Edmunds 2
Hicks 2
Miller 2
Bell 1
Wang 1
Chen 1
Nagasu 1
TBD at SA-1

A little surprised Miller got 2, surprised Wang got selected. Expected Bell to get host pick, her only chance?. Nagasu probably on borderline between 1 and 2, got 1.

US gets 15 slots (17 last year). Russia only 14 slots, Japan 15 slots.

leolion11

On the Ice
Wow SC looks to be very interesting... excited about Mao's GP events too :cheer:

Btw I know there has been speculation about which skaters the feds will choose host picks, but will we ever find out who exactly those skaters are?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
NHK is like a mini 2012-2013 JGP reunion. First head-to-head match up between Boyang Jin and Jason Brown since 2012 Courchaval (Boyang won) and the 3 out of the 4 JGPF folks from that season (Maxim, Josh and Jason. Obviously they faced each other at Worlds, but this is the first GP head-to-head matchup.)

I bet Shoma will get the host pick. With Yuzuru there also, and Dornbush, shoukd be fun to watch.

And now that you know the assignments, it's time for Baby P to arrive so he or she can watch Skate America with Mom!:biggrin:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
NHK is like a mini 2012-2013 JGP reunion. First head-to-head match up between Boyang Jin and Jason Brown since 2012 Courchaval (Boyang won) and the 3 out of the 4 JGPF folks from that season (Maxim, Josh and Jason. Obviously they faced each other at Worlds, but this is the first GP head-to-head matchup.)

I bet Shoma will get the host pick. With Yuzuru there also, and Dornbush, shoukd be fun to watch.

Good morning, Mrs. P :).

Now the question is when Baby P will make news with her/his arrival!

Layback11

Record Breaker
So, my main concern with Mao doing the GP was if it would mess with Gracie's highly possibly qualification for the GPF. But at SA, the only ladies I can see posing a threat are Medvedeva and Lipnitskaya, and even those are big question marks. Yulia is coming off of a devastating growth spurt and few skaters ever come back from that (Liza being a rare exception), although it's possible, and Evgenia is just starting a growth spurt and very young. Although a reigning JWC (think Elena) can dominate in seniors their first year, it's never a guarantee with teenagers. However, I'd guess at least one of them is going to be good, and I'd predict Gracie winning either gold or silver, which, in the right combination of colors, could certainly qualify for the GPF. At Bompard, she's pretty much guaranteed not to win because Liza is in it, and so is Yulia, although Yulia is a big question mark and again, I can't see her beating Gracie if she's in the form she was last year. I'd say silver again, so it's either gold/silver or silver/silver. My GPF predix:

1 Tuktamysheva-gold, gold
2 Asada-gold, gold (if back in form)
3 Radionova or Medvedeva-silver, gold
4 Gold-silver, silver
5 Miyahara-silver, silver
6 Radionova, Medvedeva, Lipnitskaya, Pogorilaya-silver, bronze

ALTERNATES

1 Wagner-silver, bronze
2 Hongo-bronze, bronze
3 Murakami-bronze, 4th

ALTERNATES-

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
So I notice that Jeremy Abbott and Artur Gachinski didn't get anything...maybe they will be host picks? Even Moris K. got an assignment (I like him, but I thought Artur did slightly better than him, at least). Hmm...

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Holy, pairs is stacked. Hardly a mediocre/subpar pair in any of the events. Fight for medals will be intense, and gpf spots even more so.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
What about Adelina?? When is she planning to rejoin the circuit?

There's a TBD in COR so we might see her comeback then, after all that fanfare about her possibly attending Euros I thought she would come back to the GP (as a comeback skater) but now I'm not sure

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Sotnikova not competing?
I am very disappointed ;_;

Last edited: