Project Runway - Season 14 - August 6, 2015 at 9-8central | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Project Runway - Season 14 - August 6, 2015 at 9-8central

nguyhm

On the Ice
I think 'craziest' went to the rainway.
If you were referring to the episode when the runway was "rained on" then I agree that it was quite "crazy" in a good way - pretty awesome. IIRC the winner of this episode was quite deserving, he had different colors sewn into a white dress and the water created a colorful "splash".

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
If you were referring to the episode when the runway was "rained on" then I agree that it was quite "crazy" in a good way - pretty awesome. IIRC the winner of this episode was quite deserving, he had different colors sewn into a white dress and the water created a colorful "splash".

Yes I mean that, but I also meant the judging panel & Tim has named it that, not myself :)

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I didn't really like Ashley & Candice's design but the judges raved about it.

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/photos/season-14-episode-3-sketches#id=2

I really like Laurie & Swapnil design. I do agree about the crotch length being too long but I loved the design.

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/photos/season-14-episode-3-sketches#id=7

I'm glad that Edmond had immunity and I'm glad that Hanmiao is gone. I thought Edmond tried to work with her but she just wouldn't listen. I really want to see more of Edmond's designs.

I thought this design was just terrible.

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/photos/season-14-episode-3-sketches#id=6

I'm glad Jake spoke up about who did what. Lindsey was so difficult.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I know I have been watching this show wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too long, when I was completely right about Hanmiao ["the New Peng (down to the "I don't listen to anyone's advice"--after they suck the Drahmah! out of her for a team challenge she'll be aufed)"].

Hmm, I'm sort of on Lindsey's side in that dispute. Having someone you don't really know calling you "sweetie" and the like is condescending. And he really didn't pull his weight. But I doubt either of them are going to last long. Just sayin'...

I would have given the win to Laurie & Swapnil too. It was referential without being too deferential. I just thought Ashley & Candice's design was so busy busy busy. And I was not a fan of those box pleated palazzos. I did like the cowl backed top though--though I would have loped off about a foot of fabric from it!

It is a shame that two talented, interesting designers--and I do think David and Hanmaio are much more interesting designers than 90% of who is left--have been aufed, but that's the nature of reality tv. C'est la vie de tv. :)

Not a bad season so far. The Drahmuh! is at tolerable levels (at least so far). They need to get rid of Miss Joseph pronto--that was Grandma Hideousness.

Last edited:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hmm, I'm sort of on Lindsey's side in that dispute. Having someone you don't really know calling you "sweetie" and the like is condescending. And he really didn't pull his weight. But I doubt either of them are going to last long. Just sayin'...

I just thought Ashley & Candice's design was so busy busy busy. And I was not a fan of those box pleated palazzos. I did like the cowl backed top though--though I would have loped off about a foot of fabric from it!

Hey WA, great minds think alike. :laugh:

Regarding Lindsey & Jake, could Lindsey have said ..... I would appreciate it if you don't call me sweetie anymore. I just thought that both should have realized being on national TV, we are their potential customers. I think both are just alike. The only thing I'm saying is that I'm glad that Jake spoke up before she did.

I agree about the cowl neck, I thought the cowl was way toooooooooo long as well. Personally, I think the judges were blind on this design.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Hey WA, great minds think alike. :laugh:

Regarding Lindsey & Jake, could Lindsey have said ..... I would appreciate it if you don't call me sweetie anymore. I just thought that both should have realized being on national TV, we are their potential customers. I think both are just alike. The only thing I'm saying is that I'm glad that Jake spoke up before she did.

I agree about the cowl neck, I thought the cowl was way toooooooooo long as well. Personally, I think the judges were blind on this design.

It's because we have great taste, sweetie honey sugarpie babe. ;)

Really what has happened to all the sweet fun gay men this show used to have on? Now every gay man is just a beeyutch with no redeeming warmth. Really, compare season 1's Jay McCarroll with season 9's Josh. It's like Lifetime has some corporate homophobia policy going on.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
WA said:
Really what has happened to all the sweet fun gay men this show used to have on?

WA, do you remember when Christian S. was on the show and one of the other guys would carry Christian around in his tote?? I wish they would do the rerun of season 4 with Christian.

Do you remember when Nick wanted to cut someone?? I don't remember the incident but I think he was upset that someone threw him under the bus.

Ahhhhh the good old days!!

nguyhm

On the Ice
I would have given the win to Laurie & Swapnil too. It was referential without being too deferential. I just thought Ashley & Candice's design was so busy busy busy. And I was not a fan of those box pleated palazzos. I did like the cowl backed top though--though I would have loped off about a foot of fabric from it! Not a bad season so far. The Drahmuh! is at tolerable levels (at least so far). They need to get rid of Miss Joseph pronto--that was Grandma Hideousness
I can't wait to see him getting "auf"ed. Such arrogance!

heyang

Record Breaker

I wasn't thrilled by that win... without the dye, it was just a simple white dress. I could understand it being in the top that week, but not as winner.

heyang

Record Breaker
I know I have been watching this show wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too long, when I was completely right about Hanmiao ["the New Peng (down to the "I don't listen to anyone's advice"--after they suck the Drahmah! out of her for a team challenge she'll be aufed)"].

I would have given the win to Laurie & Swapnil too. It was referential without being too deferential. I just thought Ashley & Candice's design was so busy busy busy. And I was not a fan of those box pleated palazzos. I did like the cowl backed top though--though I would have loped off about a foot of fabric from it!

It is a shame that two talented, interesting designers--and I do think David and Hanmaio are much more interesting designers than 90% of who is left--have been aufed, but that's the nature of reality tv. C'est la vie de tv. :)

Not a bad season so far. The Drahmuh! is at tolerable levels (at least so far). They need to get rid of Miss Joseph pronto--that was Grandma Hideousness.

I agree that the drama hasn't been as bad as other seasons, so far.

I also agree that David shouldn't have refered to Lindsey as sweetie. It's condescending unless you call everyone sweetie or have a closer relationship. Definitely not appropriate in the workplace. Based upon the clips, he was just saying 'No' to every idea without providing anything of his own. He's really lucky that she took over.
I wouldn't have picked them for top 3.

I really liked the Greece inspired dress.... However, it did lack the runway drama of the Hong Kong inspirationi.

I would've given the win to Laurie and Swapnil, too. Ashley and Candice's was way too busy - I didn't like how the back cowl was longer than part of the jacket. Didn't care for the pants at all and liked the top and jacket as separate pieces vs combined in a single outfit.

heyang

Record Breaker
I really like Laurie & Swapnil design. I do agree about the crotch length being too long but I loved the design.

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/photos/season-14-episode-3-sketches#id=7

I'm glad that Edmond had immunity and I'm glad that Hanmiao is gone. I thought Edmond tried to work with her but she just wouldn't listen. I really want to see more of Edmond's designs.

I was amused how thrilled Laurie was with the positive notes from her inspiration and guest judge.

I'm glad Edmund had immunity too since he was trying to work with her and she pretty much shut him out. He only made that extra bathing suit because he was worried about her completing one. If she hadn't , it would've been even more disastrous.

Hanmiao was going to be eliminated eventually, so, not sorry that she was eliminated. If she had been smart, she would've said 'Hey, I take full responsibility if you let me decide since you have immunity'. Probably would've lowered the frustration level for both of them.

loopy

Final Flight
I thought Hanmiao put herself in a box and didn't know how to climb out. It wasn't dramatic, it was just sad how she seemed so inflexible. That skirt was terrible in every way and the cords as well. Yuck, yuck, yuck, funny though....the worst parts were all Edmund.

I really like Lindsey. We call her Taylor Swift when we can't remember her name. She was right about being called sweetie, he said it with a sneer.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was so confused by last night's winner, I don't get it. This is from Nick Verreos' Blog.

Nick Verreos said:
when it came to Blake. His "original" parachute girl design outweighed the, why is the dress shifting and why is the neckline unfinished? And what's with the wonky sides? Somehow, Blake won.

I'm perplexed at why he got such a pass on his construction. Are we witnessing the beginnings of a "Judges' Favorite"? We'll see. Personally, I would have picked Candice or Swapnil as the winner. But, congrats to Blake for winning $5,000 and a Mary Kay advertorial in Marie Claire. I can see the photo now: she's parachuting from the top of a Manhattan building in that dress...while wearing Mary Kay's newest City Modern makeup! Let's just hope they gave him a chance to remake the dress for the photoshoot.

Then there's the serger issue.

Nick said:
Gabrielle is having serger issues. She doesn't know how to thread it. (And no one else on Season 14 seems to know as well, allegedly) Her design includes a knit dress which she says she can't finish without the serger. This is bullpucky, if you pardon my language. I have sewn many a knit garment with my industrial sewing machine and no additional overlock. It is not ideal, but you can "make it work." She didn't, as we soon find out.

Serger's are not easy to thread. When I bought my serger, I found out the hard way. When you thread a serger, you tie on your new thread. When the serger comes from the manufacturer it has a short length of threads that you tie onto your new thread. Guess who pulled the threads out of the serger before tying onto the new thread? I learned the hard way!!! :laugh:

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Boring boring episode. They can't get rid of Blake fast enough of me. He thinks he's adorable but what he really is is fake and annoying. Can't tell time? The dumb sweet gay bimbo act is already beyond tired. And for Amanda to call anyone else mediocre is just hilarious.

Some nice designs (although two of them went into Way Too Much territory): Candice, Swapnil and Kelly (tres street chic). Joseph and Jake are just zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Merlene, nice jacket.

The right person went home.

ETA: Oh I almost forgot. I thought Kiernan Shipka was one of the better celebrity judges they've ever had (Tracey Ross last week was another). Girl is turning into her generation's Jodie Foster.

Last edited:

loopy

Final Flight
The parachute dress was so odd, it would have been more interesting if he did tie it to the model's braid! A messy puckery mess.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I'm definitely going to come back when spoiler time is done, but let me just say I thoroughly enjoyed that episode. Best team challenge in ages. And the drama was actually compelling this time--the whole episode played out like a good teen movie.

Oh, and I really loved the winning collection.

Color me...surprised!

[wink]

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
****SPOILER***designs....* WA, when is spoiler time over???

I felt so sorry for Ashley, it showed me that several of the women designers feel threatened. If they got rid of Ashley they might win....goofy in my books. I am really liking Laurie? more, she was pretty brave last night. I also thought that Blake was pretty brave sticking up for Ashley. That whole picture of Ashley hugging Blake reminded me of Alexei Yagudin and his coach Tatiana Tarasova. Someone said that some day Tarasova might smother Alexei in her fur coat. :laugh:

WA said:
Best team challenge in ages

I agree WA, the guys & lady did a super job, no threats there.

Actually, I would have sent Candace home just for being an instigator but then I thought "I'm being a mean girl" :laugh: and I am interested in some of her fashions but not last night's design for her "San Francisco Woman." Candace is getting a little on my nerves with the "fierce" comments.....stealing that from Christian Siriano.

I am having a change of heart with Blake and his designs. Is anyone else??

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
****SPOILER***designs....* WA, when is spoiler time over???

I felt so sorry for Ashley, it showed me that several of the women designers feel threatened. If they got rid of Ashley they might win....goofy in my books. I am really liking Laurie? more, she was pretty brave last night. I also thought that Blake was pretty brave sticking up for Ashley. That whole picture of Ashley hugging Blake reminded me of Alexei Yagudin and his coach Tatiana Tarasova. Someone said that some day Tarasova might smother Alexei in her fur coat. :laugh:

I agree WA, the guys & lady did a super job, no threats there.

Actually, I would have sent Candace home just for being an instigator but then I thought "I'm being a mean girl" :laugh: and I am interested in some of her fashions but not last night's design for her "San Francisco Woman." Candace is getting a little on my nerves with the "fierce" comments.....stealing that from Christian Siriano.

I am having a change of heart with Blake and his designs. Is anyone else??

I usually can't watch it until they post it, but I'm the kind who unwraps Christmas presents early (and then re-wrap them--of course!), so spoilers? I speeeeet on your spoilers! But other people may feel differently. ;)

ETA: What Blake did design wise was nice but not earth shattering. And last week's parachute dress still remains a monstrosity. But I will say this whole "dumb gay boy from the sticks" routine is just stupid squared. He seemed much more genuine confronting the mean girls posse--and far less irritating.

Last edited:

heyang

Record Breaker
The Boys and Merline had a great collection. Loved Edmund's and Swapnil's. Right now, I'd like to see both of them in the finale....

Blake's outfit this week was better than the prior week - maybe because he had the help of others in editing and he did a nice job painting all of the flowers. It was funny that he didn't get a speck of paint on himself ...... I was proud that he stood up for Ashley. I would imagine that he was bullied himself and is now at a point in his life where he won't allow others to be steamrolled.

The ladies were all hot messes IMHO. While I understand how Ashley would be upset being picked last...... especially since she's won 2 challenges AND has never been in the bottom. Given her PR success, it was personal that she was picked last, but as Kelly said, fashion is brutal and you have to have a thick skin. Loved that Laurie called the others out on how they weren't competing during the pick - the 4 definitely seemed to feel more 'entitled' to do what they wanted to do. Also , glad that Candace got called out for making up a theme at the very last moment.... I wonder if anyone mentioned how she tried to give everyone advice, as well, as evidence of leadership.....