Favorite Movies, TV Shows, and Video Games! | Golden Skate

Favorite Movies, TV Shows, and Video Games!

actualrealliveanna

On the Ice
I figured since we have so many threads dedicated to books, why not start one dedicated to movies, TV programs, and video games? If you have any favorites, feel free to share them here -- perhaps we can get some discussions about them going :dance3:

I'll start by listing my favorite in each category:
Movie: Frozen (big surprise)
TV Show: Criminal Minds, atm
Video Game: Until Dawn

I hope to hear about everyone's favorites!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't play video games, and I don't watch a whole lot of TV (except for figure skating coverage, Jeopardy!, the local/national/international news, concerts & documentaries on PBS)

Favorite movie - Fantasia (the original from 1940)

actualrealliveanna

On the Ice
I don't play video games, and I don't watch a whole lot of TV (except for figure skating coverage, Jeopardy!, the local/national/international news, concerts & documentaries on PBS)

Favorite movie - Fantasia (the original from 1940)

Fantasia is wonderful! One of my favorite Disney movies for sure :)

MalAssada

Medalist
I'm so going to enjoy this thread...

My favourite videogames are The Last of Us, Heavy Rain and last year's Tomb Raider. Also, I watched the walkthrough of Until Dawn on youtube and loved it. Recently finished Life is Strange. Waiting the last settlement of Game of Thrones.

I love tv shows, mainly criminal ones, such as Criminal Minds and Castle. I also watch Doctor Who, Downton Abbey and Sherlock. Up to 5th season, my favourite TV show was Game of Thrones. They ruined it this year. I read the five books, too. Started when I was 15 - it was the first "long" book I read in English. Now it is the only language I read.

Movies... Usually criminal too. Sometimes comedies (White Chicks is my ultimate favourite). No horror, thank you very much.

actualrealliveanna

On the Ice
I'm so going to enjoy this thread...

My favourite videogames are The Last of Us, Heavy Rain and last year's Tomb Raider. Also, I watched the walkthrough of Until Dawn on youtube and loved it. Recently finished Life is Strange. Waiting the last settlement of Game of Thrones.

I love tv shows, mainly criminal ones, such as Criminal Minds and Castle. I also watch Doctor Who, Downton Abbey and Sherlock. Up to 5th season, my favourite TV show was Game of Thrones. They ruined it this year. I read the five books, too. Started when I was 15 - it was the first "long" book I read in English. Now it is the only language I read.

Movies... Usually criminal too. Sometimes comedies (White Chicks is my ultimate favourite). No horror, thank you very much.
I think we're going to get along great, because Until Dawn is my current fave and Life is Strange is just amazing.

Who is your favorite character from each game? And Criminal Minds as well?

MalAssada

Medalist
I'll confess that I don't remember the name of the characters from Until Down (like I said, I didn't play it, just watched online). Oh, it must have been the psychologist, even though he isn't real. He creeped me out and the hallucination scene was very interesting.
Don't kill me, but I don't actually liked Chloe as much as everyone. I guess she just died too many times. Kate is probably my favourite, because I can relate to her situation.
In Criminal Minds, Spencer. He is so great, and again I can relate in the mother with poor mental health situation (although mine, gratefully, isn't schizophrenic).

Have you played The Last of Us or Heavy Rain? Beside being great games, their soundtracks would work fantasticaly as SP and LP of a skating program.

actualrealliveanna

On the Ice
Kate is my favorite in Life is Strange as well! And my favorite Until Dawn character is Ashley. As for Criminal Minds, I love Spencer and JJ.

I have watched playthroughs of both! The Last of Us could work really well - have you played Beyond Two Souls? Jodie's Suite from that would make for a stunning program.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Fantasia is wonderful! One of my favorite Disney movies for sure :)

I also really like Fantasia 2000, especially for the Gershwin part & Noah's Ark (Donald Duck helps Noah get the animals into the ark to the music of Pomp & Circumstance :rofl2:). Other favorite movies - The Sound of Music, Mr. Holland's Opus, The American President, Apollo 13, The King's Speech, My Fair Lady, most of the Rodgers & Hammerstein musicals (The King & I, Oklahoma, South Pacific) ...

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is anyone watching tv show Quantico on Sunday nights??? If so, what do you think about it??

I love Survivor, Amazing Race, Project Runway and almost any PBS show that has to do with Do It Yourself. I love the PBS documentaries too. I wanted to watch the series Indian Summer but haven't had the chance to watch. :mad:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Some Favorite movies:
Bottle Shock
Greenfingers
The Illusionist
Cave of the Yellow Dog
Strictly Ballroom
Impromptu
Secretariat
All Kieslowski films esp Double Life of Veronique
And (gasp) Twilight

Current TV shows:
Like PBS but choosy about what I watch...My best pics past & present are:
Zen
Death in Paradise
Indian Summers
Rumpole & Summer's Lease (John Mortimer)
Shetland
Page Eight Turks & Caicos (Worricker series)
NOT Downton Abbey I'm afraid but can't really say why exactly
Others:
The Last Kingdom tho it's violent It's better than Game of Thrones IMO
Project Runway
Law & Order
Charlie Rose

No video games

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
(Some) Favorite Movies:
Forrest Gump
Walt Disney's Sleeping Beauty
Jurassic Park (1&2)
Lilo & Stitch
The Help
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Home Alone 2
The Holiday
Star Wars Original Trilogy
Relative Values
Dead Poets Society

Favorite TV shows:
Terriers (only lasted 13 episodes but it was robbed of any chance to do well, it is on Netflix!)
Friends
MASH
The Blacklist
Arrow
The Big Bang Theory
Last Man Standing
Home Improvement
House M.D.
Law & Order
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

I dont really do video games anymore. Loved Oregon Trail (and Yukon Trail) as a kid.

Last edited:

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
Just got into House reruns which I'm enjoying very much..

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Just got into House reruns which I'm enjoying very much..

I loved it when it was the original trio, as they mixed up the cast later in the series I lost interest even though House and Wilson are awesome.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I loved it when it was the original trio, as they mixed up the cast later in the series I lost interest even though House and Wilson are awesome.

Toni, I love it when you post :love: ....I've missed you!!

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States

I must have started watching in the middle of the series.... I find it a great relief from the over abundance of crime drama reruns on TV now..

dna5019

Final Flight
Some favorite movies:
The Lord of the Rings
Jurassic Park
Indiana Jones (1-3; 4th one, why?? :disapp: )
Original Star Wars Trilogy
Studio Ghibli! Especially Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away and Castle in the Sky! :biggrin:

No TV Shows. I watch for the weather, and nothing else. :p

Video Games:
Final Fantasy series (very fond of VI, VII, and IX :biggrin: )
Legend of Zelda (Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess :love: )
Skyrim (Elder Scrolls)
Assassin's Creed

There's more, but these are the first that came to mind.

Last edited:

actualrealliveanna

On the Ice
I also really like Fantasia 2000, especially for the Gershwin part & Noah's Ark (Donald Duck helps Noah get the animals into the ark to the music of Pomp & Circumstance :rofl2:). Other favorite movies - The Sound of Music, Mr. Holland's Opus, The American President, Apollo 13, The King's Speech, My Fair Lady, most of the Rodgers & Hammerstein musicals (The King & I, Oklahoma, South Pacific) ...

Yes to all those movie musicals!!! Apollo 13 is great as well :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Toni, I love it when you post :love: ....I've missed you!!

I'm not following skating much these days - Doris messaged me on facebook and let me know Keegan was skating in Skate Canada so I popped onto the boards for that. Not sure I'll be around long/much... but it's nice to be missed. ;)