2014 Coupe de Nice October 15th-19th | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2014 Coupe de Nice October 15th-19th

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I am impressed with the improvements from Vera and Andrei, definitely a step in the right direction. They got downgrades on the 3T and 2S.

Not Liza's best performance but more than enough to win here, I hope she is back to 100% for Skate America. I was a little dissapointed for Maria Stavitskaya, some falls & under rotations but still lovely to watch.

samson

Medalist
Just watched Liza and Coomes and Buckland.

I hope Elizaveta doesn't burn herself out before the grand prix even begins. I'm sure there was a strategy here for her to build her confidence so she could go into SKAM feeling solid, but she just looked a little tired to me. The programs seemed to lose a little but of their punch for me at this event. She didn't leave the sort of impact I felt she had at Nebelhorn.

Coomes and Buckland had some great scores! I honestly thought they looked sloppy (beyond the mistakes) in both routines, I know it's early but I was surprised they scored as big as they did here. Still it seems like they are a team looking to make a surge this year. I think it's going to be hard for them to crack into that top tier - I don't see it this year - They still gotta get passed the Shibs and I have a feeling Papadakis and Cizeron are going to be stiff competition for them too, still it was a nice start to the year.

brushalley

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Just watched Liza and Coomes and Buckland.

- They still gotta get passed the Shibs and I have a feeling Papadakis and Cizeron are going to be stiff competition for them too, still it was a nice start to the year.

I just can't look past the height difference of C/B .They look like a pair team.They look to have good programmes though and I think they have a sharpness in their skating that the Shibs don't have especially for the SD this season.I would love to see P/C on top of the Euros podium :) but beating C/L will be difficult.