Pics of Johnny Weir | Golden Skate

Pics of Johnny Weir

soogar

Record Breaker
Looks like he's trying to match Brian Joubert, esp in the side posing jeans shot.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
No offence to him, he's really cute, but noone should be photogaphed without their shirt on unless he weighs at least 100 lbs. :eek:

SusanBeth

Final Flight
Am I getting old or does he just look impossibly young and overambitious? :confused: Nevermind, I NEED my denial.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
move over Mike... Johnny is trying to take over your job as being ummmmm... most in denial :laugh:

what is with my generation and thinking the "coolest" type of pics are ones where they are supposedly "sexed-up"????? oy!

Ummm....yulk...it's like muscles in skin and bones...not appealing at all! I have no objection to seeing any sort of half- to fully-unclothed photos, but Johnny needs to stick to the fully-clothed photos.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think the pictures are OK but the 2nd one looks like he's in a line up, :laugh: :laugh: Does anyone know why the skaters (men & women) do these kinds of pictures? I guess seeing skaters with their chests (men) all oiled and the women having their belly buttons or livers showing isn't very appealing to me. I would rather see a nice pose of them in their costumes.

Dee

Blue Bead

Medalist
I agree with Dee, What would cause him to do this sort of thing? I don't have any objections to these kinds of photos but it interests me, from a psychological stand point, why figure skaters resort to this. There seems to have been a rash of them lately. :laugh: I've never met Johnny but the impression I've gotten from his live and published interviews is that he's a private person and very introspective. Posing for these sorts of photos is in contrast to that IMHO, and it's almost as though he is trying to project a more public image, a "hip" image, for himself rather than an introspective one. I don't know....maybe I'm way off base here, LOL.

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
It's very intereting to me that the photo shoot of Sasha taken last year for some magazine the name of which I cannot remember (The pics do not appear to be on her site any longer. Although, I could easily have missed them. Detail isn't my forte.) resulted in a lot of strong opinions. These pictures of J We ( :laugh: - okay, that's ridiculous) are just as sexed up, but people seem more okay with them. Is skin less provocative than certain clothing? Or is it that he's a guy so he's got more leeway?

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
When you are young you do these kind of things. I see nothing wrong with the photos. He is an athlete and in shape and wants to show off his body. At least his hair isn't hanging all over the place.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
tharrtell said:
Is skin less provocative than certain clothing?

IMO depends on the clothing and who is in the skin. Somewhere there is someone who would probably get off on these, LOL. If it's the intended audience of 14 y/o girls it doesn't seem so bad. OTOH if it's perverts then yuk....let's not forget that Mary Kay LeTourneau is on the loose. :D Personally I find them equally tastless

Kasey

Medalist
Hmmm, I didn't know he was the long-lost son of Iggy Pop?? ;)

Seriously, I love Johnny's skating, and even his little sassy mouth! But the pics...well.....nice tan anyway!

I wanna know where the pics like this of Yags are!!! :love: :love: :love:

Kasey

Last edited:

pollyls

Rinkside
"nothing but vintage leather pants & vaseline"

Good morning Vietnam!!!! :love:
I've been waiting for these photos to be posted ever since Johnny mentioned them in his blog.
I am way intimidated.
Fans of Frank Herbert and the Dune series will probably agree with me that Baron Harkonnen should be left in the dark about the existence of Johnny Weir...nay, men's figure skating in general. :p

IDLERACER

Medalist
This guy and Sasha Cohen must secretly be twins. Not only are they the exact same age, but they appear to be identical from the neck down. They even use the same lipstick color. Click HERE