3rd World title for Duhamel and Radford? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

3rd World title for Duhamel and Radford?

TGee

Record Breaker
same deal for everyone... cleanest one wins ;)

Kurt Browning has said more than once [but especially after the Mens' SP splatfest in Sochi following Plushenko's withdrawal] that while it's nice to be at the top of the podium, competitors really prefer to win after everyone has skated their best.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
definitely... or at least, the top team skates well like D/R did last year. They were behind in the SP and needed that kind of magical skate and they delivered. I am fine with that too, despite the fact that the other teams weren't clean... but at the same time, the top 3 teams didn't have exactly bad performances, just one error....
Kurt Browning has said more than once [but especially after the Mens' SP splatfest in Sochi following Plushenko's withdrawal] that while it's nice to be at the top of the podium, competitors really prefer to win after everyone has skated their best.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pairs is just depressing this year with so many of the top teams injured or just plain not competing. D/R would have to totally bomb not to win Worlds again which is depressing to think about.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
it's the attitude of some posters that is depressive IMHO. I think it's quite exciting to see that D/R and S/M are both including the th3A into their programs. Also exciting is that we will get to know better some new pairs that otherwise vanish in the middle tier of the ranking. When everyone is back, we will have a lot of people to cheer for.
Pairs is just depressing this year with so many of the top teams injured or just plain not competing. D/R would have to totally bomb not to win Worlds again which is depressing to think about.

TGee

Record Breaker
it's the attitude of some posters that is depressive IMHO. I think it's quite exciting to see that D/R and S/M are both including the th3A into their programs. Also exciting is that we will get to know better some new pairs that otherwise vanish in the middle tier of the ranking. When everyone is back, we will have a lot of people to cheer for.

Clearly some folks aren't ready to get into the spirit of the "Which senior pair will seize the opportunity" thread....:dbana:

But absences post Sochi have been good for raising the technical quality of Ice Dance....Virtue and Moir have commented on their need to respond to this...

So, while I'll be missing the absent favourites, I'm really looking forward to seeing some of the promising mid-level pairs shine. [Already put in my two cents for James/Cipres...]

:popcorn:

Daniel1998

Final Flight
I think D/R's free program is by far the prettiest they've had in a while.
That being said, I REALLY want Savchenko to win worlds this year. I hope it happens, but Aliona needs to land some throws on one foot first.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I know right? :laugh: I was not expecting that to be Meagan's answer at all.

Psssh, lame answer Eric, is there anyone out there who likes to lose? ;)