2014 Olympics Pairs Free Skate | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Pairs Free Skate

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
True, but I think they have potential. I mean, this was pretty much an unimaginative mess (with one great lift), but I do think they look like a pair and have potential. I'd like to see them in another year.
ETA: though given them in the kiss & cry, they don't seem to have a warm personal relationship. lol!

Zamboni

On the Ice
I'm so glad that NBC is showing the skating during the daytime. It used to be that they refused to show marquee events because of the impact of the primetime ratings. I remember everyone complaining about this during the 2012 Olympics -- we wanted to watch the gymnastics team competition LIVE on TV (a livestream on a tiny computer screen is not the same). !

NBC seemed to refuse to admit that times had changed, and that true fans wanted to see it as it happened.

I'm glad that they changed their minds. Now I can sit back on my couch and relax while watching on my husband's old-school 51-inch projection TV!

At least during Pairs I can relax, because I know that our Pairs teams aren't going to get anywhere near a medal, so I don't have to be so nervous. :laugh:

If they show the Ice Dance live, though, I don't know if I can relax enough to watch it. :p

I do have my DVD player recording it, though.

LongTimeLurker

On the Ice
D/K's choreography seemed sluggish in spots, and perhaps not rehearsed enough? Or maybe they were just a bit "off" today.
I've never seen them before, but sure like her - nice and assertive!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Hey sequins--how did your interview go?

I think it went okay. I was interviewed while watching last warm-up group of Pairs SP, which probably made me less talkative :p
It will be send on radio (3 minutes on DR P4) the following week as part on a series on the Winter Olympics

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
D/K's choreography seemed sluggish in spots, and perhaps not rehearsed enough? Or maybe they were just a bit "off" today.
I've never seen them before, but sure like her - nice and assertive!

Maybe nervousness. They were quite solid at Euros, where they got 108.61 for their FS

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I think it went okay. I was interviewed while watching last warm-up group of Pairs SP, which probably made me less talkative :p
It will be send on radio (3 minutes on DR P4) the following week as part on a series on the Winter Olympics

You did tell everyone about the coupons for FREE BOOZE that skating companies send to everyone who watches on tv, right?
;)

CarneAsada

Medalist
Why should takeoff matter, since the woman is being hoisted in the air by her partner? Unless the takeoff orientation and edge changes the difficulty of the throw, but again, I'm finding it hard to understand how that is so, if height, distance and air position are pretty much determined by the throw. :think:

I'm such as pairs ignoramus. :laugh:
The woman needs to provide some force of her own, she's not a sack of potatoes being thrown in the air. :laugh:

Zamboni

On the Ice
The woman needs to provide some force of her own, she's not a sack of potatoes being thrown in the air. :laugh:

When I told my mother-in-law about the man lifting and throwing the woman across the ice, she asked innocently: "So he does all the work?"

I had to explain about triple throws :)

rollerblade

Record Breaker
NBC seemed to refuse to admit that times had changed, and that true fans wanted to see it as it happened.

So true! If they don't want to provide free online streaming (live or VOD), at least sell an Olympic streaming pass to the people who don't have cable. They could even sell the pass in tiers - all access pass, event pass, and what not. So much money could have been made. They could learn a thing of two from the eSports crowd. :p

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
BERTON Stefania / HOTAREK Ondrej (ITA)

Music: Dracula by Philipp Glass

She's in red velvet, black dress. He's in black pants, black shirt w/ red hem

3T+2T+2T - solid
3Tw - bit low
3S - she falls on 3S<<
FCCoSp
ChSq
2STh - oh no
Li
BoDs - not too low
RLi
3LoTh - solid
Li
PCoSp

Sadly, one of their more worse performances this season.

FS: 58.68+57.83-1.00 = 115.51, 179.08, in 1st (out of 5)

Zamboni

On the Ice
So true! If they don't want to provide free online streaming (live or VOD), at least sell an Olympic streaming pass to the people who don't have cable. They could even sell the pass in tiers - all access pass, event pass, and what not. So much money could have been made. They could learn a thing of two from the eSports crowd. :p

I'm so lucky I have NBC Sports in my cable package. I thought all was lost when they got rid of Universal Sports, but I searched around and discovered NBC Sports on Channel 90 on North Jersey Verizon Fios.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Really? I think there's a lot of Philip Glass music that would work really well for skaing. De gustibus not est dispantandum.

Zamboni

On the Ice
Perhaps, but don't like this piece at all, esp. for a long program. It doesn't ebb and flow.

Tesla

Final Flight

I'd be fine with more ads. It sucks that you need to have a provider to watch online. I no longer have a provider, so I'm stuck with NBC primetime. I thought the coverage would be better.