Programs for Duhamel & Radford next year? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Programs for Duhamel & Radford next year?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Hehe but R/K are one of a kind :) I'll re-watch their polka. Haven't seen it in a long time. I fear a lot will attempt valse triste this year but I doubt many will do as great as a job as R/K.
That's why the Rahkamo / Kokko clip is instructive.

Picture it as she has had too much to drink, and he is the (perhaps a bit stuffy) designated driver, tasked with getting her home safe. Or perhaps Ieva's dad/older brother/ uncle...

And the audience will surely clap through the whole thing. :)

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
I fear a lot will attempt valse triste this year

This makes me very happy! :yahoo: Valse Triste is my favorite piece of classical music and it frankly doesn't get used enough. Hoping Evgenia or Yulia uses it. :yes:

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Rahkamo and Kokko were definitely a team in a million. One of my all time favorites!

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Not knowing the relationships towards each other, of the countries of Scandinavia (only been to Helsinki once), would something with an ABBA feel (even though Swedish) be pleasing or not to Finns?

gmyers

Record Breaker
oh please. as if everyone needs to express their joy the same way... eric is calmer. that's all. you think that S/K express their feelings the same ? What about S/H? Most often the lady is the one with the big smiles and the man is more serious... so actually, perhaps they are just like the other pairs you like so much ;)

Who cares about s/k? They are losers who didnt even medal and their careers may be over.

You mean like Tat & Maxim, trying to do a traditional dance they know nothing about, but attempting to be persuasive in their approach? What an authentic experience that was, which I would equate to a morning ritual.

Bravo...great "acting", while in reality, knowing nothing. Worked for me! :noshake:

Who cares about v/t either? Why bring them up at all. They are totally irrelevent now and their careers are in the past. Not the future in all likelihood. Can't d/r be criticized. Is their flawless perfect so pronounced in every way?!

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
it's a beautiful piece for sure... I love it too... but after R/K and V/M... who can truly do it? Yulia... probably....
This makes me very happy! :yahoo: Valse Triste is my favorite piece of classical music and it frankly doesn't get used enough. Hoping Evgenia or Yulia uses it. :yes:

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Who cares about s/k? They are losers who didnt even medal and their careers may be over. Who cares about v/t either? Why bring them up at all. They are totally irrelevent now and their careers are in the past. Not the future in all likelihood. Can't d/r be criticized. Is their flawless perfect so pronounced in every way?!

I hear a Troll but I will ignore it! Don't Feed A Troll...Don't Feed A Troll!

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
sometimes, there are stories like in very classical ballet but more than often, especially with modern dancing, there is NO story

"story" is not acting.

why would I blame D/R to skate a modern athletic style on a pop song? It would actually be ridiculous to have it acted out.

No it wouldn't be ridiculous to have it acted out, what makes you say that? "Acting it out" what they were trying to do with it, at times, through their movement and expression. Not their main concern of course but there was an intent and that intent needs to remain important in the sport and be given its due by the competitors.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
That post reminds me of other song possibilities we might want to consider; from Frozen, "Let It Go", or another by Frankie Goes to Hollywood, "Relax", or that Country and Western classic, "How Can I Miss You If You Won't Go Away?" :dev2:

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
thank you... saves me from writing :)
That post reminds me of other song possibilities we might want to consider; from Frozen, "Let It Go", or another by Frankie Goes to Hollywood, "Relax", or that Country and Western classic, "How Can I Miss You If You Won't Go Away?" :dev2: