Rules about content of footwork | Golden Skate

Rules about content of footwork

mrrice

Record Breaker
Hello all, I have a question regarding the content of footwork. Are half loops and one foot axel's considered jumps or can they incorporated into foot work sequences? Thanks in advance.

gkelly

Record Breaker
Hello all, I have a question regarding the content of footwork. Are half loops and one foot axel's considered jumps or can they incorporated into foot work sequences? Thanks in advance.

They are nonlisted jumps.

Jumps with more than 1/2 revolution are not allowed in short program step sequences, but they are allowed in free program step sequences/choreo sequences.

vlaurend

Final Flight
More specifically, a half loop is considered an unlisted jump and does not take up a jump box IF it's done as part of a step sequence. It counts as a jump (a single loop) if done as part of a jump element (such as flip, half loop, salchow, which counts as 1F+1Lo+1S).

mrrice

Record Breaker
More specifically, a half loop is considered an unlisted jump and does not take up a jump box IF it's done as part of a step sequence. It counts as a jump (a single loop) if done as part of a jump element (such as flip, half loop, salchow, which counts as 1F+1Lo+1S).

Thanks gkelly and vlaurend for the responses. They were very helpful.

gkelly

Record Breaker
Oh, sorry, I see you said one-foot axels. I was thinking inside axels.

Inside axels are non-list jumps.

One-foot axels (forward outside takeoff, back inside landing on the same foot) are considered single axels, especially in a jump combination followed by a salchow or flip.

I can say with confidence that they are not allowed in short program jump sequences at any level and that they are allowed in senior choreo sequences.

I am not sure how they would be considered in a leveled step sequence in a free program, or in a choreographic step sequence at lower levels in the US or anywhere else that may use that element at lower levels.