2010 Olympic Podium (ladies) take 2 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2010 Olympic Podium (ladies) take 2

Who do you think will make it on to the 2010 Olympic podium?

• Yu-Na Kim

Votes: 142 81.1%
  • Mao Asada

Votes: 85 48.6%
  • Joannie Rochette

Votes: 72 41.1%
  • Miki Ando

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Carolina Kostner

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • Sasha Cohen

Votes: 10 5.7%
  • Rachael Flatt

Votes: 10 5.7%
  • Alena Leonova

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Fumie Suguri

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 7 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jovani2293

On the Ice
I want a repeat of the 2006 Olympics, like when the two big favorites fell apart. I want MIKI ANDO FOR GOLD!!!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I want a repeat of the 2006 Olympics, like when the two big favorites fell apart. I want MIKI ANDO FOR GOLD!!!

I would hope Miki's fans would want everyone to skate the best of their abilities and for her to still come out on top. JMHO.

Layfan

Record Breaker

So you're saying you want Ando to win but you only think she can if others fall apart?:frown:

Why would you want that?

My picks are:
1. Yuna
2. Ando
3. Rochette

Of course, Mao Asada could still get it together by February and win the whole thing. I think she is still the only skater who, if she skates her very best, has the chance to upset Yuna, assuming Yuna does her usual amazing job.

It'd be great to see Sasha on the podium but she's such a question mark.

BTW, why is Rachael Flatt the only other American on the list? I think she's probably surest best for making the U.S. team. But in Vancouver, even if she skates clean, she would have little chance of medaling, barring serious meltdowns from the likes of Mao, Rochette, Ando.

Katiekk12

Spectator
1. Yuna Kim
2. Miki Ando
3. Joannie Rochette.

I would say Kim has a good chance to win so far.
and Miki Ando and Joannie are likely on the podium.
For Asada, I can't say anything since she hasn't been able to show her strength in the competitions. I hope she can pull her best out in the National!!

LoveFS4ever

Spectator
Hi, I just joined this forum. I'm new here, too.
This is my historical first post:clap:

My picks are
1. Yuna Kim
2. Joannie Rochette.
3. Miki Ando

dorothea

Rinkside
Now I can't imagine for sure any skater on the podium ......
except Yuna Kim for Gold!
God bless Yuna! :clap:

Last edited:

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
I'm guessing it'll be Kim, Asada and Ando on the podium. Not the biggest fan of any of them, but I'm almost certain it'll be those three.

Bennett

Record Breaker
1. Yuna
2.3. Mao/Joannie/Miki

But at the Olympics you never know, right?:agree:

Anyone. Mirai might rotate every jump, Suzuki might have perfect two programs.

Neither Mao, Joannie, nor Miki was consistent at all this season. But Joannie and Mao have shown upward trends so have Mirai and Suzuki.

Miki has been kind of flat, but we haven't seen her for a month. So who knows?

Mao's 3A seems to be consistent now. But landing consistently and being ratified consistently are two different things. I think that her chances of making the three 3As are rather slim.

Joannie is a big question mark. She did fantastically well at Nationals, but with those Olympic pressures at home, I am not sure how well she can put everything together. But it was encouraging that she did better at LP than at SP at the Nationals.

Yuna's OGM looks almost locked unless she self-destructs, which is kind of unlikely. If she skates a clean SP, I think she can win.:yes: Her money jump, 3-3, is so extremely consistent. Isn't her success rate of 3-3 at comps over 90%? That is very encouraging for her.

miki88

Medalist
1. Yuna
2.3. Mao/Joannie/Miki

But at the Olympics you never know, right?:agree:

Anyone. Mirai might rotate every jump, Suzuki might have perfect two programs.

Neither Mao, Joannie, nor Miki was consistent at all this season. But Joannie and Mao have shown upward trends so have Mirai and Suzuki.

Miki has been kind of flat, but we haven't seen her for a month. So who knows?

Mao's 3A seems to be consistent now. But landing consistently and being ratified consistently are two different things. I think that her chances of making the three 3As are rather slim.

Joannie is a big question mark. She did fantastically well at Nationals, but with those Olympic pressures at home, I am not sure how well she can put everything together. But it was encouraging that she did better at LP than at SP at the Nationals.

Yuna's OGM looks almost locked unless she self-destructs, which is kind of unlikely. If she skates a clean SP, I think she can win.:yes: Her money jump, 3-3, is so extremely consistent. Isn't her success rate of 3-3 at comps over 90%? That is very encouraging for her.

She usually doesn't mess up her 3-3, but she has shown to mess up her other jumps(flip). It doesn't happen often, but big pressure has gotten to her before. Out of all these women, Miki is the one known to do really well under big pressure and surprise everyone, so I won't count her out on making an upset. However, Miki may need a little help from Mao or Rochette to make an upset, as the case with 2007 Worlds. Yuna wins the short program, falters in the long. Mao wins LP, Miki second in both, wins the event. It can happen ;)

Layfan

Record Breaker
I really, really, really hope Yuna gets her 3 flip together by the Olympics. Since the American girls have zero chance at the gold, it leaves me free to root for Yuna.

I wish I could change the way I voted. I would definitely put Mao on the podium now. It still depends on which Mao we see but I have faith we will see the great one. She is so, so lovely. I hope she nails it. I want to see another epic battle between her and Yuna.

I also have high hopes Mao will show up with a different costume for her LP. :biggrin:

miki88

Medalist
I really, really, really hope Yuna gets her 3 flip together by the Olympics. Since the American girls have zero chance at the gold, it leaves me free to root for Yuna.

I wish I could change the way I voted. I would definitely put Mao on the podium now. It still depends on which Mao we see but I have faith we will see the great one. She is so, so lovely. I hope she nails it. I want to see another epic battle between her and Yuna.
I also have high hopes Mao will show up with a different costume for her LP. :biggrin:

:yes: I also miss the intense rivalry between these two. I really want Mao to get back on track and make this competition a little more interesting. Because I feel that if Mao is still struggling, it may be repeat of GPF where if Yuna skates fairly well, she bascially has no real competition. Unless Miki and Rochette skate the lights out, which I think is as likely to happen as Mao landing all her 3As or Yuna bombing. I don't mind Yuna winning, but I just don't want another predicable and boring competition.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Arghhhhh. I think I jinxed Mao by posting that right before her SP at Four Continents.:frown:

Sophia KP

Rinkside
about.

:clap:1. Yuna
2 3 . Joannie (maybe.. cuz her hometown)
mao ( if mao did 3A, silver )
or miki ( if mao pop 3A, silver)