Project Runway - Season 14 - August 6, 2015 at 9-8central | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Project Runway - Season 14 - August 6, 2015 at 9-8central

loopy

Final Flight
It's not often mean girls have their true colors showing so brightly! I hope this doesn't derail Ashley in future episodes. It will be hard to live with women who were so catty day in and day out now that she knows what they really think and to focus on her work. Kudos to Laurie for speaking out and to Blake for his sticking up for her too.

San Francisco woman? That made me laugh out loud. What a stretch.

The dip dye /ombre was pretty, I think more of the winning collection should have used that technique.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's not often mean girls have their true colors showing so brightly!

Hopefully, they got the message and will treat Ashley better. I hope she wins again to seal the package. I'm surprised at Candace being a part of that whole thing. I guess it just showed me that the mean girls don't have confidence in their designs.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I guess there really isn't much to say about Heidi's Annual Slave Labor for One of Her Brand Lines challenge is there? My Mom was a certified bra fitter for years (we used to "bust" her about it all the time, heh heh!), and I know those bras are little engineering marvels. But a real lackluster episode. At least we won't have to do deal with the dumb himbo act anymore. So there is an up(lift) side! :)

loopy

Final Flight
My daughter said Blake's model looked like she had water balloons on her bra. I was really surprised Ashley didn't win. Marlene's bra was cockeyed.

There is a huge push for following dress code (even an assembly for "ladies") at her school right now and we thought Sawpnil's would be a good bra to wear to break dress code (rule to break: no bra straps showing).

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
My daughter said Blake's model looked like she had water balloons on her bra. I was really surprised Ashley didn't win. Marlene's bra was cockeyed.

There is a huge push for following dress code (even an assembly for "ladies") at her school right now and we thought Sawpnil's would be a good bra to wear to break dress code (rule to break: no bra straps showing).

I was surprised Ashley didn't win, too. Hers was the only set I'd wear both pieces.

Last edited:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
At least we won't have to do deal with the dumb himbo act anymore. So there is an up(lift) side! :)

Your answer was soooooooo firm & uplifting!! Darn, he was starting to grow on me!!

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did the right person go home last night and if you think yes or no, then why???

heyang

Record Breaker
Did the right person go home last night and if you think yes or no, then why???

I think so.... He really hasn't produced anything exciting from week to week.

If Swapnil is only working at 60%, I can't imagine what he would do with 100% effort.

Really liked all of the top 3 outfits. I thought Ashley's was the most creative as far as handling the materials, but I can understand how they picked the winner because she really made it not look like metal tubing.

I actually thought Laurie's would be in the bottom instead of Swapnil's.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought Lindsey should have gone home. Her design was terrible and I thought she was going home. At least Joseph made an effort to design out of his comfort zone, which I'm sure was very difficult for him.

I couldn't believe how arrogant Swapnil was, He should have kept his strategy to himself.

loopy

Final Flight
I think Lindsey is still there because she looks a little like Taylor Swift. Yawn on her designs though. This challenge was really snooze worthy. Asheley's was cute aside from the weirdly low belly blow out in the front. not even attractive on the model. Candice has the weird octopus illusion on the front. Edmonds at least had a sense of humor - what a goth Dolly Parton would have worn on 9 to 5. Joseph had a badly made tardis. Kelly's dress was a nice use of materials - but I have that dress in black from the Macy's holiday clearance rack from 2007. Laurie took a swiffer duster and painted it black. The front of Lindsey's ... it looks like she used a leftover bow from the bra challenge on the top and ziplock baggies for the skirt and a duct tape belt. Merline made hers at summer camp and ran out of materials, you could see undies in the back! Swapnil's = Jane from Tarzan of the future. I like how Swapnil is bored, even cigarettes can't ease his pain.

Adding - ha ha at making them push their shopping carts. That was the best part.

heyang

Record Breaker
I think Lindsey is still there because she looks a little like Taylor Swift. Yawn on her designs though. This challenge was really snooze worthy. Asheley's was cute aside from the weirdly low belly blow out in the front. not even attractive on the model. Candice has the weird octopus illusion on the front. Edmonds at least had a sense of humor - what a goth Dolly Parton would have worn on 9 to 5. Joseph had a badly made tardis. Kelly's dress was a nice use of materials - but I have that dress in black from the Macy's holiday clearance rack from 2007. Laurie took a swiffer duster and painted it black. The front of Lindsey's ... it looks like she used a leftover bow from the bra challenge on the top and ziplock baggies for the skirt and a duct tape belt. Merline made hers at summer camp and ran out of materials, you could see undies in the back! Swapnil's = Jane from Tarzan of the future. I like how Swapnil is bored, even cigarettes can't ease his pain.

Adding - ha ha at making them push their shopping carts. That was the best part.

Overall, I think Lindsey as been more creative than the guy who got eliminated. They've been calling his designs matronly from the start. Lindsey was in the top 3 at least once. I don't see her as making it to the finale, but I think she has more to offer than the guy eliminated.

heyang

Record Breaker
Anyone still watching? I was bummed that Edmund was eliminated although I understand why..... Hope Tim Gunn uses his save.

Overall, it's a good group of finalists.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anyone still watching? I was bummed that Edmund was eliminated although I understand why..... Hope Tim Gunn uses his save.

Overall, it's a good group of finalists.

Oh No....Edmund got eliminated!! I didn't watch the last episode yet.....I really wanted to see a collection from him.

heyang

Record Breaker
Oh No....Edmund got eliminated!! I didn't watch the last episode yet.....I really wanted to see a collection from him.

Heidi did mention that Tim still has his save. I'd be stunned if he didn't use it on Edmund. The judges said they had been looking forward to seeing a collection from him, but they had to eliminate him based solely on that latest challenge.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
but they had to eliminate him based solely on that latest challenge.

I have been concerned about Edmund & Ashley. I thought the plus size would be a no brainer for Ashley and she choked!! I normally record my favorite shows when I'm not able to watch. Our cable station is going all digital and they say you can't record digital. The only way is to rent the dvr....which burns me. I am so angry with the cable station. :mad:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I've been watching--I will watch until they yank it off the tv altogether. I thought the whole :drama: around Swapnil was just a new low for them. And Tim just lost a huge amount of credibility, at least in my eyes.

Puhleeeeze, Edmond is going to get the "Tim Gunn Save"--because this show should really be called Project Producer-Manipulated :drama:

On the other hand, it's been wonderful to see Kelly bloom. And I think the real winner of the season is Aube, who is one of the best models they've had on here for years.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've been watching--I will watch until they yank it off the tv altogether. I thought the whole :drama: around Swapnil was just a new low for them. And Tim just lost a huge amount of credibility, at least in my eyes.
WA, can you elaborate on what you're talking about with Swapnil.

Puhleeeeze, Edmond is going to get the "Tim Gunn Save"--because this show should really be called Project Producer-Manipulated :drama:
So glad Tim gave Edmond the "save." I am rooting for Edmund & Ashley, then I root for Ashley & Edmond. I think anyone who has the determination to audition every year for PR deserves to win, (not really but that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :yes: I'm hoping for Ashley and her plus size collection. As it was said she is making history on the show.

Excited for the show tonight!!! :cheer:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
WA, can you elaborate on what you're talking about with Swapnil.

So glad Tim gave Edmond the "save." I am rooting for Edmund & Ashley, then I root for Ashley & Edmond. I think anyone who has the determination to audition every year for PR deserves to win, (not really but that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :yes: I'm hoping for Ashley and her plus size collection. As it was said she is making history on the show.

Excited for the show tonight!!! :cheer:

Swapnil starts out the season being in the top three like every single week, and then suddenly, with no warning at all, the judges and Tim are all, You lazy bum who doesn't deserve the privilege of being on our game show that we pretend is Your Gateway to Fashion Fame and Fortune. And then Tim blowing up in one of the most contrived scenes ever staged--and I do mean staged--with his f bomb and the like. Good Lord, community theater has better acting!

And I actually like this season a lot. I'm rooting also for Kelly. The only one I can't stand is Candice, who really is Gretchen 2.0. But I would be fine with any of the other three winning. It's a good season when you have NO CLUE who will win the finale.

I'll watch it tomorrow online when they post it.

heyang

Record Breaker
Swapnil starts out the season being in the top three like every single week, and then suddenly, with no warning at all, the judges and Tim are all, You lazy bum who doesn't deserve the privilege of being on our game show that we pretend is Your Gateway to Fashion Fame and Fortune. And then Tim blowing up in one of the most contrived scenes ever staged--and I do mean staged--with his f bomb and the like. Good Lord, community theater has better acting!

And I actually like this season a lot. I'm rooting also for Kelly. The only one I can't stand is Candice, who really is Gretchen 2.0. But I would be fine with any of the other three winning. It's a good season when you have NO CLUE who will win the finale.

I'll watch it tomorrow online when they post it.

Some of the designers' personalities don't work for Project Runway's grueling schedule. He may have started out well and just got tired of the grind. Swapnil admitted during confessional that he wasn't working at 100% effort, which I'm sure is frustrating to anyone who appreciated his talents. They are all talented, but not all of them thrive under the pressure of conceptualizing a dress around an assignment , designing and constructing in a short amount of time. Add the stress of being surrounded by various personalities, away from home, surrounded by your competition and it can just wear on a person.