Here's Abbey (and Ashlyn too!) | Golden Skate

Here's Abbey (and Ashlyn too!)

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Here is my sweet little Corgi, Abbey and my even sweeter great niece, Ashlyn.

Abbey dressed as an ice dancer for a Halloween party.

0062824-R1-030-13A.png

0062824-R1-026-11A.png

Ashlyn about to go after Abbey. Taken this past December.
0062824-R1-012-4A.png

Ashlyn up close with Abbey's leash in her hand. She loves to lead her back and forth through the house.
0062824-R1-014-5A.png

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Ashlyn and Abbey are both adoreable!!! I love Abbey's ice dancing costume. :laugh: How long did you manage to keep it on her?? I gave up on Halloween costumes for dogs a long time ago as they never lasted long enough to even get a picture!

DG

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Abbey wore her costume about two hours. This was a Founders Day /Halloween Dance for our Girl Scout Council. The girls love Abbey and of course she loves everyone (except the three little nephews, LOL). Abbey sees everyone as a source for food or someone to play ball with. My girls take turns walking her and at the dance had the DJ play "Who Let the Dogs Out" for her. For some reason she is afraid of storms. When it starts to thunder or even rain hard she wants to get as close to her humans as possible. One day I was sitting on the side of the bed putting on a pair of pantyhose and had both feet in, was over the calves and was getting ready to stand up and do the panty hose dance when I heard a crack of thunder. Abbey ran in, lunged between my legs, and parked herself between my feet on top of the pantyhose that were know back around my ankles. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: She refused to move and because she weighs almost 30 pounds and is long bodied she is very hard to lift while supporting her spine so I couldn't move her. I had to take the pantyhose off to untangle myself from Abbey, comfort her, and then get another pair and start all over. She also doesn't like to hear paper rattle and hates it when you tie up trash bags and put new ones in the trash cans. If you put something where it doesn't normlly go she barks until you move it....purses, keys, her leash...SHE KNOWS, LOL. Also, she loves to be vacuumed. It is vey dfficult to vacuum the floors unless Abbey gets vacuumed first.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Cute pictures, Piel........thanks for sharing them...... :) 42

JOHIO2

Medalist
Piel,

Loved the pics and the stories. My new kitty, Callie, also dislikes "the changing of the garbage bags." She runs like the devil is chasing her! As I found out this weekend, she also doesn't like storms. We had several days of wind (and enough snow to make this winter the record for snowfall -- 105.5". OK, there is more snow elsewhere, but that is OUR record.) Howling winds inspired a few attacks of the kitty crazies. A transformation from an inert furry object to wild cat. Of course, after all that exercise, she is now returned to inert, sleeping furry object.