Torville & Dean in new British reality TV show | Golden Skate

Torville & Dean in new British reality TV show

That sounds interesting!
I like several of the reality tv shows we have here in the states, I'd REALLY like to see one involving skating!
I hope it's a success and that it's something that turns out to be enjoyable for viewers.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Wonder if this'll ever show up on BBC America -- sounds like a total hoot, tho I feel sorry for whoever draws Chris Dean to work with, unless he's mellowed out quite a bit in the last several years!

diver chick

On the Ice
Just to clarify!

BBC UK has a program called 'Strictly Come Dancing' in which various celebrities are paired with professional dancers and compete against each other to be voted the winner by the public. Apparently, over Christmas there will be a special edition of this program called 'Strictly Come Dancing on Ice'. A one-off episode from what I understand. This is *not* going to be fronted by Torvill and Dean.

They have signed a deal with ITV, BBC's rival channel, to front a whole series, for which no definitive date to air has yet been decided on. From the little information I can find it would appear that the ITV show will be called 'Celebrities on thin Ice'

Of course there is no guarantee that T&D will not front both, but it is highly unlikely!

S

SkateFan4Life

diver chick said:
Just to clarify!

BBC UK has a program called 'Strictly Come Dancing' in which various celebrities are paired with professional dancers and compete against each other to be voted the winner by the public. Apparently, over Christmas there will be a special edition of this program called 'Strictly Come Dancing on Ice'. A one-off episode from what I understand. This is *not* going to be fronted by Torvill and Dean.

This sounds like a hoot! I will gladly volunteer to skate with Christopher Dean.
I think the guy has a good sense of humor - believe me, he would need it, if he and I danced on the ice together! :rofl: :rofl: