Wheeeeeee! New Skates!!!!! | Golden Skate

Wheeeeeee! New Skates!!!!!

soogar

Record Breaker
I finally got new skates because my old ones were so worn out. I wound up getting beige Graf Dance skates because they were comfortable and looked really pretty and they are BEIGE!!!! I love beige skates. I just skated a little bit in them today to test them out and I have to get used to the low boot. I figured I can get away with a dance boot for now b/c I only do very small jumps and I mainly work on crossovers and turns.

soogar

Record Breaker
WeirsAngel said:
Enjoy your new skates! I'm gonna get a new pair of skates myself :rock:

Have you made a decision as to what brand of skate you are going to buy?

WeirsAngel

Rinkside
Have you made a decision as to what brand of skate you are going to buy?
It's edea skates called "concerto". I've heard that they're very good and my friends are using them too. I don't really know what blades I'm going to choose, but I think it will be "pattern 99". :p

soogar

Record Breaker
WeirsAngel said:
It's edea skates called "concerto". I've heard that they're very good and my friends are using them too. I don't really know what blades I'm going to choose, but I think it will be "pattern 99". :p

Have you tried them on? My skate fitter mentioned Edea to me and said that the sole of the skate is wafer thin and the skater who had the Edea wound up switching because there was no shock absorption. I've only seen Edea on the internet and they look interesting but feeling the blade underneath your foot has to be somewhat disconcerting.

WeirsAngel

Rinkside
I've only tried them off the ice...But thank you for telling me. I think I'm gonna test some other skates too just to see which one fits me best... :p

CDMM1991

Medalist
I just recently got new Jackson skates with new ultima lite blades that look really nice :) They are supposed to be lighter and therefore make jumps higher Who knows if they will haha ... i'm back on the ice for the summer on Monday so we'll see how it goes!

soogar

Record Breaker
CDMM1991 said:
I just recently got new Jackson skates with new ultima lite blades that look really nice :) They are supposed to be lighter and therefore make jumps higher Who knows if they will haha ... i'm back on the ice for the summer on Monday so we'll see how it goes!

Are they the hinge skates?

Dutch Skater

Rinkside
Ohh that's really nice! Do you have a picture of you new skates?

I need new ones to i guess, but my parents are saying i can skate on my skates atleast another season

WeirsAngel

Rinkside
ehm. They said that I needed size 250 but we compared the 245 and the 250 and they were exactly the same size! And the guy who soled the skates called some other stores and it was the same thing there...so now I have to choose if I want size 245 or 255...Argh...shit cuz 255 is a little too big and I don't know about 245 cause these skates are kinda expencive so my parents won't buy me new skates anymore...Really ennoying thing...