Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 530 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
lol thanks! :biggrin: Sorry for the obvious grammar mistakes, though. ;)

What I wonder now is if he's going to WTT. It's clearly not worth it in my opinion. Beside, he needs as much rest as possible so that he can come back better than ever next season.
when is that competition?

Pamigena

Record Breaker
:confused: How is that a sweet side effect?!
I detected a hint of sarcasm in Elaine's post ;)

anyway, I know what I'm getting those flower girls for Christmas :p how could there be even more Poohs than yesterday???
(I was just about to suggest to rename them Pooh Girls, but if you don't see that name written down and only hear it, it's not very flattering :biggrin: so we probably shouldn't do that after all)

ahkeekee

Medalist
The winner takes all, the love and the hate.

Shamed on Japanese press and federation if they try to blame yuzu for not getting 3 spots.

Oh my goodness! Why would the Japanese press blame him for this? It's nobody's fault, if they were to blame someone, it'd be luck....

If Machida was competiting, the three spots might still be intact though.... such a pity! (sorry i didn't mean anything, I just thought that it was a pity that Machida had to retire right before the season ends....)

Plumededragon

Medalist
when is that competition?
From 16 to 19 April 2015, so in a few weeks. I know he's supposed to be in Japan to tape a new CM about bed stuff (sorry I forgot which brand) around the 7th.

https://instagram.com/p/0xoMhMoKR6/?taken-by=namnamnoodle

Cute guys...I don't know if this photo was posted here before,but I post it anyway :)
The best thing. Honestly, I didn't expect Nam to do so well, I'm very proud of him... well, I'm proud of the Cricket brothers who rocked it all at this WC. ^^:love:

bunnibel

Spectator
hello! :) this is actually my first time posting...i just had to come out of my cave cause what yuzuru did today was so admirable...he fought so well and even though he didn't win i'm still so proud of him and so thankful for all his efforts despite all his hardships...he also showed really great sportsmanship as he was genuinely happy for javi..i really love their relationship! i just hope he has a long rest after that and comes back even stronger next season because i'm sure todays defeat has awakened his fighting spirit even more! congrats to javi again! ^^

Caustica

Final Flight
If Yuzuru had won gold, he would not have brought back three entries. As has been noted on other threads of this site, if a skater (or pair of skaters) wins gold, s/he or they ONLY bring back three entries IF s/he or they were the sole entrant in that discipline for that country. It is a non-issue.

He would have because his 1st placement with Kozuka's 12th would have added up to 13 which is the maximum for 3.

Rissa

Record Breaker
BUT, I am actually really glad that Yuzu didn't win Worlds with that performance. Imagine all the backlash! Even if Javi hadn't skated well, Yuzu winning over Denis would already enrage people. (Well, he technically still did, but it doesn't matter because he didn't win.)

And to be frank, I wanted Javier to be the only one he'd loose to.

Same here.

Personally, I'm actually very pleased with the result. I only wanted Yuzu to win if he skated really really well, so it wouldn't be another "he won because others did badly" gold like in Sochi. And I'm very happy for Javi because he's a great skater and I like him very much, so now that he does have a well-deserved World gold, I won't feel bad for him if Yuzuru wins over him again. :laugh: I think Yuzu doesn't feel too bad about losing the gold under the circumstances and the fact that it's his good friend who got the gold instead makes the the loss easier to swallow. (Though I kinda wish Denis Ten got a gold some time too because I love his skating, but then I love Yuzuru's more...)

We can clearly be VERY proud of Yuzuru! Considering the year he had had, it's like a MIRACLE that he managed to accomplished so much! I know he did have great doctors and support, but mentally lot of skaters would have crumbled in his place.

As we had a chance to see today. Ouch, some of these guys just fell apart after the first mistakes. Poor Han Yan. There were moments when Kovtun looked like the only thing he wanted to to finish as quickly as possible... More power to Yuzuru that after two such big mistakes he nailed everything else.

Considering that we had no idea what to expect, first or tenth, silver in his hands is a relief actually. Well, on to the next season! With the original layout of Chopin please!

Last edited:

phaeljones

On the Ice
He would have because his 1st placement with Kozuka's 12th would have added to 13 which is the maximum for 3.

I stand corrected. Thank you. I realized that and erased my entry. Not quick enough though. Thank you.

However, if that is the logic of anyone, that a skater be criticized for coming in second to top up a skater who comes in twelfth, . . . well . . . just be happy with what you got, because it is still pretty good. That speaks more ill of the critics' values than it does of the skaters' abilities.

Two entries will be short-lived. It will be three again.

Last edited:

Plumededragon

Medalist
Same here.

Personally, I'm actually very pleased with the result. I only wanted Yuzu to win if he skated really really well, so it wouldn't be another "he won because others did badly" gold like in Sochi. And I'm very happy for Javi because he's a great skater and I like him very much, so now that he does have a well-deserved World gold, I won't feel bad for him if Yuzuru wins over him again. :laugh: I think Yuzu doesn't feel too bad about losing the gold under the circumstances and the fact that it's his good friend who got the gold instead makes the the loss easier to swallow. (Though I kinda wish Denis Ten got a gold some time too because I love his skating, but then I love Yuzuru's more...)

As we had a chance to see today. Ouch, some of these guys just fell apart after the first mistakes. Poor Han Yan. There were moments when Kovtun looked like the only thing he wanted to to finish as quickly as possible... More power to Yuzuru that after two such big mistakes he nailed everything else.

Considering that we had no idea what to expect, first or tenth, silver in his hands is a relief actually. Well, on to the next season! With the original layout of Chopin please!
Oh, I'm very sure Denis will have his chance at it again. He's one of the promising skaters. I'm already looking foward to what he'll do at the next GP season. :)

Yes, lot of skaters didn't do well. Poor Yan and Zijun. That actually made me sad, I was hoping for a good finish for them, especially Yan. I was sad for Sergei too, and while I don't like Maxim, I felt bad for him too, clearly a bad time for him. :no:

The biggest joys, aside from Yuzuru of course, were Misha, Nam and Javier. So proud of them.:yay:

Caustica

Final Flight
I stand corrected. Thank you. I realized that and erased my entry. Not quick enough though. Thank you.

However, if that is the logic of anyone, that a skater be criticized for coming in second to top up a skater who comes in twelfth, . . . well . . . just be happy with what you got, because it is still pretty good.

Two entries will be short-lived. It will be three again.

YES, IT WILL! I have no doubt :D

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
That was an amazing fight Yuzu and I could not have been anymore prouder. With the season you've had, its a miracle that you were even able to attend Worlds let alone win a Silver Medal.

I know that he's so happy for Javier, as well as mad and frustrated at himself but this is just the beginning. Its a marathon, not a sprint. What is important is that he fought, he didn't give up and no one can say anything about his character. Your health is the main priority....now he just needs to rest and take it slow. Season's finally over, its time to get some much much needed R&R.

-While I am very happy for Javier and glad that he won instead of Yuzuru, my heart hurts for him....he must be beating himself up over it. :cry:

Last edited: