Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 529 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Caustica

Final Flight
Why would people be mad of Yuzu scoring higher than Denis? He lost the FS to Denis and Denis won the FS. The scoring is pretty fair given all three medalists are favored by the judges.

:shrug: People are not rational. There is already discontent towards the overscoring of Yuzuru, which is less than the discontent towards Denis because he is still seen as the 'underdog'. Yesterday, some people were already unhappy that Yuzuru outscored Javi. People are not, in general, very pleased when world champions win with multiple obvious mistakes - regardless of how other people skate. Also, people tend to pay more attention to the FS than the SP when assessing how 'deserving' world champions are.

Just pointing out some observations about how people tend to act & feel on the forum.

Elaine666

Final Flight
I would like him to keep the same SP next season just because there are so many potentialities in this program and I want to see the original layout as debuted. When I first saw this program, I believed it could be another one to break 100. If he could keep it or at least turn it to an EX, that would be fantastic!

Caustica

Final Flight
I would like him to keep the same SP next season just because there are so many potentialities in this program and I want to see the original layout as debuted. When I first saw this program, I believed it could be another one to break 100. If he could keep it or at least turn it to an EX, that would be fantastic!

Same! I would love to show it to people as an introduction to figure skating, but the falls/other obvious mistakes wouldn't leave a very good impression. It's so lovely!

Elaine666

Final Flight
:shrug: People are not rational. There is already discontent towards the overscoring of Yuzuru, which is less than the discontent towards Denis because he is still seen as the 'underdog'. Yesterday, some people were already unhappy that Yuzuru outscored Javi. People are not, in general, very pleased when world champions win with multiple obvious mistakes - regardless of how other people skate. Also, people tend to pay more attention to the FS than the SP when assessing how 'deserving' world champions are.

Just pointing out some observations about how people tend to act & feel on the forum.

It is normal. Champions always take the greatest criticism because they are champions. This is probably the sweetest side effect of being a champion.

jace93

On the Ice
Same! I would love to show it to people as an introduction to figure skating, but the falls/other obvious mistakes wouldn't leave a very good impression. It's so lovely!

You could use the Japanese nationals one. There he did a 3lz-2t, so it wasn't perfect, but casual fans wouldn't notice the difference =)

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
A little sad, but Yuzuru gave a great fight. And I will skipt and ignore overscoring comments.

Have a nice day everyone.

Elaine666

Final Flight
Same! I am actually not surprised, since as far as I can remember, he always fights to the end :) Those were some gutsy saves!

I was just worried that his body condition would not allow him to do what he fights for. Thanks god this season is over.

mei 03

Rinkside
This silver he got in the same skating rink when we were terrified to watch him skate after the scary collision with Han Yan, and after the Japanese Championships, the surgery....and after that the sprained ankle... So many probblemes and he obtains a silver. I am very proud of you Yuzuru, our little prince of ice!
Have a goog rest and be healthy and strong for you and all that are loving you ! You are a hero to me !

What I love about Hanyu is his skating and his attitude. He showed to us tonight what a true sportsman means. Even though he is frustrated, he gladly cheered Javi. BTW, the FANS here are awesome too. I'm glad I joined this forum.

Omedetou Hanyu!!! :cheer:

ahkeekee

Medalist
Ahhhh, so upset about Japan losing three spots. Not that it's Yuzu's fault of course. Such things really depend on how other people skate as well, so... it's not really anyone's fault... but it's sad all the same :(

BUT, I am actually really glad that Yuzu didn't win Worlds with that performance. Imagine all the backlash! Even if Javi hadn't skated well, Yuzu winning over Denis would already enrage people. (Well, he technically still did, but it doesn't matter because he didn't win.)

On an unrelated note, I really hope he keeps Chopin and returns to the original planned layout next season. Spread eagle - 3A - spread eagle. :love:

By the way, does anybody have a translation of his post-FP interview?

Does anyone know how many spots does Japan have left for next year? It'd add up to the pressure for nationals (since the vacancy's decreased).....

roxella

On the Ice
I am very happy for Yuzu...the result was fair,in my opinion...Javi was better today :) Congrats,kid and can't wait to see you next season in competition :dance: I am already wondering which songs he'll choose for next year's programs ..hahaha :yay:

Last edited:

Caustica

Final Flight
It is normal. Champions always take the greatest criticism because they are champions. This is probably the sweetest side effect of being a champion.

:confused: How is that a sweet side effect?! EDIT: the criticisms I am talking about aren't really the interesting, analytical, etc. ones. They would just be snarky comments about Hanyuflation, how he can win with x mistakes, how he never skates clean programs, how he is the judges' pet... :(

Anyway, I agree that it is normal, and doesn't just happen to Yuzu of course. I suppose I am just relieved as a fan to not have to see the scathing things people would say.

Unrelated note: I feel that the pressure of having to win to get 3 spots might have gotten to him (if he was aware of the situation).

Last edited:

Caustica

Final Flight
I am very happy for Yuzu...the result was fair,in my opinion...Javi was better today :) Congrats,kid and can't wait to see you next season in competition :dance: I am already wondering which songs he'll chose for next year's programs ..hahaha :yay:

Same, I am already wondering about next year's programs, not just for Yuzu but for everyone :drama: but the off season is so looooooong

SuzyQ

Medalist
2 for men and 3 for ladies. Who would have predicted this!

It was ladies actually worried about spots. What results :drama:

Japanese fans are already talking about Yuzuru and Shoma as the team Japan, expecting them to get back three spots. But heaven knows. The Nationals this year would be even severer for Japanese male skaters.

Last edited:

Caustica

Final Flight
It was ladies actually worried about spots. What results :drama:

Japanese fans already talking about Yuzuru and Shoma as the team Japan, expecting them to get back three spots. But heaven knows. The Nationals this year would be even severer for Japanese male skaters.

Oh, indeed :no: I feel like Kozuka is going to retire :cry: Not sure about Mura...

I really have no idea what to expect of Shoma next season. Really liked him this season but he's being put under sooooo much pressure.

Elaine666

Final Flight
:confused: How is that a sweet side effect?! EDIT: the criticisms I am talking about aren't really the interesting, analytical, etc. ones. They would just be snarky comments about Hanyuflation, how he can win with x mistakes, how he never skates clean programs, how he is the judges' pet... :(

Anyway, I agree that it is normal, and doesn't just happen to Yuzu of course. I suppose I am just relieved as a fan to not have to see the scathing things people would say.

Unrelated note: I feel that the pressure of having to win to get 3 spots might have gotten to him (if he was aware of the situation).

The winner takes all, the love and the hate.

Shamed on Japanese press and federation if they try to blame yuzu for not getting 3 spots.

Plumededragon

Medalist
Nice english words from France ;)
lol thanks! :biggrin: Sorry for the obvious grammar mistakes, though. ;)

What I wonder now is if he's going to WTT. It's clearly not worth it in my opinion. Beside, he needs as much rest as possible so that he can come back better than ever next season.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
lol thanks! :biggrin: Sorry for the obvious grammar mistakes, though. ;)

What I wonder now is if he's going to WTT. It's clearly not worth it in my opinion. Beside, he needs as much rest as possible so that he can come back better than ever next season.
when is that competition?