Your top 5 skaters in skating skills | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Your top 5 skaters in skating skills

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
A shout out to John Curry and Robin Cousins. You can't look that beautiful if you don't have superior skating skills.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Takahashi
Lambiel
Yuna
Mao
Stolbova/Klimov deserve to be here too

Marin Honda looks promising

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I think that Satoko Miyahara skating skills are underrated.

bestolen

Rinkside
Ladies:

Anastasia Gubanova 10 - (Yeah, I know, sorry... don't laugh at me, she is only 14, but I can't handle myself, she is pure perfection :love::love::love: )
Carolina Kostner 10 :love:
Adelina Sotnikova 9.5
Maria Sotskova 8
Elena Radionova 8

What's your top five? :)

Excuse me.Maria Sotskova:jaw:
You are humiliating yourself,Sotskova has bad SS obviously.
I don't know why you mention her at this list.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Sorry, don't know where my head was---on my Ladies list I must include Mao!

That change of edge when she turns her body around and starts skating ''backwards'' (the last one in context of whole sequence) in that spiral in 2005 GPF Nutcracker FS still bewilders me! Extremely difficult but she made it look so easy & graceful, it really takes superb skating skills to pull it of that like Mao did when she was just 15.

https://youtu.be/k_Yy7V-q5jc?t=3m21s

Last edited:

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
That change of edge (the last one in context of whole sequence) in that spiral in 2005 GPF FS still bewilders me! Extremely difficult but she made it look so easy, it really takes skating skills to pull of that like Mao did when she was just 15.

And that is how a slide spiral should be properly done! It is done by sliding across the ice, not a cheat 3 turn. And she did it with a difficult and beautiful position effortlessly. No rush, no forced, just smooth and light like a breeze. #bringbackSpiralSequence

narcissa

Record Breaker
That change of edge when she turns her body around and starts skating ''backwards'' (the last one in context of whole sequence) in that spiral in 2005 GPF Nutcracker FS still bewilders me! Extremely difficult but she made it look so easy & graceful, it really takes superb skating skills to pull it of that like Mao did when she was just 15.

Oh my god.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I did a video with my top 5 skaters when it comes to artistry, in no particular order (Machida, Lambiel, Takahashi, Hanyu, Chan in the order they appear) :biggrin: I hope you enjoy it :)

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Thank you, Silvia451! Your video made my day!

Thank you so much, I am glad you liked it.
Some skaters push this sport near art. And it's nice to see they do it differently, from Dai's sensual, passionate moves to Yuzu's delicate floating and Machida's "philosophical skating" :agree2:

npavel

On the Ice

Ladies

Michelle Kwan
Dorothy Hamil
Sasha Cohen
Yuka Sato ...
Yuka Sato, yes, but Sasha Cohen? She has among the worst SS of all ladies that medalled at worlds in the current system, but not the only one. When I saw her live I had to move further away as I got so annoied at the skratchi noise of her blades. Not effertless att all! She had a lot of god qualities, really great abilities, but Skating Skills were not among them

Last edited:

KatGrace1925

Medalist
Chan
Hanyu
Brown
Uno
Chen

Gold
Asada
Kostner
Daleman
Medvedeva

I honestly find Chen's skating skills on every program he does without 5 quads to be fantastic. I think if we based judgement of him just on his current long he doesn't make a top five but looking at his other programs this year and over the past few years, the kid has skills.