Chengjiang Li's jumps | Golden Skate

Chengjiang Li's jumps

LimeZest

Rinkside
He has a very good quad toe, salchow and triple axel. But I have never seen him try a triple flip and I do think he often double the lutz in his long program. I do think he tries a triple loop out of footwork in his short. Does he actually have a complete set of triples? Other skaters like this? (I don't wanna bash them at their level thought...) :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
This happens a lot.

Browning had problems with some of his 3's.

Goebel and Honda both tend to flutz.

Others have other examples.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
IIRC, the lutz is his least favorite and troublesome jump. I think it was mentioned on a Grand Prix broadcast either last year or 2 years ago.

Kurt Browning's nemesis was also the lutz. I only remember him trying the jump during the 92 Olympic season.

Paul Wylie didn't have the triple loop in his arsenal of jumps and had problems with the salchow.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

He has the stamina problem of 4.5 minutes. However, he did skate nicely NHK and when he smiled for the bows, I thought he is good looking, too. He should smile when he skates.

Joe

mpal2

Final Flight
Joe,

Li smiled at the exhibitions for 2003 Worlds. I almost fell out of my chair. It was like seeing a completely different skater. I think he is concentrating so hard during the competition that he just can't relax and enjoy it.

LimeZest

Rinkside
True! I'm not into asians but he's very good looking and charming. I also like the ''humor'' he often carries thru-out his programs. Remember the horns he made with his fingers in his Star Wars routine. Hilarious.

Li is my fave. He's lean and clean and he goes out there and runs though his jumps without all that distracting choreography. Plus, I like his costumes.

MM

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Double that....

Mathman said:
Li is my fave. He's lean and clean and he goes out there and runs though his jumps without all that distracting choreography.

:laugh: :laugh:

I actually love his jump-ability and on Monday night, was wishing the choreography and presentation gods would INVADE his life.

Mathman said:
Plus, I like his costumes.

MM

Well, he'll have to add a lot of junk to his costume IMO to compete with Joubert or Weiss for the Rusty Hanger awards this year. Maybe a boat anchor and a sequined tatoo would do it. It will take something really extreme.

mpal2

Final Flight
Doggygirl,

I wish I could find a picture of Li's exhibition costume for 2003 Worlds. He had a lot of multi-colored puff balls that looked completely horrendous and had nothing to do with the music. It would definitely qualify.

But, like I posted earlier he was happy and smiling and so full of energy. I forgave the costume. :rock:

pollyls

Rinkside
Chengjiang Li attacked by tribbles

:laugh:
From Star Wars, he has moved to Star Trek. Good acting, where he looks all startled in photo number 3!
I love seeing him skate, and I really hope we get to see his short program on TV sometime this season. I love his athleticism and I think his artistry is coming along. It's no worse than Tim Goebel's.