Anna Pogorilaya Requests Your Help With Next Year's Programs | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Anna Pogorilaya Requests Your Help With Next Year's Programs

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Getting your account blocked? Probably not. The owner of the music would have to know it was posted to VK, be able to locate it (which requires a VK account), and then jump through hoops for a 'Takedown' of the copyrighted content through DMCA.

http://vk.com/help?page=cc_terms

It may just depend on the content you are posting and the backing behind it (major record label, well known song, etc.)

Like most sites of this variety, VK holds sweeping authority over how they choose to enforce their Terms of Service:

http://vk.com/terms

"8.6. The Site Administration does not bear liability for the User’s breach of these Terms and reserves the right, at its own discretion as well as upon receipt of information from other Users or third parties on the User’s breach of these Terms, to modify (moderate) or remove any information published by the User in breach of the prohibitions set by these Terms (including personal messages), suspend, limit or terminate the User’s access to all or any sections or services of the Site at any time for any reason or without explaining the reason. The Site Administration reserves the right to remove the User’s personal page and/or suspend, limit or terminate the User’s access to any of the Site services, if the Site Administration believes that the User poses a threat to the Site and/or its Users. The Site Administration implements the measures described above in accordance with applicable law and does not bear liability for any negative consequences of such measures for the User or third parties."

Posting a link to the Soundcloud song would be the 'safest' method for sure, but an external link will be less likely to be clicked upon.

Alba

Record Breaker
An open question for everybody.

I am planning on suggesting a piece of music that is not already on vKontakte. What should I do?

Should I upload it to vKontakte? The thing is, it says:
Uploading conditions

• Your audio file may not exceed 200 MB and has to be in MP3 format.
  • Your audio file must not violate copyright laws.

Are vKontakte strict about copyright? I mean to say, is there a possibility I could get into trouble and get my account blocked? Because, I really wouldn't want that to happen.

The song I want to suggest is not on YouTube, but it is on Soundcloud (which is where I ripped the mp3 file from...). So, rather than taking the risk of uploading the mp3 file, do you think it would be acceptable to just provide a link to the song on Soundcloud?

This is turning out to be more complicated than I expected!

CaroLiza_fan

I put the link from youtube, but I don't think you'll have problems if you upload the file. A lot of people upload audio files there.