2018 U.S. Nationals in San Jose, CA, Info | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018 U.S. Nationals in San Jose, CA, Info

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When I tried to get into the Arena Hotel and others on line, I got the sold out song and dance, when they meant they werent booking that far out on line yet.
If you did call the Arena hotel direct, you might check if there is a waiting list as people cancel due to unforeseen circumstances....I wonder if the other hotels have been
tied up by the LOC to some extent?
Nothing wrong with an Airbnb though....except that most dont have unlimited bacon! :agree:

Thanks, Chris. I think I'll stay with airbnb, I'm half a block from the Arena hotel anyway, less money and I get a kitchenette where I can cook all the bacon I want, lol.

KatGrace1925

Medalist
YES!!! As a CA native I will be there, I was hoping Nationals would be in CA soon, this is going to be exciting!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thanks, Chris. I think I'll stay with airbnb, I'm half a block from the Arena hotel anyway, less money and I get a kitchenette where I can cook all the bacon I want, lol.

And WHAT am I going to do with you? $110 a night, extended stay rate, someone to cook all the breakfast you want, including unlimited bacon, and a hot tub? :laugh:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
And WHAT am I going to do with you? $110 a night, extended stay rate, someone to cook all the breakfast you want, including unlimited bacon, and a hot tub? :laugh:

I know I'm sold! All that's left now is for CoyoteChris to buy me a programme booklet at the arena. :cool14:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
We made our reservation at the Arena yesterday. I look forward to meeting you all!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
We made our reservation at the Arena yesterday. I look forward to meeting you all!

Glad you could still get in! sabinfire and Mrs. P are the social directors. You will recognize them instantly because:
1. They look like Fred Astaire and Ginger Rodgers
2. They will have yellow hats with a piece of bacon embroidered on them

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
San Jose ticket hints.

Got my tickets for San Jose. A few hints.
1. If you are a doner to USFS ($50 min.) you got an email with a secret code and secret link, then you can buy your tickets by the point and shoot meathod, but you will need to set up a SAP account after choosing your seat. Just put in any club if you are prompted to put in a club (GSers will work) and you will be fine. If you still want to get in on the presale going on now, call up Brent at USFS intergallactic headquarters and see what he can do for you.
He is a great guy
Brent Diederich
Coordinator, Giving Programs
U.S. Figure Skating
20 First Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80906

Office: 719.228.3424
Mobile: 407.257.8351

2. If you chose to wait till Thursday 10 am Pacific to buy tickets, familiarize yourself with the seating chart and I would call the arena and ticketmaster in advance to see what their particular purcedures are and what you need.
http://www.skatesanjose2018.com/
http://www.sapcenter.com/www.sapcen...tingchampionships/2018usfigureskating-tickets

Good luck!
Coyote on the ice, row one, aisle seat.

noskates

Record Breaker
Chris - got our tickets based on what we had purchased in 2012. In fact, we got to move from the 9th row center ice to the 7th row - which is just about as close to the ice as I would want to be.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I received an email from USFS today with a pre-sale code SKATESJ for all event packages. Haven't bought anything yet, but just in case anyone needs the code.

ETA: Bought ticket for Section 218 (upper bowl), 3rd row aisle for just under $400 - on the KnC side of the arena. I will only be attending the senior events and the EX, but not too bad. If I had bought 1st row, it would've cost me more than double!

I know this is over a year out, but excited to attend this - I've never been to Nationals, especially before the Olympics!

Looked like some areas were blocked off for sale, imagine they will release them later.

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Chris - got our tickets based on what we had purchased in 2012. In fact, we got to move from the 9th row center ice to the 7th row - which is just about as close to the ice as I would want to be.

I have other friends who prefer to be higher than on the ice also. Its a different view many prefer. I need to be on an end due to neck issues so my head isnt swinging back and forth. But I like being in the first two rows. The SAP center is a great facility. 13 months to go.

temadd

Final Flight
I am in! I went to Stars on Ice this year and sat on the floor, 1st row, and loved being so close, so I am in the 2nd row x from the judges. 13 1/2 months is too long to wait!

kiches

Final Flight
I got an email today too, but have not donated to USFS, only competition I've attended domestically was Worlds in Boston. I may have received this email since I've gone to events at the SAP center, my pre-sale code was also different from apgold's and had a link to purchase through Ticketmaster. After viewing prices I think I'll pass, those lower bowl tickets are more than I'm willing to spend but there were a lot of good seats available when I checked around 10 AM. I think I'd prefer to put my money toward an international competition like a grand prix, but this is so close to home that it's really tempting.

Last edited:

temadd

Final Flight
I got an email today too, but am not a USFS doner. I may have received this email since I've gone to events at the SAP center, my pre-sale code was also different from apgold's and had a link to purchase through Ticketmaster. After viewing prices I think I'll pass, those lower bowl tickets are more than I'm willing to spend. I think I'd prefer to put my money toward an international competition like a grand prix, but this is so close to home that it's really tempting.

I definitely had a heart attack when I saw the price but to attend Nationals before the Olympics and Ashley Wagner's last one . . . I had to do it.

kiches

Final Flight
I definitely had a heart attack when I saw the price but to attend Nationals before the Olympics and Ashley Wagner's last one . . . I had to do it.

I know, I think Nationals before the Olympics would be very exciting, but I think I'd prefer to see international skaters over our domestic skaters. If the tickets were only for senior competition and cheaper for the upper bowl, I would consider purchasing now, especially if the price were more in-line with the cost of a Grand Prix for just senior competition. Until then I'll just have to wait to see if I can find something less or just buy individual events when they come out. I remember I checked the prices and availability for women's gymnastics Olympic trials for Rio that were held in San Jose this year far too late (had no idea they were happening), and tickets were sold out.

noskates

Record Breaker
Kiches - if I'm not mistaken, they've had the Olympic trials for women's gymnastics there before. Get on the email list for SAP Center and you'll know ahead of time when events are happening.

kiches

Final Flight
Kiches - if I'm not mistaken, they've had the Olympic trials for women's gymnastics there before. Get on the email list for SAP Center and you'll know ahead of time when events are happening.

I probably didn't have the means to go a couple years ago when it was in San Jose :laugh:. It was okay, I actually ended up having travel plans outside the US during the women's gymnastics trials anyway. I did know that 2018 nationals would be in San Jose though since my coworker forwarded me the email, she lives in the city and attends concerts there as well so I was on the look-out this time.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I am in! I went to Stars on Ice this year and sat on the floor, 1st row, and loved being so close, so I am in the 2nd row x from the judges. 13 1/2 months is too long to wait!

Isnt that a kick? My wife and I would get front row seats "on the ice" where you could shake hands with the skaters and when they werent active but standing on the edge, they would turn around and talk with you and ask how you were enjoying the show.
I swore I would never wash my hands after shaking Katia's hand but oh well, it wouldnt have been pretty if I didnt.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Curious if anyone else has received a phone call about buying tickets for San Jose. (I received a call today). My caller ID shows Sharks SAP Center. Just out of curiosity, I called back and talked to someone named Matt (phone 408-977-4736). He said I was called because I had gone online and indicated that I was interested in future info about 2018 Nationals (which is true). I had several questions which he answered, and he said he will most likely be manning a ticket sales booth at the KC Nationals for 2018. At first I was a little suspicious, but it definitely seemed to be on the up and up. I was also very happy to think that they are being proactive about selling tickets.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I've had a few people calling & emailing me from the SAP Center, a 'Matt' and an 'Erik'. I always let their calls go to voicemail, and they always follow up with an email immediately afterwards. At least the San Jose folks are interested in selling tickets — I can't even get ahold of USFS most of the time when I'm the one doing all the calling & emailing...