Sotnikova named in Anti-Doping Report | Golden Skate

Sotnikova named in Anti-Doping Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlo2113

Rinkside
See:

Life Russia: (Translation: "Russia risks losing 12 Olympic medals in Sochi on new data from WADA")
http://bit.ly/2iK21Ow

DNI.RU: (Translation Sotnikova named on report)
https://www.dni.ru/sport/2016/12/22/356982.html

Link to WADA Report:
https://www.wada-ama.org/sites/default/files/resources/files/mclaren_report_part_ii_2.pdf

Korea Times is ON IT http://m.koreatimes.co.kr/phone/news/view.jsp?req_newsidx=220989

It appears they found "Type 1" evidence on her sample, which may indicate tampering.

Last edited:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Oh, you can count on TSL to jump on that bandwagon without looking at the actual evidence themselves. And this is already discussed in another thread, here's a link to that thread with my response as I don't want to repeat myself. http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?59544-Russian-doping-at-Sochi-exposed&p=1593360&viewfull=1#post1593360
I think it's very sad that so many are very ready to condemn Sotnikova. Innocent until proven guilty. There's a lot of evidence against Russia but not against Sotnikova.

frida80

Record Breaker
I feel sick. This can't be true. Please don't tell me that Julia or Plushy could be on that list.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
See:

Life Russia: (Translation: "Russia risks losing 12 Olympic medals in Sochi on new data from WADA")
http://bit.ly/2iK21Ow

DNI.RU: (Translation Sotnikova named on report)
https://www.dni.ru/sport/2016/12/22/356982.html

Link to WADA Report:
https://www.wada-ama.org/sites/defau..._part_ii_2.pdf

Korea Times is ON IT http://m.koreatimes.co.kr/phone/news...newsidx=220989

It appears they found "Type 1" evidence on her sample, which may indicate tampering.

I don't think she is named for "having doped." She is just one of many who are being further investigated, as I read it. What does "type 1" mean?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lolz....type 1 scratches are not enough evidence to suggest doping. I'd say if anything came out on Adelina the ISU will be the one to break it. People need to chill and stop speculating with unproven evidence.

Did TSL say something on this. I hope so and I hope they were wrong and publicly libeled someone. The end of that show is long overdue.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't think she is named for "having doped." She is just one of many who are being further investigated, as I read it. What does "type 1" mean?

In the McClaren report it says type one scratches are not conclusive evidence of doping without also type two scratches. It's based on how the forensic people recreated breaking into the bottles.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Lolz....type 1 scratches are not enough evidence to suggest doping. I'd say if anything came out on Adelina the ISU will be the one to break it. People need to chill and stop speculating with unproven evidence.

Did TSL say something on this. I hope so and I hope they were wrong and publicly libeled someone. The end of that show is long overdue.
TSL is always anti Russian regardless of the evidences. Even if the evidence is fake they still want to believe it. I'd say I am neutral about this. They should testify all of these samples and give us some official statements. So if the athletes are clean then there is no doubt. If the athletes indeed did something bad then they will have to pay.
At the moment we still need official statements. Should not jump on the board too soon.

shyne

Final Flight
Adelina is A0848, which has one marking for the "Forensic Reports", not sure what that means.

NaVi

Medalist
So i've known this since a a couple weeks before that Russian news report was even published(Here's one guy talking about it).... and held my tongue because I don't think much will come out of it.

She is specifically named for having doped for the 2014 Olympics. I don't quite see how the ISU couldn't give Yuna Kim the gold now.

Not so simple. Her EPD number was A0848 which wasn't on the list of those who had their samples swapped at Sochi. On this list of doping findings and how they were reported to WADA they don't indicate finding anything in her sample or reporting any result to WADA which seems to indicate that the sample is from late 2014ish(when she wasn't even competing) and that they might(probably) had not have even looked at it. The urine analysis of her sample(sample number 2888916) was normal(no abnormal sodium readings... OR DNA readings I think). Her bottle had a single Type 1 scratch when many other bottles had multiple scratches of both types.

Frankly, I don't think they can do much but do a retest the sample and make sure that it's actually her sample.

dlo2113

Rinkside

So i've known this since a a couple weeks before that Russian news report was even published(Here's one guy talking about it).... and held my tongue because I don't think much will come out of it.

Not so simple. Her EPD number was A0848 which wasn't on the list of those who had their samples swapped at Sochi. On this list of doping findings and how they were reported to WADA they don't indicate finding anything in her sample or reporting any result to WADA which seems to indicate that the sample is from late 2014ish(when she wasn't even competing) and that they might(probably) had not have even looked at it. The urine analysis of her sample(sample number 2888916) was normal(no abnormal sodium readings... OR DNA readings I think). Her bottle had a single Type 1 scratch when many other bottles had multiple scratches of both types.

Frankly, I don't think they can do much but do a retest the sample and make sure that it's actually her sample.

You're totally right, I'll edit my post. Thanks!

shyne

Final Flight
So basically, there really is no evidence of Adelina dopping or sample tampering. They found a horizontal mark on her urine sample which can be a result of lid being screwed on forcefully during the initial sample collection.

andromache

Record Breaker
TSL is always anti Russian regardless of the evidences. Even if the evidence is fake they still want to believe it. I'd say I am neutral about this. They should testify all of these samples and give us some official statements. So if the athletes are clean then there is no doubt. If the athletes indeed did something bad then they will have to pay.
At the moment we still need official statements. Should not jump on the board too soon.

TSL likes gossip and rumors about all skaters, not just the Russian ones. It's not the type of show for everyone.

Anyway, I'm very glad to read that there is nothing conclusive regarding Adelina. What would a skater take, anyway? Let's go after the people who there is conclusive evidence against. We don't have to jump on the Korean Times bandwagon.

ETA: My suspicion is that if there was one Russian skater doping, there would be more than one. This is, after all, the result of organized doping. But if there is only one inconclusive red flag against only one figure skater, I doubt that the red flag means anything. If it did, there would be red flags arising around other figure skaters too.

Also ETA: TSL is sharing the news coming from other news organizations from Russian, English, and Korean outlets. They aren't reporting this themselves, so if y'all are interesting in discussing the veracity of the reports, we should discuss where they are actually coming from instead of TSL. Obviously, the Korean Times one is super biased and overreaching. Meanwhile, I can't read the Russian ones.

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
TSL likes gossip and rumors about all skaters, not just the Russian ones. It's not the type of show for everyone.
Anyway, I'm very glad to read that there is nothing conclusive regarding Adelina. What would a skater take, anyway? Let's go after the people who there is conclusive evidence against. We don't have to jump on the Korean Times bandwagon.
I have seen enough from TSL to know that they specifically dislike Russia and would be willing to jump on any board to conclude some bad things about Russian skaters.
You can tell I am neutral here. If they dope, they have to pay, if they're innocent, they don't deserve this kind of treatment until there is some official news from WADA or ISU.
The issue is so many people still follow TSL and turn to believe their misleading statements. I somehow find myself disgusted at them. They don't have conclusive evidence yet they're spreading it on Facebook as if it's the truth.

Last edited:

mcq

Record Breaker

Gossiping about things like skaters changing coaches or not practicing spins enough might be ok and within line, but speculating and accusing whether someone dope or not is crossing the line in my opinion. Especially if they have no basis and proof. They could have been sued for slander.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I have seen enough from TSL to know that they specifically dislike Russia and would be willing to jump on any board to conclude some bad things about Russian skaters.
You can tell I am neutral here. If they dope, they have to pay, if they're innocent, they don't deserve this kind of treatment until there is some official news from WADA or ISU.
The issue is so many people still follow TSL and turn to believe their misleading statements. I somehow find myself disgusted at them. They don't have conclusive evidence yet they're spreading it on Facebook as if it's the truth.

Exactly. Look at their disgusting OTT treatment of Liza and the fact that they completely ignored the TUE issue with regard to US athletes. Pathetic! I'm American and I cannot stand their biased, trashy show.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So basically, there really is no evidence of Adelina dopping or sample tampering. They found a horizontal mark on her urine sample which can be a result of lid being screwed on forcefully during the initial sample collection.

I think the only way Adelina will get into trouble is if in addition to type 1 scratch marks she is named to the Duchess List of protected athletes. At that point her urine would be expected to be clean anyway so retesting the sample won't do anything. I'd doubt that would be conclusive enough to bring about any podium changes. It's pretty circumstantial and most certainly would end up in CAS where I doubt without a failed test they could prove cheating.

It's too bad the man who developed the cocktail, managed the duchess lists success, monitored all failed tests and helped cover up the results for years leading into multiple Olympics gets off Scott free and is obviously still working in some capacity in the field based on the new banned substance list effective Jan 1 :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.