

If V/M return, I hope they go with Igor. I think they've been fantastic with Marina, but what more does she have to offer them?

I'd say the exact same thing if the question were about D/W.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
I feel like it's the Shibutanis, because they have had the highest placement at a GP of any of her teams so far - two silvers, and have already qualified for the GPF.

Cappellini/Lanotte had an awful outing at CoC and have pulled out of the Trophee Bompard, so maybe they're having second thoughts or battling an injury.
Sinitsina/Katsalapov are a hot topic right now, so I won't remark on them. But the fact that Nikita flubbed the twizzles today might show that she didn't drill that enough with them? But I will not make assumtions because we still do have the free.
Aldridge/Eaton are kind of uninspired and their programs do not fit them at all.
Reed/Reed are a non factor as of now, for unknown reasons. Possibly an injury?

I think Virtue/Moir wouldn't return to Zueva. I think they'd join up with Dubreuil and Lauzon up in Montreal with P/C and H/D :cool:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'd honestly don't see Virtue and Moir returning. Never say never -- but it seems they are really enjoying the post-competition life.

Scorewise, the Shibs are the top team. As I say elsewhere, it seems they are working more with Massimo, which seems to benefit them. I believe he was instrumental in doing their SD choreo. Also Charlie has really helped them with their step sequences. The one in the SD is really nice!

Last edited:

IcyEdges

Match Penalty
Out of all of them, the Shibs are doing the best but are more Scali's team than Zueva's. She still treats them like 3rd class citizens (did anyone catch her shock at their first GP outing this season in the K&C after the short. Shocked with their scores). S/K is who she's concentrating on. C/L and A/E would be next. She also has other teams.

Last edited:

BlackPack

Medalist
While the Shibs have the current highest placement, it seems Marina is pouring all her energy into Sinitsina and Nikita K. Sinitsina has been styled to be Tessa 2.0. Marina is very obvious. Whoever acts and looks like Tessa 2.0 or Katia 2.0, that's her team of chioce.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I wonder what the feedback was? (Other than it was not well received) I hope they aren't panicking. Something tells me they will be ready for Euros.

elif

Medalist
Probably they just afraid losing Papadakis/Cizeron second time in two weeks.:disapp:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
You could be right elif but I do want to remain positive. Still they admit they are reworking their FD so it isn't an injury like Adelina - which does appear legit. The P and C and C and B really could challenge for medals or in the case of C and B a world title. Wow. ONe would have thought world champions would be top dog in Zueva's stable. S and K weren't all t hat impressive at COR so far.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I wonder what the feedback was? (Other than it was not well received) I hope they aren't panicking. Something tells me they will be ready for Euros.

I was going to say, what feedback? Don't fall down and mess up all your elements?

BlackPack

Medalist
I was going to say, what feedback? Don't fall down and mess up all your elements?

My thoughts too.... Even a slight bobble on a twizzle can cost championships. A disruptive fall that mars 10-20 seconds of your program a lot Abbott in Sochi will send even World Champions several placements down the ranks. Just thank the lucky stars it was just a GP event, not Worlds or Olympics.

Barb

Record Breaker
We don´t know how she is working in the rink and training with them but because her attitude towards all her teams seems Marina is focused in Victoria and Nikita, second Anna and Luca and third Shibs. In my opinion Shibs got the best SD coreography of Canton teams, but really we don´t know how much Marina contributed to this.

BlackPack

Medalist
V&M wouldn't go back to Marina, especially after what happened with Marina, according to them, favoring D&W towards the end.

Anyway.... there's always a very obvious answer as to who are Marina's favorites - whoever skates to some clipped version of Pepe Romero - G&G, V&M, and now S&K. Seriously, how does anyone manage to sneak in Pepe Romero so often given so many restrictions is beyond me...

The good news is that her favorites don't always remain her favorites. :slink:

nocturnalis

Medalist
V&M wouldn't go back to Marina, especially after what happened with Marina, according to them, favoring D&W towards the end.

Anyway.... there's always a very obvious answer as to who are Marina's favorites - whoever skates to some clipped version of Pepe Romero - G&G, V&M, and now S&K. Seriously, how does anyone manage to sneak in Pepe Romero so often given so many restrictions is beyond me...

The good news is that her favorites don't always remain her favorites. :slink:
The difference is V&M's was actually good and fit the style of music. Everything was on in that flamenco. It was exquisite.

BlackPack

Medalist
The difference is V&M's was actually good and fit the style of music. Everything was on in that flamenco. It was exquisite.

V&M is always good. However, I think they could have done something even more special if they were allowed to explore their own music and themes.

elif

Medalist
If we are talking about her ''politiks''
1. Sinitsina&Katsalapov
She talked all summer nothing but their blue eyes. How they are beautiful they are like ''her former couples''.. how fast, how super, how young they are...
2. Shibutanis
She almost never mationed them in summer. Only after Skate America -where point gap between Chock/Bates and Shibs come bigger- she talked how great, smooth, clean they are...
3.Capellini/Lanotte
I didn't see any mentions to them... I hope I hadn't missed

Last edited:

BlackPack

Medalist
If we are talking about her ''politiks''
1. Sinitsina&Katsalapov
She talked all summer nothing but their blue eyes. How they are beautiful they are like ''her former couples''.. how fast, how super, how young they are...
2. Shibutanis
She almost never mationed them in summer. Only after Skate America -where point gap between Chock/Bates and Shibs come bigger- she talked how great, smooth, clean they are...
3.Capellini/Lanotte
I didn't see any mentions to them... I hope I hadn't missed

I feel really bad for the Shibs and C&L. With C&L, they could have stayed with Igor. The Shibs are just naive, I suppose. It is obvious that they were never Marina's first choice. How many years of being in limbo will make them see that?