Kavita Lorenz & Panagiotis Polizoakis | Golden Skate

Kavita Lorenz & Panagiotis Polizoakis

tulosai

Record Breaker
Kavita Lorenz and Panagiotis (Joti) Polizoakis are German ice dancers. Lorenz was born on Sep 5, 1995, in Berlin, Germany, while Polizoakis was born on Jun 9, 1995 in Bietigheim-Bissingen, Germany. The team did not compete during the 2018-19 season.

I have really enjoyed watching this new team at Nebelhorn! I think they have amazing programs and a lot of potential for the future!

Biographical Information and Social Media (Thank you to CaroLiza_Fan for much of this information!!)

These two teamed up in May 2015. Joti was previously a singles skater; Kavita had never competed internationally but had dabbled in both singles and ice dance (with Evgeni Kholoniuk).

ISU Biography
Kavita's Wiki
Joti's Wiki

Official Facebook Page
Joti's Twitter
Kavita's Twitter
Joti's Instagram
Kavita's Instagram

June 2016 Update​

Personal Best Total Score138.6631.03.2016ISU World Championships 2016
Personal Best Score Short Dance55.0628.01.2016ISU European Championships 2016
Personal Best Score Free Dance84.6826.09.2015ISU CS Nebelhorn Trophy 2015

Programs

2015-16
SD Waltz, Polka, Waltz, Foxtrot, March from The Sound of Music (soundtrack) by Richard Rodgers; choreo by Igor Shpilband
FD Amelie (soundtrack) by Yann Tiersen; choreo by Igor Shpilband

2016 Worlds SD
2016 Worlds FD

2016 Europeans SD
2016 Europeans FD

2015 Warsaw Cup SD
2015 Warsaw Cup FD (first team in the group

2015 Nepela Trophy SD
2015 Nepela Trophy FD

2015 Nebelhorn SD
2015 Nebelhorn FD

COMPETITIVE HISTORY

2016 World Championships. 17th
2016. ISU European Championships 14th
2016. German National Championships . 1st
2015 ISU CS Warsaw Cup Warsaw 5th
2015 Open d' Andorra Canillo 1st
2015 ISU CS O. Nepela Trophy Bratislava 5th
2015 ISU CS Nebelhorn Trophy Oberstdorf 4th

EXHIBITIONS
2015 Nebelhorn Gala

THE PAST

Kavita and Former Partner Ievgen Kholoniuk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-Fu6E6Dw7s

Kavita skating alone
2012 Musicals on Ice - Cinema Italiano and Nine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa4dQ6dc3cg

Joti as a Singles Skater
2015 NRW Trophy SP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EyukLfCgoI

2013 JGP Baltic Cup FS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1EzURj3cr0

INTERVIEWS AND ARTICLES

2015 Interview with Igor Shpilband about Kavita and Joti
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x37lsgz_igor-shpilband-interview-nebelhorn-2015_sport

2016 The team reunites!
http://www.sportal.de/eistanz-meist...olizoakis-machen-weiter-1-2016060962854100000

Last edited by a moderator:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I just watched them skate the free. I'd never seen them before this competition, but I think they have great potential!

Duality

On the Ice
I heard that they were in singles before? These results are incredible especially considering that they are new couple and are from singles. I remember someone wrote that Stavitskaya and Shibnev results prove that ice dancing isn't some sort of freeskating without jumps but it seems that LP results can prove otherwise:p Just joking, but still it's incredible.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I heard that they were in singles before? These results are incredible especially considering that they are new couple and are from singles. I remember someone wrote that Stavitskaya and Shibnev results prove that ice dancing isn't some sort of freeskating without jumps but it seems that LP results can prove otherwise:p Just joking, but still it's incredible.

You're nearly right. The Nebelhorn was Joti's first competition as an Ice Dancer after switching from Singles. But Kavita has been Ice Dancing for a few seasons.

Here is what I wrote about them a couple of weeks ago in the thread about Joti's personal life:

They only got together in May, and their first competition will be the Nebelhorn Trophy. As they haven't competed internationally yet, they don't have an ISU Bio.

However, they do have a Facebook page.

Kavita was previously partnered by Evgeni Kholoniuk. And before that, she was a Singles skater. She has never competed internationally, so does not have any ISU Bios. But, she does have a Stats On Ice bio.

This is Joti's first foray into Ice Dance. Up to this season, he was a Singles skater (ISU Bio).

"Joti" is a contraction of "Panagiotis" (Well, Greek names probably don't roll off German tongues very well!)​

From: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...i-Polizoakis&p=1216286&viewfull=1#post1216286

However, now that they have made their international debut at the Nebelhorn, they do have an ISU Bio:

http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00035158.htm

Hope this adds a bit of extra insight into their background.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Wow thank you for all the information!! I hope you will not mind if I add some of it to the original post:)

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wow thank you for all the information!! I hope you will not mind if I add some of it to the original post:)

Don't be silly. :laugh: Of course I won't mind! ;) :biggrin:

In fact I'm delighted to know that what little info I could find out about them was useful!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hey, if you want something to fill out the OP a bit since they don't have many results, you could always talk about Joti's name.

Joti's name in Greek lettering is Παναγιώτης Πολυζωάκης. The "official" transliteration (which is used in his ISU Bio) is "Panagiotis Polizoakis". But, traditionally, his first name would have been transliterated as "Panayiotis". This transliteration is more useful for us non-Greek speakers, as it shows how the name is pronounced! ;) :biggrin:

And the traditional transliteration also makes it more obvious where the shortened version of his name came from. "J" in German is pronounced the way "Y" is pronounced in English. Therefore, his shortened name is pronounced "Yoti".

Anyway, if you want the full story about his first name, there is a page about it on Wikipedia. But, the gist of it is that it is derived from Παναγία ("Panagia" / "Panayia"), the Greek term for the virgin Mary.

And the reason I already knew that is because there are LOTS of places in Cyprus named "Panayia"! ;) :biggrin:

Which reminds me, I have still to do a write-up about Polina Ustinova's Copernicus Stars FS for the Team Cyprus Fan Fest...

Right, gotta go!

CaroLiza_fan

tulosai

Record Breaker
Thanks again CaroLiza_Fan!! Very interesting stuff! I've updated the post :biggrin:

gmjzm123

Spectator
I was so impressed! I've heard they are doing great but this was awesome! They look great together as a couple... Kind of like Virtue/Moir. I love the speed and they seem to have a close connection to each other. They are a very promising couple for the future and I think the dancers should watch out. They can get really big in the next 2 years...

tulosai

Record Breaker
Best of luck to these two at Euros tomorrow! I hope they've been able to improve and that they might be able to have a top 10 finish here!

gmjzm123

Spectator
That's awesome. Just saw their skates. I love them!! They remind me a little bit of Virtue/Moir.
Excited to see what they'll bring next season.

- - - Updated - - -

Is Joti the one who is dating Johnny Weir's ex?

Yes it's him.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Figure Skating Online Interview

Here is an older interview of the two. It was published on Figure Skating Online, so all credit´s to them.

Kavita Lorenz/Joti Polizoakis: “We felt good together on the ice after the first few minutes” Kavita Lorenz and Joti Polizoakis are Germany’s newest ice dance couple. They just teamed up this spring and are training in Novi, Michigan, under Igor Shpilband.

Joti: In the long run, we want to win international medals in our career.

Q: Thank you very much for the interview and all the best for your future!

The interview can be read here:

Source

Last edited by a moderator:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Best of luck to them in the SP today!!! They had a pretty good draw and will be late in the third group :) Hopefully they will qualify for the Free Skate :love:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Bad news I'm afraid - they've split. :shocked: :jaw: :cry: :sad4: :hpull:

Statement from Kavita:

Dear friends and supporters,
Unfortunately I have to announce that the Ice Dance partnership between Joti and me has been ended.
I would like to thank my family, coaches, friends and sponsors for such an incredible year.
Thank you for your emotional support,and for believing in us.
Throughout this year I have learned a lot and I am grateful for every moment. It was an amazing experience I will never forget.
Although my partnership with Panagiotis Polizoakis has ended , I will not give up my dream. I am now looking for a new Ice Dance partner to be able to continue my journey.

Thank you,
Kavita

Source: https://www.facebook.com/kavita.lorenz/posts/1294267683918621

Such a shame. With how well they were doing so early into their partnership, especially with Joti being completely new to Ice Dance, I was expecting great things from them.

I wish them both all the best for the future.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
:jaw: I am honestly shocked by this. For a new team they were doing very well, and they're from a federation that does defray most training costs so it's unlikely the split was for financial reasons. What a pity.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
:jaw: I am honestly shocked by this. For a new team they were doing very well, and they're from a federation that does defray most training costs so it's unlikely the split was for financial reasons. What a pity.
I am also very surprised. And disappointed too. I liked them quite a lot although their first season programs were really standard. The split must be for personal reasons, but it's hard to believe that they had strong disagreements. I remember they said they had been friends for years before starting to skate together, so it could not have been a character incompatibility. But what do we know.