2014 Olympics Short Dance | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Short Dance

ARipp42014

Medalist
The Turks tend to get a little frantic, but I really like them. I hope they don't get screwed on their music like they did at Worlds last year. She is gorgeous. It'll be close with the Aussies.

I still don't understand why they got docked a point because of the music! Maybe because it's something from Eurovision? :confused:

Orange Cat

On the Ice
That seemed like a really low score for the Turks... The audience sems to agree, what with the booing.

But at the same time I'm so excited for Dani and Greg!!!! Go Aussies!!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
The Aussies are slow but they they have more polish and do better with the required elements. The Turks are more exciting, but they are a bit frantic and not smooth (especially him), so their elements tend to be choppier. I can understand the scoring and I think it's fair.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
The Aussies are slow but they they have more polish and do better with the required elements. The Turks are more exciting, but they are a bit frantic and not smooth (especially him). I can understand the scoring and I think it's fair.

yep

they deserve to be above the reeds tho

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sasha Zhulin is a legendary coach? Really, Tara? :confused:

I really like Tara and Johnny but they don't seem into this like they are into the individual events. They constantly are comparing it to the individual event like when commentators watching hockey relate it to basketball or football so the average sports fan isn't lost. The difference seems, to me at least, they aren't relating it to individual skating for the viewers but for themselves to stay interested.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The Aussies are slow but they they have more polish and do better with the required elements. The Turks are more exciting, but they are a bit frantic and not smooth (especially him). I can understand the scoring and I think it's fair.

Looks like the levels cost them. Three level 2 elements. Greg and Danielle only had one level 2.

The Turks did win on PCS.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I really like Tara and Johnny but they don't seem into this like they are into the individual events. They constantly are comparing it to the individual event like when commentators watching hockey relate it to basketball or football so the average sports fan isn't lost. The difference seems to,me at least, they aren't relating it to individual skating for the viewers but for themselves to stay interested.

Neither of them were ice dancers so this really isn't their area. I'm surprised that NBC didn't augment their commentary with someone who, you know, actually knows what to comment on. Just a thought, NBC.

VirMo

On the Ice
Neither of them were ice dancers so this really isn't their area. I'm surprised that NBC didn't augment their commentary with someone who, you know, actually knows what to comment on. Just a thought, NBC.

Tracey Wilson and the Aussie commentator are so much better

elif

Medalist
Why Agafanova/Uçar got negative GOE for twizzles? I didn't notice any mistake and its not like theirs was slow :confused:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Looks like the levels cost them. Three level 2 elements. Greg and Danielle only had one level 2.

The Turks did win on PCS.

Yup. Choppy elements. I really like them and think they can only improve with more experience. He needs to CALM DOWN. If he does, I bet they'd have much smoother stroking and elements. They certainly have pizzazz galore.

ETA: I see "butt curtains" has been added as a tag, which is entirely appropriate! LOL!

caitie

Medalist

Seriously. I guess they are saving Tracy Wilson for the primetime broadcast which is fine, but I don't see why they can't get Judy Blumberg (she used to commentate for Universal Sports, which is in the same family I think?) or Ben Agosto if they don't feel comfortable allowing Tanith to commentate because of her relationship with Charlie.