Question about IceNetwork.com | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Question about IceNetwork.com

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
I subscribed to IN for the first time ever because of their special rate ($25 bucks). The feed froze on me through the whole of the Ladie's SP - and it seemed to happen just as some of the ladies would go into their jumps! So annoying! Fortunately they archive the videos (I'm watching the Ladie's SP again http://web.icenetwork.com/video/v37164149/?event=2015_us_fs_champs) and this time no freezing. I guess it's only during the live feed that I'm out of luck.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
sabinfire - Russian Nats was on US ESPN broadcast?? ("How did I not know that? I'm thinking.")

Russian Nationals the perfect thing to fill the programming on ESPN 3 since there were no bowl games, LOL and it was Christmas.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
As much as I hate Ice Network, I'm going to bite the bullet and do it. $25 isn't so bad...that's like 2 tickets to the movies or something.

That's a reasonable price, but keep in mind that a 'Season Pass' is literally a single season's access, not a year subscription. With Worlds being the last major event of the season, you will be left with mostly just access to on-demand events for a few months until your pass expires in August -- at which point you will need to renew for next season at $50 (unless there's another discount around that time, which I doubt).

So while a 50% discount off the season pass is nice (and thanks for sharing, golden411!), the season is well over half-way over, and may be debatable whether or not it is 'worth' the value at this point in time -- comparatively speaking.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
That's a reasonable price, but keep in mind that a 'Season Pass' is literally a single season's access, not a year subscription. With Worlds being the last major event of the season, you will be left with mostly just access to on-demand events for a few months until your pass expires in August -- at which point you will need to renew for next season at $50 (unless there's another discount around that time, which I doubt).

So while a 50% discount off the season pass is nice (and thanks for sharing, golden411!), the season is well over half-way over, and may be debatable whether or not it is 'worth' the value at this point in time -- comparatively speaking.

I'm not a salesman for IN, but will add that some people will be interested in live-streaming of WTT in April.

That said, if I recall correctly, 2013 WTT streaming was not geo-blocked on the ISU channel :). But that's not an iron-clad guarantee that the same will be true this year :shrug:.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Once upon a time, IN used to do "event passes", where for about $12-$15, you could get a "mini-subscription" that was good for one event (like, US Nationals or something). The first year that I had reliable, fast enough internet, I wanted that option for Nationals because that's not geoblocked, but by then, they had removed that option. Maybe they thought if they took it away, they'd get more full-season subscribers. I guess it worked because I did buy the season pass.

Now that I know about the H-word, I'm much happier to shell out my $50 each season.

UnsaneLily87

On the Ice
I'm not a salesman for IN, but will add that some people will be interested in live-streaming of WTT in April.

That said, if I recall correctly, 2013 WTT streaming was not geo-blocked on the ISU channel :). But that's not an iron-clad guarantee that the same will be true this year :shrug:.

I'm moving to rural Africa in June so I just figure I'll use it for Worlds and WTT. I still think it's worth it, it's what I'd pay for a night out at the movies.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I'm moving to rural Africa in June so I just figure I'll use it for Worlds and WTT. I still think it's worth it, it's what I'd pay for a night out at the movies.

Oh, pls don't get me wrong ... I agree that it is (regardless) a deal worth considering ... I would not have posted it otherwise.

And I agree 100% with your perspective that it is as good a value as a night out at the movies (or at least no worse a value).

In fact, your comparison is why I have no patience for silly whining from others about IN's supposed greed. Even the full asking price would not be highway robbery, esp. at the beginning of the season. I choose not to pay it, but I don't think it is highway robbery.

Meanwhile ... you're moving to rural Africa!?! Wow. Sounds like a great adventure. :)

(p.s. Belatedly noticed that the Twitter link in my original post was a dud. I have fixed it.)​

Last edited: