2007 JGP Final | Golden Skate

2007 JGP Final

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Can we wait until we know which skaters/teams (8 in each discipline) have officially qualified? ;)

The only two I would bet on confidently would be:

Mirai Nagasu

Samuleson/Bates.

What I wouldn't bet on confidently:

Crone/Poiret (haven't seen them yet)

Adam Rippon

Pairs prediction very tough this year.

Joe

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Can we wait until we know which skaters/teams (8 in each discipline) have officially qualified? ;)

:laugh: Of course! I was going to wait too, but I just wanted to get the thread ready for when the final event was finished in a few weeks.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I think Brandon Mroz will win the mens division. Nagasu for the women. I don't follow jr. dance or pairs.

Cal Girl

Rinkside
Mirai is a beautiful skater and had a wonderful season last year. I think in time she will outperform Caroline and others but . . . she has to get consistent with a clean lutz.
This should be Rachael's season on the JGP and hopefully at Nationals too.
I predict it will be a tough comp at the JGP Final with any one of the top American ladies taking the Gold.
I am pulling for Adam Rippon this week but I think it will be Mroz who takes the Gold at the final.

Like Johnny Weir, Adam Rippon is a very special skater and I am hoping Morozov tries to enhance that specialty rather than try to make him into a Cossack.

Rachael v. Mirai should be a dilly.

Joe

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not sure if Gachinski is going to make the final. He kind of bombed in Germany and is on the bubble with 22 points.

I think it's a major mistake to forget the Chinese man, Ginlin Guan, or Adam Rippon, who has the highest overall total (two total scores added together) of all the men. Borodulin racked up a big score at one of his events, but he is not the most consistent skater around.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
It looks as though Lenko/Islam have just squeaked into the final. They're in 7th right now, and there is only one team on the list with the point potential to move ahead of them, which will likely happen. It will leave them in 8th place, which will be enough. Its a shame about MacCuish/Evans and Jones.Jackson's performances this week. They won't be in the running for the final now. Hopefully Velenosi/Fernandez can qualify for Canada.

oleada

Record Breaker
My picks for dance: Samuelson/Bates, Monko/Tkachenko & Crone/Poirier.
For men: Rippon, Mroz and Guan. I think Borodulin has a shot, but like chuckm said, he's not very consistent.

Last edited:
I haven't seen enough of non-Amercian skaters to label them inconsistent. I do use opinions by Chuckum who seems to know them well

Some of these Amercian boys were not at their best last year and one who was is no longer in contention for the Finals this year.

For me, no prediction on the Junior Men, but would love to see the complete final in SkateNetwork in their 'on demand' library.

Joe

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What Guan does have is very high presentation scores. That keeps him very high in the standings even though he doesn't have a technical edge. And his competitors have to land all their jumps to beat him, which puts the pressure on them.