2013 Worlds Ladies FS | Page 50 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ladies FS

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
This. It all comes back around. It's a crap time for Russia to lose 3 spots but I would bet they will have them back this time next year.

Radianova isnt even eligible and Leonova is done. It is not like they have a slew of great age eligible skaters to choose from . They have 3 good but not great skaters with Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva, and Lipnitskaya, and one will be left home. Big deal really.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Hmm. Murakami's best performance of this program is still Skate Canada. But that was good enough for a medal. Osmond can't beat that. Mao maybe can but we'll see...

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Trust me I know exactly how you feel, having watched the US women implode for how many years? Keep the faith.
:thumbsup:

But on the other hand you have a history :) Michelle, Sasha, Tara...many! every year there are so many promising girls)
we have only this wave

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Radianova isnt even eligible and Leonova is done. It is not like they have a slew of great age eligible skaters to choose from . They have 3 good but not great skaters with Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva, and Lipnitskaya, and one will be left home. Big deal really.

I'm almost wondering if Gosviani would have fared better than Tuk and Leonova!

jamie

On the Ice
I hope to God she gets for credit for thos jumps, second loop and the lutz were close....but round IMO.

artsciboy

On the Ice
First time I actually liked Murakami - she's toned down that wildness she had in the past. If she medals, I'd be fine with it.

tulosai

Record Breaker

I mean, my real point was the worst time to lose spots (and best time to gain them) is in the year leading up to Olys. It would be a crap time even if Russia had only one good skater.

Gymfan15

On the Ice
I feel like tweeting Cristina and Mirai and being like, "Congratulations; your chances at making the Olympics just increased by a million!"

dwiggin3

Final Flight
Kanako killed it! Wow!

There is something about her jump technique that really irks me...lots of high-kicks (mule kicks) on the toe jumps and just big movements going into jumps..not quite the typical projection but it's not pretty IMO...not a fan of her.

willdu

On the Ice
Kanako was on!

I think Ashley has one of the best choreographed programs this year. It is really capitavating and suits extremely well. Gracie needs to take notes on getting better choreo and better music. Looking good US ladies!

EDIT: Point I was making. Good programs get you far.