Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 54 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

skatefan22

Medalist
well this is from August 2013
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...007122.-2207520000.1407193909.&type=3&theater

and this from July/August from this year
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...007122.-2207520000.1407194187.&type=3&theater

it can be also that his t-shirt looks tighter in the first pic :think: he does look different anyway :laugh:

Thanks, Hanmgse! He looks bigger now! Even compared to the 2nd pic that you said is also of this year. Wonder how he did that in just weeks.

Nicky_10

Rinkside
So, I've found this link, it seems that it's about commercials with him etc, something about a 80 million yen contract (? i'm not sure ... ) :slink: I don't know what this is all about though, since Google translate can't form a real sentence to save me. I'm just leaving it here. :think: http://zasshi.news.yahoo.co.jp/cm/main?d=20140805-00010002-jisin-ent

Just a short loose translation...
Normally the salary for a cm is around 50,000,000 yen, so why is it as high as 80,000,000 yen for Yuzuru Hanyu?
Other athletes such as Yuto Nagatomo (soccer) gets 50,000,000 yen, Kagawa Shinji (soccer) gets 60,000,000 yen and in th figureskating world, Taisuke Takahashi around 20,000,000 yen and Mao Asada also 50,000,000 yen.
So how comes that Yuzuru Hanyu's pay is that high. At the moment he has offers from about 20 companies. But as a top skaters the commercials he can do are limited to around 5. At the moment there are only two spots left, so the competitions is quit rough. Most likely he will chose some drink maker and a clothing company.

I hope I didn't make any mistakes with the numbers.... And it's just a rough translation!

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Normally the salary for a cm is around 50,000,000 yen, so why is it as high as 80,000,000 yen for Yuzuru Hanyu?
Other athletes such as Yuto Nagatomo (soccer) gets 50,000,000 yen, Kagawa Shinji (soccer) gets 60,000,000 yen and in th figureskating world, Taisuke Takahashi around 20,000,000 yen and Mao Asada also 50,000,000 yen.
So how comes that Yuzuru Hanyu's pay is that high. At the moment he has offers from about 20 companies. But as a top skaters the commercials he can do are limited to around 5. At the moment there are only two spots left, so the competitions is quit rough. Most likely he will chose some drink maker and a clothing company.

I hope I didn't make any mistakes with the numbers.... And it's just a rough translation!

Wow, if I´m correct 80000000yen are US$779963.20??? :eek: Go kid!!!

won0066

On the Ice
Wow, if I´m correct 80000000yen are US$779963.20??? :eek: Go kid!!!

Does Yuzuru have an agent?? I thought i read somewhere that Daisuke is managed by IMG, and has recommended them to Yuzuru....but i have no concrete proof of this. Does anyone know??

Lambari

Final Flight
I was even wondering these days why he wasn't in a lot of commercials, while Mao appeared in a lot of those before and after the Olympics. I thought that he was rejecting offers but now I know about the only 5 companies rule. I don't get why there's this rule though :think:

Boy, my poor pockets can't handle the thought of a US$779963.20 payment. Is it the amount that goes directly to him ... ?

Thanks for the translation Nicky_10 :biggrin:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Guess he will have to pay taxes, and I think they are very high in Japan, and also manager fees if he hires one.

Nicky_10

Rinkside
I was even wondering these days why he wasn't in a lot of commercials, while Mao appeared in a lot of those before and after the Olympics. I thought that he was rejecting offers but now I know about the only 5 companies rule. I don't get why there's this rule though :think:

Boy, my poor pockets can't handle the thought of a US$779963.20 payment. Is it the amount that goes directly to him ... ?

Thanks for the translation Nicky_10 :biggrin:

Your welcome!

The reason was in the part i didn't translate. If I understand it correctly, they try to keep his publicity at a small amount to raise the value of it...

Rinkside
Your welcome!

The reason was in the part i didn't translate. If I understand it correctly, they try to keep his publicity at a small amount to raise the value of it...

playing pretty tactfully aren't they? That's true though. If he was publicized too much, people would get used to him. But by keeping him at a distance, they make that one moment when he does appear extremely valuable and treasurable.

think of it. For commercials if he was on everyday viewer numbers would go down eventually. Say he came once every month, more views will be surely collected. :\

not bad

not bad

Esopian

Final Flight
I dont think this has been posted here yet. If it has, sorry. Its an article from Japan news: Waseda online university...and its in English!!

http://dlvr.it/6W6lHd

It's always interesting to read articles on Yuzu from various sites, especially Waseda University. Ever notice that the text in the article praises him non-stop? (not that I'm complaining) :biggrin:

Klarnet

On the Ice

Maybe I missed that, Ajinomoto, Docomo, what's third?